forum

Post your Artwork!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yumih
This is my fanart of Alluka Zoldyck (From HunterxHunter). I'm still a beginner at Digital Art, though xD

tyrael6192

uhh hi my names tyrael and this is jackass
Kei
Really like your art style. I was wondering.. which program do you use to paint?
Jazz
yay now i can finally dump my stuff here
everything that i make are traditional drawings/media and are not the usual anime stuff

SPOILER

moroccan house rendered using kurecolor markers

SPOILER

cups rendered using prang watercolors

SPOILER

a house drawn using felt tip pens

SPOILER

rendering of the same house
uing prang watercolors

SPOILER

rendering of a different house
using kurecolor markers and oil pastel for the sky

SPOILER

rendered picture of a rose using prang watercolors

SPOILER

rendered picture of a japanese scenery using prangwatercolor

SPOILER

elevations and plan of a kitchen i designed
rendered using prang watercolors
tyrael6192

Kei wrote:

Really like your art style. I was wondering.. which program do you use to paint?
^^ photoshop... hard round brush with size set to pressure

also at post above, dat is awesome
AshuraNoYami
Gonna dump my art here then... loved every single piece of art seen here, they're amazing... Wish I had more time for this nowadays...
I ain't that good but oh well... I also haven't drawn anything in over a year...

Traditional Art - My favorite Drawings

I used my comp to mirror these 2 last drawings and make them a set of eyes, instead of a single isolated one... Does that make it mixed art, or is it still traditional?

Had forgotten how many I had 0.o And I still haven't uploaded all of them T.T
Behon
I can't draw realistically worth a damn, but I enjoy drawing cartoony (And more important, non-anime) stuff. Here's some more recent ones.

creampuff

AshuraNoYami wrote:

Gonna dump my art here then... loved every single piece of art seen here, they're amazing... Wish I had more time for this nowadays...
I ain't that good but oh well... I also haven't drawn anything in over a year...

I used my comp to mirror these 2 last drawings and make them a set of eyes, instead of a single isolated one... Does that make it mixed art, or is it still traditional?

I really like the way you draw hands. I wish I could draw hands that well ;-;
AshuraNoYami

Tsusuko wrote:

AshuraNoYami wrote:

I really like the way you draw hands. I wish I could draw hands that well ;-;
Thanks, the hands you see there are actually mine, that is to say, I positioned my hand as I liked and then drew what I saw. It's not that hard, just annoying as you become limited to working with a single hand. The shadowing is the most annoying, since it can change dramatically, with a single wobble...
tyrael6192
more importantly, non-anime
i dont know about u but if i could draw perfectly in an anime style i'd be pretty damn happy

have u even seen some of the art!??!?!

i dont understand why there is this stigma against anime art and i think u should grow up

yes im butthurt
Quaraezha
Stop being so butthurt. He didn't say anime is not art nor is it not good.

Drawing in an non-anime style gives room for more realistic proportions and a better understanding of the human anatomy.

People who hastily tackle on drawing anime might overlook proper anatomy and will get used to drawing big eyes, same poses, unrealistic hair, etc.
tyrael6192
no it's nothing to do with overlooking realistic styles and studies, it's because there's a ubiquitous circlejerk among people who think themselves to be above the practice of watching such animation, and this prejudice bleeds into the art-style as a whole and it gets on my tits

god damn it

this is all the more obvious if you look at the cartoon style he's trying to achieve... logically, it should suffer the same symptoms as you described for rushing into anime art, but still it's anime art specifically that he seems to be avoiding.
AshuraNoYami

Quaraezha wrote:

Stop being so butthurt. He didn't say anime is not art nor is it not good.

Drawing in an non-anime style gives room for more realistic proportions and a better understanding of the human anatomy.

People who hastily tackle on drawing anime might overlook proper anatomy and will get used to drawing big eyes, same poses, unrealistic hair, etc.
While that proves to be true most of the time, there are those like me who use an "anime"esque style as a way to improve our own concepts and notions.
It can prove rather helpfull to try different styles, not mattering our personal position towards the style.

tyrael6192 wrote:

no it's nothing to do with overlooking realistic styles and studies, it's because there's a ubiquitous circlejerk among people who think themselves to be above the practice of watching such animation, and this prejudice bleeds into the art-style as a whole and it gets on my tits

god damn it

this is all the more obvious if you look at the cartoon style he's trying to achieve... logically, it should suffer the same symptoms as you described for rushing into anime art, but still it's anime art specifically that he seems to be avoiding.
OFF-TOPIC: Please relax and watch some anime ^^ it would do you good, as you seem to possibly have hypertension or high stress levels.

While I agree with you to some extent, he still has the right to decide the style he should use and/or like the most. As long as he doesn't criticise (not sure about the spelling) others for using an "anime"esque style, or tell them to try to demerit the anime art, he is, in no way, harming the work and effort of others.

On a side note:

tyrael6192 wrote:

it gets on my tits
I could simply not avoid laughing my ass off at such a seemingly "intimate" remark.
boat

Quaraezha wrote:

what

The container you use is completely irrelevant to anatomy and proportions. Every depiction of a human is based of real anatomy, and various styles shift and bend it, artists personalize their ways of drawing people so that they stand out. Manga and Anime work has not at all necessarily less anatomy and proportions involved, but

People frown upon manga and anime work because it's generic, it is an already existent "style", rather than developing your own. Rather than getting angry at people choosing not to draw and paint like everybody else, you should encourage it and have them build up their own style of work. Innovation is what makes a good artist, and standing out from the rest is what gets your name out. By all means, draw and paint in any category you like, but don't expect progress if you limit yourself to only practicing manga/anime.
Quaraezha
Happy Birthday, boat.
tyrael6192
certainly, i'm not saying he or anyone else has to work within the constraints of that style, and diversity is a good thing. the only thing that gets me is when people instantly write off the whole spectrum of art that you can find within that sphere. ive got no personal quarrel with anyone... more than anything just wanted to rant a bit

[ill bow out, this is pretty off topic]

@ashura its pretty informal but i wouldnt say it was intimate.. :roll:
AshuraNoYami

tyrael6192 wrote:

@ashura its pretty informal but i wouldnt say it was intimate.. :roll:
Couldn't find a way to word it better xD didn't mean anything insultous or offensive, in any way or sense.

Quaraezha wrote:

Happy Birthday, boat.

boat wrote:

Quaraezha wrote:

what

The container you use is completely irrelevant to anatomy and proportions. Every depiction of a human is based of real anatomy, and various styles shift and bend it, artists personalize their ways of drawing people so that they stand out. Manga and Anime work has not at all necessarily less anatomy and proportions involved, but

People frown upon manga and anime work because it's generic, it is an already existent "style", rather than developing your own. Rather than getting angry at people choosing not to draw and paint like everybody else, you should encourage it and have them build up their own style of work. Innovation is what makes a good artist, and standing out from the rest is what gets your name out. By all means, draw and paint in any category you like, but don't expect progress if you limit yourself to only practicing manga/anime.
I utterly agree!
tyrael6192

i tried a bigger textured brush but i wasnt getting anywhere in terms of detail so this again
feels rushed and id like to redo
boat
You're pretty decent with values, so I say keep at it and worry about rendering later.
AshuraNoYami

tyrael6192 wrote:

i tried a bigger textured brush but i wasnt getting anywhere in terms of detail so this again
feels rushed and id like to redo
Is it an OC? If not, what character did you base it on? Doesn't matter...
It simply looks stunning! I'll have to learn to do this kind of stuff some day.

Keep up the good work!
tyrael6192
i always draw from reference, don't get me wrong and think i'm actually any good conceptually

its knight artorias from dark souls
AshuraNoYami

tyrael6192 wrote:

i always draw from reference, don't get me wrong and think i'm actually any good conceptually

its knight artorias from dark souls
I don't really care whether you're good at creating or managing concepts, but you can still pull out such a technique!
Miyu

hiE wrote:

hmm, gotta post then.

well i only started drawing anime since september 2012, so im pretty novice on these things.
btw im a big fan of Redjuice >w<

Visit my dA sometime ^_^
http://nanodesu39.deviantart.com/
im jelly
Shiro
Been a while since I last drew anything, but... forgive the bad colouring

-picture removed because unacceptably ugly-
Miracle Lotus

I'm terribad
Bittersweet

Last thing I did, bored in middle of night. Kinda failed with the colored pencils, but I didnt use it for a looong time, so I'm trying to ignore this xD
Kunieda
Miyu

QQ can only draw dangos
AshuraNoYami

Miyu wrote:

QQ can only draw dangos
*nosebleeds* so cute Q.Q
Bweh
Better than me at it
Miyu

AshuraNoYami wrote:

Miyu wrote:

QQ can only draw dangos
*nosebleeds* so cute Q.Q
Q_Q dangos Ftw!

Brian OA wrote:

Better than me at it
;_; shush i wish i had your drawing skills // jelly
Hiryuu_old

Miyu wrote:

QQ can only draw dangos
Cutest dangos I've seen in a long time. o3o
Kei
Klayton from celldweller with fat arms lmao

Gonzvlo

hikari_eniza wrote:

SPOILER

elevations and plan of a kitchen i designed
rendered using prang watercolors
Awesome, good job. Do you study architecture or something like that?
Dumie

armorbreak wrote:

Pure Origami (meaning one sheet of square paper no glue no cuts just folds)

More on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tohs_origami/
mother of pure origami O.O;
tyrael6192
SPOILER

middle bit not dark enough i dont think... like under the arm
but here
boat
Tick "transfer" and choose "pen pressure" in the drop down menu for "control" in the brush preferences.

Assuming you're using potatoshop.
Jazz

Gonzvlo wrote:

yup
Gonzvlo

hikari_eniza wrote:

Gonzvlo wrote:

yup
Awesome, this is the first time I find another architecture student in osu!. This is interesting, you should share more of your stuff, I'll try to share some stuff as well o3o
Jazz
ahmaygad another arhchitecture student

we should exchange pointers some time
show more