forum

Flashlight and Hidden

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RanPros
why flashlight gives 0.12x and hidden just 0.06x if hidden is like 4 times harder?
YukinoDesuDesu
hidden hard?
Topic Starter
RanPros

Asiangodx2 wrote:

hidden hard?
hidden is impossible, i failed techonlogic with it, while placed 49 in technologic with flashlight.
Soarezi
wat
silmarilen
scarlet rose
Topic Starter
RanPros
please dont troll guys im asking seriously, how is it possible to pass a song with hidden??????? i fail 0.5 stars with it
YukinoDesuDesu
Looking at your play count the solution is simple. Practice. Practice. Play more.
Topic Starter
RanPros
but bro flashlish is EASY to me and gives more points! impossible! SHIKZEA!
silmarilen
you play maps with low ar and low spacing, 2 things that make FL easier than any other mod, try playing a 500+ combo hard with it.
lower ar actually makes hidden harder

also you have less than 1k playcount, you need loads of practice to become good at anything in this game
jesse1412
FL is only easier if you suck balls.
Topic Starter
RanPros

silmarilen wrote:

you play maps with low ar and low spacing, 2 things that make FL easier than any other mod, try playing a 500+ combo hard with it.
lower ar actually makes hidden harder

also you have less than 1k playcount, you need loads of practice to become good at anything in this game
i have no idea what is ar actually, and i dont say that im good or something, but im saying that its impossible that flashlight is easier and gives more points!
Soarezi
my bangzingdongzong is telling you to play scarlet moose
Milkshake
how can flashlight be easy i'm just
wow

anyway just practice and try to follow the rhythm
TakuMii
As others said, it's only due to the difficulty of the maps you're playing. Flashlight on slower difficulties gives you time to search for notes, while it requires almost complete memorization on faster difficulties. Whereas Hidden requires nowhere near as much memorization as flashlight on faster difficulties, but the timing window is more vague and harder to read on slower difficulties.
Lach
4/10
Topic Starter
RanPros

Lach wrote:

4/10
its not even a troll
Topic Starter
RanPros
someone helped me but im still convinced that HD > FL
Topic Starter
RanPros

YayMii wrote:

As others said, it's only due to the difficulty of the maps you're playing. Flashlight on slower difficulties gives you time to search for notes, while it requires almost complete memorization on faster difficulties. Whereas Hidden requires nowhere near as much memorization as flashlight on faster difficulties, but the timing window is more vague and harder to read on slower difficulties.
But on hidden you dont even know when to hit the circle! it is even more memorization relied!
Karote

RanPros wrote:

YayMii wrote:

But on hidden you dont even know when to hit the circle! it is even more memorization relied!
Follow the songs rhythm. Hidden is also easy for fast maps , you know that you've to click right away.
Gilochan
try mode flashlight on insane diff rather than and easy mode. compare it with mode hidden on insane diff. u'll shyt brick
Topic Starter
RanPros

deeviluke wrote:

[quote="RanProsAs others said, it's only due to the difficulty of the maps you're playing. Flashlight on slower difficulties gives you time to search for notes, while it requires almost complete memorization on faster difficulties. Whereas Hidden requires nowhere near as much memorization as flashlight on faster difficulties, but the timing window is more vague and harder to read on slower difficulties.
But on hidden you dont even know when to hit the circle! it is even more memorization relied![/quote]

Follow the songs rhythm. Hidden is also easy for fast maps , you know that you've to click right away.[/quote]
oh i see, still thinks that it deserves 0.12x too tho
Ahri
@Ranpros:

Hidden isn't that hard actually.
The only thing you need for it is to know the speed of the map itself.
Most of the time you can do it after you played it with nomod first for example.
Flashlight on the other hand requires a good Memory on higher difficulties.
Wishy
You are a goddamn newbie, get good at the game before even talking about this because you have no idea what you are talking about.

/thread
-GN
hidden on lower Approach Rates gets really hard really fast. it's more or less imbalanced on harder difficulties, where the high AR doesn't require you to memorize the rhythm in the same way the rest of the AR spectrum does. flashlight can get really frustrating really fast, and gets exponentially harder the more difficult the map is, but isn't all that difficult on the lower difficulties considering the large time window you have to react(although sometimes you just have to memorize it anyway).

e: so basically, HD > FL on slow maps, FL >>>>>>> HD on harder maps. you'll understand this when you get skilled enough to play them.
Weed
flashlight easiest mod and hidden hardest yes can confirm
TakuMii

RanPros wrote:

YayMii wrote:

Hidden doesn't require very much memorization. Once you learn how it works, you'll be able to hit notes as easy as playing without Hidden (aside from a few complex overlapping rhythms, but that still requires much less memorization than Flashlight).
On Flashlight, you have no idea where the notes are, so you have to memorize the note patterns as well as the rhythms.

To be honest, when I try Flashlight, I can't pass most of the songs that I have no problems playing Hidden+DoubleTime on. It really changes once you get to the faster difficulties.
lovelace
Personally, I find HD WAY easier than FL.

I've only come to recently realise, that there is a small pocket of people on osu! who are naturally well suited to FL. It's a general consensus that FL is difficult. That should essentially satisfy your question as to why FL gives a higher score mod than HD.
brendanuhs
people dont understand that difficult of mods DEPEND ON THE BEAT MAP. i guarantee that most players will find doubletime EASIER than hardrock on a 100 bpm OD 8 CS 5 map. I also guarantee that people will find HD EXTREMELY difficult on a 180 bpm AR 3 map, with a non-retadedly low note density. This is why i think the score multiplier of mods should be relative to the beatmap. But I also know that this would be nearly impossible to implement and the current system is accurate for most hard/insane maps.
lovelace
I can't quite agree with Brendanuhs. If I take your point, then for some people HD on a 180 bpm, AR 3 map may be pretty easy, and DT on a 100 bpm map could be difficult. If you talk like that then EVERYTHING is relative to the player. This just means that it'd be impossible to set any sort of score multipliers because it wouldn't 100% completely fair.

I find that the current system is alright. HR in general isn't too difficult. On an insane map, it would be thought that HR would be too much a big difference. FL I would say if comparatively more difficult, however, to some people it can be a very easy mod.

It's not possible to have a completely fair system of score multipliers if you think of things like that.

This is all just my opinion, if you hadn't had gathered.
CXu
There are a bunch of indicators that can help you read HD without memorization. The time notes fade can be used instead of the approach circle, notes end up between followpoints, and generally just listening to the music. Very rarely do you actually need to memorize anything when playing HD. Flashlight is different though. While you can still use followpoints to a certain extent to find the next note, if you don't memorize it's more or less just guesswork.

The reason you think Hidden is harder than Flashlight right now is because you're not good enough to pick up on the fading, or follow the music accurately. You're also playing maps where you only need to memorize a few dozen objects (the rest can be found just by searching around with your cursor, or it appears in your field of vision). When you get to more complex maps, you'll see that being able to see the whole playfield will benefit you a lot compared to the limited vision you get from flashlight.
darkmiz
well i agree that FL score multiplier should be nerfed (at least lower than DT)

and HD is easier to read than nomod at AR10 and above