forum

[duplicate] Share our own replays on our profiles

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Eldwyn
Hello everyone !

I'm here to suggest a feature for osu!
I recently started to add my favourites replay in my folder "Replays", I wanted to show it to my friends in a fast way, but there is no other option than upload it on a file hoster and give the link to the friend.
So I wanted to suggest to the staff of osu! (and by the way I wanted to thank them a lot for the good job !) to add a share feature in game capable to share our replay on our profile page, and if the viewer has the map, can see the replay of the uploader. I think it would be great to share our achievements, our best scores and so forth...

Thanks for reading my suggestion, and if the idea suits you, I would be very grateful if you add a star ! :P

PS : I apologize for my poor English.
Mara
But wouldn't linking the replays to userpage do the same thing basically?
Winshley
User Page is not available to people who haven't become a supporter yet.

Though as Mara said, linking your Replay Data into User Page is already enough.
Oinari-sama

Eldwyn wrote:

I wanted to show it to my friends in a fast way, but there is no other option than upload it on a file hoster and give the link to the friend.
My guess is that the OP wants the replays in profile via a system similar to Shift+F12 for screen cap, instead of uploading it himself to another service.

This could be nice as a low-priority request I guess. peppy's probably got too much on hand to think about something like this when the userpage can achieve similar result (though not for everyone).

Btw I've been wondering: how long is the screen cap (via Shift-F12) hosted on server?
VoidnOwO
:)
puncia
Nathanael
Permanently hosted? I guess..
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5

On topic:
Seems not necessary since you can easily share a "small" file by uploading it into a filehosting site and put it elsewhere ( userpage/signature )
VoidnOwO
:)
Nathanael
Now that I think of this again, the forum has an attachment feature before but I guess it was disabled.
It might be a good idea to re-enable it on the "User Pages" subforum (if possible), add a limit, and make it exclusively for osr files.
In this case, the feature is for people who were once a supporter.
Winshley
Rather than posting here, you should post a new Feature Request thread instead.

Also, the attachment system on this forum used to be available past years, and was since disabled for a reason. Iirc, peppy said to use puush instead of here.