forum

What is your mouse speed??

posted
Total Posts
show more
kriers

ampzz wrote:

I couldn't actually use a light mouse as my hand is relatively large in comparison to my tall stature so anything small or generic was both too small and lacked the required weight for anything comfortable to play with.

Went from a Logitech G5 running at 800dpi when that died I had about a month of no mouse at all until I decided to purchase my now current QPAD 5K which runs at an even lower 450dpi.

Other stats are:

Untouched Window sensitivity 6/11 or whatever it is.
MarkC mouse accel fix
1440x900 osu! windowed resolution
QPAD 5K is an extremely light weighted mouse compared to its size and you can't add extra weights to it, which is really too bad :/
Kinrinjin7
In osu, 1x.
RinMiku14
Osu: 1.3x
Normal: 1.0x
Precision Off
G0r

SuzumiyaBR wrote:

800 dpi , MAX velocity , Precision ON in Windows , 1,3 in osu , precision off in osu
http://www.microlion.com.br/mouse/mouse ... genta.html
You're doing it wrong.
SuzumiyaBR

G0r wrote:

SuzumiyaBR wrote:

800 dpi , MAX velocity , Precision ON in Windows , 1,3 in osu , precision off in osu
http://www.microlion.com.br/mouse/mouse ... genta.html
You're doing it wrong.
Why ?

Precision off in windows = mouse very fast in osu
precision on in osu = Not tested
Frizz
Actually, turning on Enhance Pointer Precision in CP will mess up your cursor movement with acceleration. I suggest you to disable it and apply MarkC Windows 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix if you're using Win7 since it is questionable if disabling precision will completely remove acceleration in Win7. I also suggest you to use 6/11 pointer speed in CP since 11/11 will cause a lot of skipping.

About precision in osu! itself, dunno what it really does but I tend to turn it off.

Anyhow, mine's Logitech G400, 800dpi, 6/11 w/ precision off in CP, 1.0 w/ precision off in osu!
Just an fyi to anyone who thought G400 had prediction, mine's newer one without prediction and its sensor is Avago 3095 instead of Avago 3080E (which the older one used and had prediction).
kriers
This mouse acceleration fix thing. Never understood it at all. Makes no difference to me, and disabling precision normally has always been enough.

Can still jolt between long distance jumps without any problems. Yes I play with win 7.

I've also played with precision on and off in game. I still can't tell the difference.
Tsukasa
Not sure about my dpi... it feels 800/1200 though

Windows setting max and 1.2 ingame
Frizz

kriers wrote:

This mouse acceleration fix thing. Never understood it at all. Makes no difference to me, and disabling precision normally has always been enough.

Can still jolt between long distance jumps without any problems. Yes I play with win 7.

I've also played with precision on and off in game. I still can't tell the difference.
You can't really feel any acceleration with a really low dpi sensitivity and it also depends on your mouse sensor afaik
kriers
Mionix Naos 5000 must be really awesome, then. 450 > all, too.
RaneFire
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/201 ... on_28.html

I used to have XP up until end of last year and I used the cheesefix because I knew I had a problem with mouse accel.
Then I installed win7, and haven't felt it necessary to use any acceleration fix at all.

The problem with the fictitious acceleration was mostly mouse-sampling errors. The article does talk mainly about enhance pointer precision, but the bottom part of the article talks about win7 default mouse movement compared to XP. There was a guy (not MarkC, but probably inspired him) who managed to also prove that windows XP uses the vertical refresh rate to calculate Y-coordinate data for the mouse... and there's why you need to pick your refresh rate for the registry fix.

Some more editing, this is like the 10th edit (why do I care so much?):

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/201 ... ilder.html

In his fix he states the fix is only needed in older games that turn on mouse pointer precision. Which means that win7 is working perfectly fine and there's some comforting info for kriers that he is indeed doing it right. :P
Xau_old
kriers is noob
natyusha
I'm surprised at all the people who pay for nice mice then max their windows sensitivity. In fact, as a long time fps player it terrifies me.

Here is a good article for those wishing to make the most of their mouse:
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538

Anyways, I have a Logitech g9x @ 2000 dpi with 6/11 windows sensitivity.

fingertip grip / no angle snapping / MarkC Acceleration fix / no precision enhance / default osu sensitivity
Frizz

masood wrote:

I'm surprised at all the people who pay for nice mice then max their windows sensitivity. In fact, as a long time fps player it terrifies me.

fingertip grip / no angle snapping / MarkC Acceleration fix / no precision enhance / default osu sensitivity
^^^^

Just gonna add something related to the article
G0r

masood wrote:

Yeah... Isn't that weird? You spent the money on a good gaming mouse, and you set your windows sensitivity above or below 6 when you are perfectly capable of adjusting DPI instead? Why do this to yourself!? The only explanation is that these people do not research how mouse settings work, and so they think that it is all automatic and doesn't need to be tuned in any one way. It is the kind of attitude people give to tools when they don't understand the art that the tool applies to.
zerod
3500DPI max in window and X1.5 in osu
Onozu
400 DPI, 1.0x sensitivity, Precision off in both window and osu
ivaz
810dpi, 1.0 in osu! and 6/11 windows. No acceleration.
Using claw grip
Winshley
Now I have a new mouse: Logitech G100.

Windows: 6/11 with Precision off
osu!: 0.7~0.8×, depending on screen resolution.
Mouse DPI: Often 1,000dpi, but thanks to the on-the-fly sensitivity switch, I may use 2,500dpi on spinners (which is the main reason I bought this mouse, since I can spin at constant speed when spinning wide)
TakuMii
New mouse: Roccat Savu
400dpi
6/11, mouse precision on (modified with MarkC Acceleration fix)
osu!: 1.0x

This mouse has the best sensor of any mouse I've ever used (no acceleration even at >3m/s, or >4m/s if set to 800dpi). I was thinking of switching to 800dpi just for the higher speedcap, but I've only ever reached speeds higher than 1 m/s in osu! when I'm spinning.
Arnold0
What's the problem with windows being at other settings than 6/11 ?
I'm using a mouse with changeable DPI's, I use it at 2100 DPI but windows at 3/11 :o (Acceleration ticked off but never applyed any fixes)
(If someone can explain me the benefit for using 6/11 instead of 3/11 I would like to know the exact DPI I must use with 6/11 for having the same feel as now)
Full Tablet

Arnold0 wrote:

What's the problem with windows being at other settings than 6/11 ?
I'm using a mouse with changeable DPI's, I use it at 2100 DPI but windows at 3/11 :o (Acceleration ticked off but never applyed any fixes)
(If someone can explain me the benefit for using 6/11 instead of 3/11 I would like to know the exact DPI I must use with 6/11 for having the same feel as now)
Use 2100/4= 525dpi with 6/11 sensitivity.
The difference is that with 3/11 windows ignores 3/4 of the point movements detected by your mouse to move the cursor in the screen.

In the end, there should not be any difference, but can try it anyways.
5/11, 7/11, 9/11 and 11/11 are the windows setting you should never use, because they have uneven pixel/point ratio.
Also anything above 6/11 inherently loses accuracy (the cursor skips pixels in the screen).
Purple
I use non 6/11 as well. Is the precision loss substantial or are we talking about just a 3/4 chance of being off by 1 pixel?
Full Tablet

Purple wrote:

I use non 6/11 as well. Is the precision loss substantial or are we talking about just a 3/4 chance of being off by 1 pixel?
With 5/11, 7/11, 9/11 and 11/11. You have a 50% chance of being off by 1 pixel + there may be pixel skipping.
Anything above 6/11 skips pixels.
1/11, 2/11, 3/11, 4/11 and 6/11 are good settings.

If windows used floating point numbers for cursor position (so the cursor can be in-between 2 pixels), 1/11 and very high dpi would be the best.
Icyteru
I use 8/11, and you haven't mentioned anything about that
TakuMii

[AirCoN] wrote:

8/11 skips every second pixel, but otherwise is fine. If your mouse has adjustable DPI it would benefit your accuracy if you went 6/11 and used double of what you have now.

@Full Tablet: Windows doesn't use floating point for cursor position AFAIK... It would be more beneficial to find the DPI that your mouse tracks best at (which is usually not the max DPI) and use that in combination with a good, comfortable setting at 6/11 or below (excluding 5/11 due to uneven-ness) instead of using an inaccurate setting to pointlessly drop pixels.
Lelion
7000 dpi Razer Taipan, 3/11 windows, 1.0x osu
tonyxc600
1.4 and rising...
LoGo
9/11 windows, 1.0 osu, 400dpi, no acceleration
Kanye West

Should say 270 dpi, overlap annoying gg

Obviously no accel.
she_old
Kanye West wrote:
DO YOU EVEN LIFT?

450 dpi here
TRIYP
mouse: microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0
400 dpi
osu: 1.0
windows: 6/11
MarkC accel fix
osu res: 1024x768
Qplayer
1000 dpi, 1.0x default windows sens, some casual Microsoft Mouse. The sens is so ingrained in my muscle memory that I never felt the need to change it.
Lelion
I just don't get how people can play with dpi as low as 450. You get so much faster tired in your hand, and you have to move your hand like 20 cms just to get to the other side of the screen. I use 1700 dpi now(changed up to 6/11 windows speed) and I really can not see my self ever using anything lower.
TakuMii

Lelion wrote:

I just don't get how people can play with dpi as low as 450. You get so much faster tired in your hand, and you have to move your hand like 20 cms just to get to the other side of the screen. I use 1700 dpi now(changed up to 6/11 windows speed) and I really can not see my self ever using anything lower.
Pretty sure a 400dpi mouse takes 6.5cm to move across a 1024x768 screen, but that's besides the point. I guess it's something you get used to, it's actually not as tiring as people seem to think.

There are a lot of pro FPS players that use what a lot of non-competitive people like to consider "low sensitivity" when in reality it's just the non-pros using a high sensitivity. The Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0 was and still is one of the most popular mice among pro Counter-Strike players and weighs just as much as your Razer Taipan, and many of the pro players use a sensitivity that requires >30cm of movement for a 360-turn.
Icyteru

YayMii wrote:

[AirCoN] wrote:

8/11 skips every second pixel, but otherwise is fine. If your mouse has adjustable DPI it would benefit your accuracy if you went 6/11 and used double of what you have now.

@Full Tablet: Windows doesn't use floating point for cursor position AFAIK... It would be more beneficial to find the DPI that your mouse tracks best at (which is usually not the max DPI) and use that in combination with a good, comfortable setting at 6/11 or below (excluding 5/11 due to uneven-ness) instead of using an inaccurate setting to pointlessly drop pixels.
Thanks for that info. My mouse is a cheap one I got for $5, so it doesn't have adjustable DPI. However, skipping every second pixel doesn't seem like that big of a deal, seeing how hitcircles would always be larger than 1 pixel, and the only problem that can arise is missing the edge of a circle.
Futurola
Intelli 3.0, 400 dpi, 1.1 osu, 6/11 windows.
[toruko-san]
1000 dpi
x6
raw input: on
resolution: 1920*768
oh!windows speed:FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Give Up
YatherGamms
Mouse : SteelSeries Rival 3
DPI : 1600
sensitivity : x1,00
windows sensitivity : 6/11