forum

[resolved] Change the method of perfomance points counting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
Nowadays, the method of counting pp is a bit retarded. If you want to increase them so much, you must farm hard difficulties with DT/HR but when you play something nearly impossible, you get NOTHING.

Examples:

This map brought me 5pp. IT'S A NORMAL DIFF.

And this map gave me nothing, you see that only one person did fc it. Fuck logic.

My idea is to change the method of pp counting. How?

1. Don't give so much accent on accuracy (especially in ctb when if you miss a droplet in the end, you lose almost all the bonus and cri
2. Give much more accent on difficulty of the map - this will prevent pp farmers and hardcore players will have much higher rank than farmers and SSers.
3. If the map is older than 3-4 days and nobody fc'd the map, the pp of fcer should rise up intensively and if you have #2-#8 place, you'd be awarded, too.

Gogo your opinions, please
benguin
This should be moved to some other forum, this isn't a feature imho.
silmarilen
pp is not a measure of skill and shouldnt be taken as such
TheVileOne
Tell me what playcount has to do with performance silmarilen. How many times a song has been played has very little to do with individual performance. It shouldn't be valued nearly as much.
Oinari-sama
peppy mentioned on many occasions that he is not taking input on pp system, however he does not discourage discussions either.

Maybe there should be a centralised thread in forum 2 or 13 for this kind of discussions. Any new threads of similar topics can be immediately combined into it.
TheVileOne
Resolved.