forum

#userlog errors [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Source is shown when announcing you got rank x on map y

You get highlighted in #userlog. i really don't think you should ever need to be highlighted in #userlog

solved
-> #userlog counts playing and spectating as the same thing.
its now even worse
I've been informed that this is fixed, but I might try have another check at some point soon

-> shouldn't this be osu!
-> should be osu!mania not OsuMania
Both have been fixed

replaced with

fixed. is now spelt correctly

fixed and changed to
woc2006
Because I fixed then release it
Topic Starter
deadbeat
ah. ok then. guess i'll mark this as resolved(?)
also can this get added to the changelog at some point since its been added to the public build?
Melt3dCheeze
Also you have to fix the spelling error though with "achieved"
Topic Starter
deadbeat

i'm going to unresolve this since there appear to be a few things that need fixing ;w;
theowest
I think we should be able to translate these in the localisation project t/104342
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... nVHc#gid=0

also confirmed

It can get quite spammy if you have a lot of spectators, something should be done about this.

when you type something, banchobot will message you this:
which is kinda strange.

You can even link it in a public channel and open it for a brief second.
MillhioreF

theowest wrote:

when you type something, banchobot will message you this:

which is kinda strange.
This happens in #highlight too. Considering they're not real channels at all, I think this is intended.
Oinari-sama

theowest wrote:

Just curious, does it show 1 entry for every song you played/retried? Or is it triggered only when someone starts spectating? Does it still show if you unchecked Show Spectators?

That is great for someone who disables Show Spectators while playing, but it could get spammy depending on the situation.

This also needs a space after the #7 etc. I'm just waiting to see if the texts will wrap properly when the "Artist - Song name [Difficulty][Mode]" exceed a certain length lol
theowest
I didn't even play anything. He were just spectating me several times.
MillhioreF
#userlog also counts spectated maps as plays. I've been notified that I played 200 and 250 times today, even though half of those were from spectating (and I was spectating when I "achieved" them, too)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i kinda mentioned that. but i guess it looks like bad. i'll redo that part
Oinari-sama
Would be neat if it says "You stalked 250 times today" instead...
Melt3dCheeze

Oinari-sama wrote:

Not only that but I think it would make it more sense with "Mulitplayer" or change the wording to make people more happy! :lol:
E.G - "You've achieved #1 (1/8) in Multiplayer, [Beatmap song, difficulty]" or something along the lines of that.
Aka
just a few minutes ago i was spectated by Wolfjkeee and then by gavnono on several occasions, so ↓

as you see there are no notifications about gavnono's spectating.. he did it 4 or more times but i don't see any words about it in #userlog :?

lol

edit: but this happen just once o3o
Kitokofox
I also might want to add, it's only giving one line for anything. If you're in a multiplayer and get a good rank on the map as well as finish in multiplayer, it shows only your rank in multiplayer and not your map rank.
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

-> needs a space
It doesn't just need a space, "starts" is in the wrong tense. "starts" is present tense but you are currently being watched by deadbeat so it is incorrect.

It should be "started", which is the past participle form of "starts", because he is currently watching you now. However, because you're currently still being watched you must use the auxillary verb "has" to show he is still watching you, which would make "started" the main verb.

The correct sentence would be: "deadbeat has started watching you."

Sorry for being such a grammar nazi but it bugs me when something is used incorrectly... :(
Topic Starter
deadbeat

that seems fine now
TheVileOne
Incorrect Kuro. Starts is present tense. Start is future tense. Started is past tense.
MillhioreF
Can we mark this one resolved? woc cleaned up the English in #userlog and I haven't seen any issues with it (though I haven't triggered every message either)
Oinari-sama
There are still some items to be confirmed according to the OP.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
OP updated. Spectating still counts as a playcount in the userlog. also when you get the 50 playcount from spectating, it'll keep appearing each time a new map is played or restared.

EDIT: after playing 1 map, i then got the "You've played 50 times today." message
Kuro

TheVileOne wrote:

Incorrect Kuro. Starts is present tense. Start is future tense. Started is past tense.
After realizing my mistake, I came back to edit my post but it seems TVO noticed it too quickly. I was hoping to fix it without drawing attention. :P
theowest
#userlog doesn't care if you're playing ranked maps or not. It just counts any play.
There's just so much else you should be able to specify, so I made a feature request: t/117468
Saten

Why is it showing the Source?
It just make the line hell long
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i also like how it highlighted you :p
Garven
When it highlighted me, I got this:
Topic Starter
deadbeat
thanks Garven and Saten. I've updated the OP to add both those issues. however since i don't have access to puush atm, i couldn't add a smaller screenshot of the source being shown sorry
theowest
#userlog: You achieved #7 on Parry Gripp - Boogie Boogie Hedgehog [Hard] [Osu]

I think it should say this instead:

#userlog: osu! - You achieved #7 on Parry Gripp - Boogie Boogie Hedgehog [Hard]
Topic Starter
deadbeat
[woc2006] Disable userlog for spectators now.
i wonder if this is a short term fix for spectating counting as plays?
TheVileOne
Shouldn't the gamemode show after which difficulty you played?
Melt3dCheeze

Gotta fix this up.... I was just spectating my friend,
Topic Starter
deadbeat
that image just pretty much confirmed about 3 issues that are still present
peppy
Pretty sure this is all fixed on test build. Please go test :).
Topic Starter
deadbeat

couldn't check the spectating bug yet since there wasn't really anyone around :(
but the highlighting issue still exists, as does showing the source
show more