osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Felhantin

Lust wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

There are like 30,000 ranked maps... Lol
according to the wikipedia page for osu! around this time last year there were only 6,800 beatmaps ranked, i dont think too many maps were ranked this year in comparison to the past 5 years so maybe not even 15000 maps are ranked
That's just all the Andrea maps
AmaiHachimitsu
Again, why are mappools not decided in advance anyway?
Because fuck you, that's why. As if anybody cares about some silly World Cup

The same with Stream layout changing every round. Everything on the fly or last minute : D

Remember OWC is our privilege.
WolferZ_old

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

The same with Stream layout changing every round. Everything on the fly or last minute : D

wow such rebel
Frostmourne

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Why don't take it this way.
Those managers might not need to create OWC and they can just stay doing nothing, but they still volunteer for us, take their time to make it done. :o

Also I failed to understand as to why those people, who aren't even a player for any country, complain so much in every single point.
Natteke
Yeah not sure if Arc is a good choice, I didn't put much thought into that map, hopefully people won't pick it...
Darksonic
... I just realized we picked two Natteke maps rofl, oh well who cares.
GoldenWolf

Darksonic wrote:

oh well who cares.
the players that participate in owc, aka those who are going to play these maps, probably
Aqo

Darksonic wrote:

... I just realized we picked two Natteke maps
>only two

there's your problem
Darksonic

GoldenWolf wrote:

the players that participate in owc, aka those who are going to play these maps, probably
Why would they care about picking two maps of the same mapper if the maps are okay and fitty for the round? lol. I was just being sarcastic in some way.
Andrea
I see many people complaining and stuff about everything in this thread.

Seriously guys, instead of saying something everytime, just try to enjoy the most this tournament.
GoldenWolf

Darksonic wrote:

I was just being sarcastic in some way.
Well it didn't feel like that...
JappyBabes

Darksonic wrote:

and the double skystar \:D/
GladiOol

Andrea wrote:

I see many people complaining and stuff about everything in this thread.

Seriously guys, instead of saying something everytime, just try to enjoy the most this tournament.
Thanks Mrs Grundy.
WolferZ_old

GladiOol wrote:

Thanks Mrs Grundy.
wow you have such hilarious userpage XDD
Cyclohexane

Darksonic wrote:

Last round you guys had 2 Frostmourne maps in DT and I don't think anybody complained in fact they were the ones that got picked the most. \:D/
Kanye West
Aqo would have picked better maps.

cringe
Natteke

Kanye West wrote:

Aqo would have picked better maps.

cringe
For a moment i thought you were Loginer
jesse1412
I think all the HD picks should have been hr picks. I don't like them this round, last round was great though.

EDIT: Apart from marie.

EDIT2: God damn I count a lot of maps which really shouldn't have been picked this round, way too easy, a lot of them can be DTed and we're at quarter finals...
Soarezi
for some reason that my pace map on HR is very easy compared to some other HR maps. idk why o_o
jesse1412

Soarezi wrote:

for some reason that my pace map on HR is very easy compared to some other HR maps. idk why o_o
Because it's a doubletime map.

Also here's a list of all the not AR9 nomod/freemod maps:

AR9 is used way too much in general, maybe for the next rounds try to get at least ONE map away from it, there was a hd pick with ar8 and that's all in this round.
AmaiHachimitsu
I think 1/16 mappool was to some extent harder than last year's semi-final mappool.

Difficulty is a bit more balanced this round. Comparing Kodoku Egoism to DT picks was a joke.

Most of maps are at least good, I won't comment on the brackets chosen, but at least maps are good.

With the exception of Natteke's Lovesemble

It's just my opinion, don't hit
silmarilen

jesus1412 wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

Because it's a doubletime map.

Also here's a list of all the not AR9 nomod/freemod maps:

AR9 is used way too much in general, maybe for the next rounds try to get at least ONE map away from it, there was a hd pick with ar8 and that's all in this round.
happystick passed it with DT so it's a DT map
pretender 4 DT in finals
i bet i just made myself look stupid by implying happystick is the only one that did it
Synchrostar
where are the 2008 maps
fartownik

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Difficulty is a bit more balanced this round. Comparing Kodoku Egoism to DT picks was a joke.
Not really :P Idola no Circus and Hyakuren Yakou are way easier than all the nomods, probably easier than all the maps in the pool (I've played all the maps now). There's like 1 hard part in the Hyakuren Yakou map and it's a badly mapped one (the 1/3 spaced part), so yeah. Basically same situation as with Kodoku Egoism last round.
Mara

Natteke wrote:

For a moment i thought you were Loginer
Oh god I wasn't the only one.

sorry for offtopic
AmaiHachimitsu

fartownik wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Not really :P Idola no Circus and Hyakuren Yakou are way easier than all the nomods, probably easier than all the maps in the pool (I've played all the maps now). There's like 1 hard part in the Hyakuren Yakou map and it's a badly mapped one (the 1/3 spaced part), so yeah. Basically same situation as with Kodoku Egoism last round.

Yeah, I was posting it without having played all the maps then, you're right T.T
Lokovodo
If i call loctav a knobhead am i going to get banned from playing in future OWC?
fsxd_old

are owc admins interested in a better interface
Darksonic
Cool.
Zallius
I like this a lot. Let me work some magic, crunch some numbers and see how we go.

^_^;
Colored
nice tournament~
staff is awesome :P
Marcin
Waa, that interface is so good.
Oinari-sama
Wow I like that proposed interface a lot, especially the Team line-up info. It would be cool if each player's map rank can be displayed too, but I guess that's too much work.

Let's see what Zallius cooks up :D
Soarezi
looks nice
AmaiHachimitsu
Yes this looks delicious. You could also add some blue and red overlays for the stream windows, I mean 2 large squares. : D
PlasticSmoothie

fsxd wrote:

This is nice, needs a more obvious divider though imo, so people can easily see "This team's players are to the left, the others are to the right"
Mikelicious
Simple, clean and stylish; I like it.
Daniel58[MC]

fsxd wrote:

Looks much better then actual one.Lets see if admins wanna try this one.
Yarissa
@The map picks: having multiple Natteke maps shouldn't really bother anyone. We had multiple Frostmourne picks in best of 16 and those were debatably the best maps in the pool. (Then again, I absolutely love Frostmourne maps + DT so I'm a little biased)

Honestly as long as they're good mappers and it doesn't feel super repetitive, who cares?

P.S.: That overlay looks sexy. I can agree on dividing the teams a little better though.
Alumetorz
I'd like to request an #ostrich room if we win owc.

Omgforz vs. Korea
show more