forum

osu!monthly – Now Hiring!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
Hey guys! Long time no see, right?

Let's cut to the chase though – the osu!monthly's coming back, and it's looking for dedicated members to help make its return more awesome than ever! Breaking our hiatus, we're seeking people who are interested in writing or graphic design to contribute to osu!'s community newsletter. :)

We’ve made a few structural changes inside the osu!monthly. This is great because you can select which types of articles you want to specialize writing about – or, if you’re a graphic designer, what aspect of graphic design you want to mess with.

Here are the positions a writer can apply for:
  1. osu!news: Everyone in the osu!news department focuses on any current events happening within our community. Some examples include tournaments, new features, and any recent event interesting of note.
  2. osu!community: The osu!community department whips up articles oriented for community and forum fun. Anything related to the forum, its members, or the interactions among them illustrates this category. If you’ve been an avid osu!monthly reader before, Doomsday’s columns generally fall under this department.
  3. osu!technical: Writers in the osu!technical department specialize in all the mechanics and gameplay of osu! – playing techniques, tips in the editor, storyboarding – any of that behind-the-scene (or actual playing!) action belong here.
  4. Interview: True to its name, the Interview department solely focuses on chatting up with users and creating, lo behold, interviews of any subject. Interviewers should be audacious, social, and quite willing to ask a multitude of questions!
  5. Entertainment: All the writers in the Entertainment department actually don’t write about osu! directly – their pieces hail from game reviews to enjoyable, interactive activities. If you’re a cross between a writer and a gaming connoisseur or a person with a creative, fun mind, then this department’s a great choice for you!
  6. Editor: For the proofreading pros: anyone interested in applying for the Editor department should have a great command of the English language, or at least a great familiarity with the rules among them. Being able to spot errors, from content to mechanics, is a valuable skill that will ensure the quality of the final piece. It’s a very important role to take.
And here are the positions a graphic designer can apply for:
  1. Layout and Design: Designers in this department should have an idea of what makes an appealing layout with the space given. Any layout designer should have some familiarity with Adobe InDesign – else they can draft their design on any image editor like Photoshop.
  2. Graphic Elements: Mastering the art of welding beautiful shopped crafts, designers in the Graphic Elements department focus on creating the banners and aesthetics of the newsletter. Sufficient knowledge and awesomeness in Photoshop or GIMP’s a must here.
  3. Illustration: Able to etch and sketch a cute drawing of Pippi? Illustrators focus on creating visuals such as comics or drawings to make the newsletter a more professional and fantastic work overall.
Please note that these departments are inclusive. Applying for one of these departments will not exclude you from another, but do realize that applying for a lot of departments could turn out a bit too overwhelming for everyone!

If you’re interested in becoming a writer or editor, please sign up using this form!
Alternatively, if you’re interested in becoming a graphic designer, please sign up using this form!

As a last precaution, even though you’re applying for a certain position, it’s not guaranteed you’ll get that very position. For best results, make sure you have a great example of your work, any past experiences, your availability, and any other awesome things that you think will help you join our team. You can write all of that lovely stuff within the last text box in either forms. :)

Thanks for your interest in the osu!monthly! Here’s hoping for a great year!

Oh, and by the way! If you have any questions and comments, feel free to make a post here. :)
dkun
bumpalump

the osu!monthly is looking for new people once again! :D
MMzz
BIGBIGYEAH
Nyquill
You guys couldn't have been more lazy.
tiper

dkun wrote:

bumpalump

the osu!monthly is looking for new people once again! :D
Awwwww
Ezekeial
Just gonna give this a friendly bump, would be pretty good to see something like this, pity I'm terrible at both writing and graphic design.
Mara
Can I still apply for "that guy who is not part of osu!monthly but is still around in osu!montly secret meetings"?
Kanye West
Gave it a shot, we'll see what happens
YunoFanatic
Hmmp im quite confused @.@ im good at news ive always win in my school until colllage but im good at layout ive layouting for 3 yrs in other forums
Kabochacha
Looking forward to reading more up-to-date issues of this
Birdy
I'm assuming this thread is broken.
those
This thread is all sorts of broken.
dkun
I hope this fixes the thread.
Birdy
It did, thanks dkun the nice.
boat
Am I still in this or did you kick me out? :-D
dkun

boat wrote:

Am I still in this or did you kick me out? :-D
I'll be sending a staff-wide PM that's going to ask all the old staff if they still wish to work with the team.
YunoFanatic
ive decided now i will join the graphic elements.. i forgot to submit my facebook.. if needed
SPOILER
https://www.facebook.com/vince.andal.ily
ReVeNg3r
It deserves more attention than it has got.
Bweh
I'll give it a shot as well
xRayne
Applied for Editor~ <3
pixeldesu
Giving it a try as well, as osu!news writer :3
Liiraye
Applying for the position as the public jester if needed in the future.
Miyu
i applied q_q
dkun
I think I've let this sit long enough. I'll be contacting people in the coming days. Keep a tab on your inbox! :)