forum

Ponies

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Oh lookie, another Vocaloid song ponified

And yes, that's Fluttershy's voice along with other audio from the show.
jjrocks

This is just <3

Anyway, the character design for the characters are....eh. I feel like they could have done a lot more
NaomiMinette

jjrocks wrote:

-snip-
This is just <3

Anyway, the character design for the characters are....eh. I feel like they could have done a lot more
I lol'd/died... like... so many times.
Quaraezha
I'm making large progress with ztrot's Twilight Sparkle Skin.
If successful, I should be able to finish it tonight. (or tomorrow for a few of you)
NaomiMinette
Just a question about the count3s, count2s, count1s, gos files: will they be changed? (The "3, 2, 1" sounds really low-quality, though I guess I can see "GO!" being kept since I can't really recall Twilight saying "go" in the show.)
Quaraezha
That'll be up to ztrot. I can probably improve the count down images though.
NaomiMinette
I don't think there's anything wrong with the images, but if they're gonna be changed that's fine, too.
Quaraezha
Then I'll leave them as it is. Almost done with the skin, but still a lot to do. Not sure if I can actually finish it by tonight.
NaomiMinette

Quaraezha wrote:

Then I'll leave them as it is. Almost done with the skin, but still a lot to do. Not sure if I can actually finish it by tonight.
Just take your time :)
ztrot
well they are flutters from osu! see twilight doesn't really say 3 2 1 at all, so I need a voice actor with a higher quality mic or I need to try to make them a bit better. Anyone is free to try for me.
NaomiMinette
I remember Rainbow Dash yelling out 3, 2, 1 in the show, if that helps.

In other news: MLP Monopoly, whoo!
awp

ztrot wrote:

well they are flutters from osu! see twilight doesn't really say 3 2 1 at all, so I need a voice actor with a higher quality mic or I need to try to make them a bit better. Anyone is free to try for me.
I have a pretty high-quality mic/recording setup, maybe I can be Countdown Twilight for you
Quaraezha

awp wrote:

I have a pretty high-quality mic/recording setup, maybe I can be Countdown Twilight for you
Does this mean we'll be making a Twilawp version of the skin? The beardiest of beards.
awp

Quaraezha wrote:

awp wrote:

Does this mean we'll be making a Twilawp version of the skin? The beardiest of beards.
more like Starswirl
Quaraezha
Not Bearded enough.

Kyonko Hizara

Quaraezha wrote:

Not Bearded enough.

Quara knows I have a thing for beards :U
VIDgamefrk9
I don't get bronies or any of this pony business. this is just a bit much for me, I am sorry if I have offended someone here
theowest

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

I don't get bronies or any of this pony business. this is just a bit much for me, I am sorry if I have offended someone here
So why did you even post that here. :v
GladiOol

theowest wrote:

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

So why did you even post that here. :v
because normal people are still trying to figure out why people would watch ponies.
Jordan

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

Gosh, I agree...
Bweh
I just figured it's a phase
NaomiMinette
We like what we like. There's no need to get why we like MLP (though if you do start watching it, I hope it's out of curiosity instead of someone forcing you to watch it).
GladiOol
Such inspirational words, they need to remembered forever...

awp

GladiOol wrote:

because normal people are still trying to figure out why people would watch ponies.
the thing is, everyone is weird, and it takes some people longer to realize that than others
xRayne

GladiOol wrote:

Such inspirational words, they need to remembered forever...

All my love.

Blazevoir wrote:

In other news: MLP Monopoly, whoo!
We know Rarity would just ninja the money and make more dresses...
VIDgamefrk9

Blazevoir wrote:

We like what we like. There's no need to get why we like MLP (though if you do start watching it, I hope it's out of curiosity instead of someone forcing you to watch it).
Not trying to be rude here, but from what I heard, people who don't have friends watch that because it helps them feel like they have friends, particularly autistic people, such as me. I am not hating on autistic people, because I actually still have some trouble making genuine friends outside of work. But seriously I think grown men watching that is completely absurd.
Ekaru

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Not trying to be rude here, but from what I heard, people who don't have friends watch that because it helps them feel like they have friends, particularly autistic people, such as me. I am not hating on autistic people, because I actually still have some trouble making genuine friends outside of work. But seriously I think grown men watching that is completely absurd.
...I have friends. Fuck off.

I watch ponies because I think the show is good. You may disagree. That is fine. However, there's a difference between expressing curiosity/wondering why people would watch this show and being an asshole, and what you just said is firmly in the "being an asshole" category.
GladiOol

awp wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

the thing is, everyone is weird, and it takes some people longer to realize that than others
well duh, everybody has their weird ticks and what not. but that's not what I care about. i'm just curious as to why a grown man would watch a show for little girls.
silmarilen
i find it (MLP) funny

problem?
Kanye West

silmarilen wrote:

i find it (MLP) funny

problem?
yeah i have a problem

fite me irl
awp

GladiOol wrote:

awp wrote:

well duh, everybody has their weird ticks and what not. but that's not what I care about. i'm just curious as to why a grown man would watch a show for little girls.
but that question could be applied directly to anything else

Touhou: I wonder why grown men enjoy playing games about little girls in granny hats

Furries: I wonder why people dress up in fursuits and pretend they're animals, some taking it to a sexual level (circle the wagons back to MLP, heyoooooo)

Pokemon: Why do grown men and women like a franchise intended as a commercial vehicle to soak every last cent off of impressionable children

because everyone is weird and we all enjoy different things

A child is someone who is told what to enjoy

An adult is someone who decides for him/herself what to enjoy.

If anyone here chose not to enjoy (or to stop enjoying) something because someone else told them to, that someone would be a pussy. idk about anyone else, but I'm no pussy.

Ekaru wrote:

VIDgamefrk9 wrote:

...I have friends. Fuck off.
by taking offense to that you're observing an unstated fallacy.

He didn't say that only people who don't have friends watch it. It's not a mutually exclusive observation.

It's all in your head
Ekaru

awp wrote:

by taking offense to that you're observing an unstated fallacy.

He didn't say that only people who don't have friends watch it. It's not a mutually exclusive observation.

It's all in your head
...Oops.
Quaraezha
I guess the issue here is why some weird people weirder than others.
ztrot
Oh well it isn't going anywhere anytime soon and when the jap dub drops you are gonna have japan bronys everywhere :D
GladiOol
awp, again, no shit sherlock.

just because we ''all enjoy different things'', doesn't mean you don't have to explain yourself for it. if i go around running naked through the streets while screaming: ''i love baked eggs and slapping fat women'' then it's really common sense that a person would come up to me and say: ''dude, the fuck.''

im not saying watching mlp is equivalent to my lovely example here, but im hoping, really hoping, you do understand a confusion stirring up when one watches a show for little girls and becomes entirely hyped about it. and im just wondering why. saying everybody is weird in their own way is true, but that's simply avoiding the question.

and no, answering it with ''we like what we like, we don't know why, we just do'' is again avoiding the question. i can explain why i like certain series as well, say Game of Thrones for example, so im kinda guessing you are capable of doing the same.
Shiro

GladiOol wrote:

becomes entirely hyped about it
This is what needs to be answered, not "why do you like this show". Not all tastes can be explained, and even if they could, they are subjective, so the person who's being explained is probably going to disagree with one or more points and thus not understand despite the clear explanation.

it's my first post in this thread, amen
NaomiMinette
A lot of us like the show because of the characters. Another reason is because a lot of the episodes (yes, I'll admit some are just meh or just fillers, so to speak) actually tell a lesson we can all learn from. As to why it's so hyped up, I have no idea.
GladiOol

Shiro wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

becomes entirely hyped about it
This is what needs to be answered, not "why do you like this show". Not all tastes can be explained, and even if they could, they are subjective, so the person who's being explained is probably going to disagree with one or more points and thus not understand despite the clear explanation.

it's my first post in this thread, amen
well naturally taste is subjective, however every show can be looked upon with an objective view as well. i haven't watched the show so i am incapable of doing so, however these people are. and that's also what im kind of looking for. why is this show so ''good'' apparently for all these people to watch it.

and why the hell would i disagree on taste, that's pretty fucking retarded.
jjrocks

While I was browsing r/mylittlepony I see this.
What.
What.
Quaraezha
Hey guys, did you hear about the latest season?

I can't wait for this new pony named Discord!

show more