forum

Friend request notification

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5,712
show more
xWillx
+1 Support :)
Louis Cyphre
Support x 100500
LaceWingfield

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

I do NOT support notice for adding friend, but I second there should be a fan list which indicates the players who add you as their friend.
+1
Wishy
Ok then just do this:

When you add someone to your friend's list you get asked if you want the player to receive a notification. Then you can privately stalk pro players (like most people I think have some top tier players in their list just so they can find them quickly) or you can either do the new stuff about telling him hey I added you.

Of course you should be able to disable these notifications, like "Check this and you won't receive notifications about being added as a friend". Which would be quite useful.

And lol@that fan list thing. I have had many people who added me as a friend because we used to play in multiplayer or something and for some reason I never added them, because I just forget or something it's not really a big deal, but having them listed as "my fans" would be SO retarded...
Yumi14_old

Wishy22 wrote:

Ok then just do this:

When you add someone to your friend's list you get asked if you want the player to receive a notification. Then you can privately stalk pro players (like most people I think have some top tier players in their list just so they can find them quickly) or you can either do the new stuff about telling him hey I added you.

Of course you should be able to disable these notifications, like "Check this and you won't receive notifications about being added as a friend". Which would be quite useful.

And lol@that fan list thing. I have had many people who added me as a friend because we used to play in multiplayer or something and for some reason I never added them, because I just forget or something it's not really a big deal, but having them listed as "my fans" would be SO retarded...
You got point in there
but there's no problem having friend list or fan list, because we will know who already add us :)
DerekMcD
+Support!
GigaClon
What is the purpose of friendship anyway, the only thing it seems to do is tell me when people are online, but I can't get a list of them on my profile or easily see there profiles or anything. It seems like the friends function is basically worthless.
Kei

GigaClon wrote:

What is the purpose of friendship anyway, the only thing it seems to do is tell me when people are online
At the top 40 scoreboard of a map, if one (or more) of your friends got a place there, that score it's marked/coloured with orange, and ingame, at the top 40 score tab at the left when the player is playing map, that score is coloured/marked with pink to let you know that one of your friends got a place there.. and.. when you click "Settings" in the osu! page, it shows you which friends are online right now, browsing the page.
But anyway, you're right, friendship isn't useful at all, and neither is this feature. I don't support this.
Rii_old_1

Wishy22 wrote:

it would be cooler as stalker list or something

anyway support+
just the notifications should be turned off if possible, imagine being cookiezi

I also noticed that quite some people randomly added me, it would be fun to know who did, lol
Aoko

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

I do NOT support notice for adding friend, but I second there should be a fan list which indicates the players who add you as their friend.
+1 This.
But, A stalker list would also be cool.
<---- I add my Idols as my friends. :p
-Athena-
i haven't got the nerve to add Cookiezi yet... it's a big step foward for stalkers am im not on that level yet unfortunately
Other than that +1 support ~ just make sure people have the option to turn it off
Rii_old_1

-A t H e N a- wrote:

i haven't got the nerve to add Cookiezi yet... it's a big step foward for stalkers am im not on that level yet unfortunately
Other than that +1 support ~ just make sure people have the option to turn it off
just become his friend then, no need to stalk \o/
theowest
1. Notification PM by banchobot or a message visible to you only in #announce.
I think this can be sent to you in the new #userlog p/2075711

on the users profile page display (has added you) above the become friends button.
while that is something that is going to be implemented in this newer, related request t/99627

also, the OP's account doesn't even exist anymore. We might want to move this request over to the new one.
Xanaehla
+1 Support!
theowest

Xanaehla wrote:

+1 Support!
this: t/99627 might be a better topic for you to "support" in the future
Endyron
Bara-
I support, very late, but this just got bumped.
I really want this, it seems very great.
I would like to know whem people add me, so I can add them back, Atm I have a whopping 8/9 mutuals.
But some people added me, but then some time later I add them, adn we are mutual. I would like to know if there are people who added me, because I like having friend, for the friends rankings
Myke B
support - would be a really nice feature.
laport

baraatje123 wrote:

I would like to know whem people add me, so I can add them back, Atm I have a whopping 8/9 mutuals.
But some people added me, but then some time later I add them, adn we are mutual. I would like to know if there are people who added me, because I like having friend, for the friends rankings
*9/9
Bara-

laport wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

*9/9
Ik bedoelde eigenlijk 8 OF 9, niet 8 vd 9, het is eerder 8 vd 83 (Nu dus 9/83, Thank you Laport!)
Bloodyback
Support +1
Fantinja
I hope this feature will be added soon :)
mxy_old_1
I really support it and I like the option with #announce/#userlog is the best. :3
Therealsage
I support this to some degree xD Please make sure to make it possible to disable these notices.
DENKOUSEKKA
*Revived from the Grave*
I need this because I have not a lot of friend ;A;
- Skullkid -

Wishy wrote:

Supporting this only if you can disable those notifications.
Agree. If there's no way of disabling the notification high ranked player are going to get spammed like crazy, but besides that i support this
lovelace
Used to really want this feature.

But I don't really care any more :\
Cerulean Veyron
Supporting this~ i srsly need friends ;^;
Girl
valar
NO I don't like it at all, it's already possible to let someone know they've been added by messaging them, a "feature" such as this just leads to poor culture. I find sending impersonal friend requesst to people so you can feel better about yourself by having a friend on paper.. a bit pathetic.

Isn't it better to talk to them and make real friends instead?

I propose a different change! Change the non mutual friendship label to "following" ^^ (keep the mutual friend icon)
Gumpy
Only if you could disable it, but at this point it looks like there is no hope.
Nathanael
I support this if the button prompts to send a notification to the user.
And for these notifications, BanchoBot should send them.
VShine
this would be a great feature :)
dex73r
bump
AzureRin
yeah this will be really good if it gets implemented =w= helps people know more people.
Skadra_old
Sounds Nice
+Supporting
[ Febri ]
good !!
Tari
YEEEEEEEEEESSS

I think it should be added, helps us know our stalkers!
[ Kubolo ]
I want this feature so much >.<
Riesu
This would be awesome to see and helpful.
show more