forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
KRZY
Thanks to the staff/commentators for making this happen. We had disagreements but you nevertheless put in so much time for us. I appreciate it.

Thanks also to peppy for the game and the prizes.
Reisen Udongein
I do honor to all of the players , the staffs , the commentators and the spectators!

THANK YOU FOR...PLAYING!
Raging Bull
What's with the avatars though? Korean owc mascot?
Vendemmia
GG
Oinari-sama

Raging Bull wrote:

Team Korea uniform
Reisen Udongein

Raging Bull wrote:

yeah!!
primrose
Congrats korea!! :D
i used korea owc mascot for avatar because its too cute, is it ok? lol
Topic Starter
Loctav
Netherlands loses by default since they failed to gather 4 players in time.
Congratulations to Taiwan to 3rd place.
silmarilen
\:D/
best owc
thanks for letting us play
Synchrostar

silmarilen wrote:

\:D/
best owc
thanks for letting us play
Oinari-sama
Why cancel the match? The stream was already up and you guys could've played an exhibition match for fun. Unless the players feel that it's a drag to play then it'll be another story.
Flanster
That was all folks!

1st Place: Korea
2nd Place: Japan
3rd Place: Taiwan

Congratulations to all the teams.
silmarilen
the players are the ones that want to play, the admins are the ones that canceled it.
Topic Starter
Loctav
The stream was for the purpose on streaming the actual matches. Not for showoff games.
Oinari-sama
People turn up for the stream and they expect to have something to watch. I'm not sure about the match being a "show off" but as a dedicated spectator I'm feeling disappointed and betrayed not having anything to watch at the scheduled time.

While I'm aware that there's cost issue associated with streaming, the tournament organisers also have to take the effort from the audience into consideration. People turning up to spectate/support the players and now they're left hanging dry and feeling betrayed. Just check out the streaming site and see for yourself how many people are still hanging around exchanging chats. The administration may for whatever administrative reason cancel a match, but the audience must be catered for or they'll lose trust in the organisers.

Oh well, at least it's over. You may not have to worry about it for another year but this will leave a bitter taste in some audiences' mouth for sure.
kriers

silmarilen wrote:

the players are the ones that want to play, the admins are the ones that canceled it.
Where were your 4th player, then? Don't blame it on staff. You all knew this would happen if not enough players showed up.
+ the date was already postponed by a day, so why would it be postponed further.

Lastly, thanks to all the players for their fantastic display in this tournament. I really enjoyed commentating a few of these matches and I hope I made any sense!
Vish024
Feh, congrats to Korea, Japan and Taiwan and thanks to all the teams that participated. Been a great party this tournament.
JappyBabes

kriers wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Where were your 4th player, then? Don't blame it on staff. You all knew this would happen if not enough players showed up.
+ the date was already postponed by a day, so why would it be postponed further.

Lastly, thanks to all the players for their fantastic display in this tournament. I really enjoyed commentating a few of these matches and I hope I made any sense!
to be fair they had players being banned left and right. and yes kriers, your commentary was astounding.
http://www.twitch.tv/oxob9 http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5837011
Makar
Streaming doesn't cost us money. As Loctav said, we only stream official matches. That is, only matches that affect the results of this tournament.
Their fake match may of been something everybody wanted to watch, but nothing like that will be put on the OWC twitch channel.
There was no 4th player and so that is why there was an auto-win for Taiwan.
jesse1412
gg TW http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5837011 never forget NL team.
Henkie
Gee, we ended up as 3v4 against Taiwan AGAIN, just like OWC#1 finales, those good old times. We would have had 4 players if the match was an hour later, which was asked several times by laport and agreed upon by Taiwan, but nope, owc board is like "screw your s***" :3
So the multiplayer scores jesus up here posted, is all when Taiwan already won, for those who don't know yet.
Grats to Taiwan nonetheless (and Korea ofc), Rucker the best <3

/EndRant

Present for Loctav: http://puu.sh/1Q7Vy
Not made by me, but I figured you'd like it, seeing as it perfectly fits you~ (inb4permaban cuz "disrespectful", power abuse fakyeah)
laport
I don't like how there's 0 negotiating about match time and having to F5 some google doc page every day in order to be in time to negotiate about the impossible time and then when I do I hear it's been up for 2 days you are too late. Please change this next time by asking the captains for available times ahead of scheduling a match! And in case you guys did do this I never experienced anything of this. the match against japan I received the google doc page too late so I was told I couldn't negotiate time because the schedule has been up for so long.
For the match against taiwan I agreed with rucker on next week but the organisation didn't and that's why there was no good match of NL - TW.
I thought it's about when the players can play, not when it's most convenient for the organization but in this tournament that's exactly what's going on is my personal impression.

I know a match for 3rd place is not the most important one and I don't care about the outcome but all I wanted is for both of our teams or what's left of it in our case to have the best match possible.
Henkie

laport wrote:

I thought it's about when the players can play, not when it's most convenient for the organization but in this tournament that's exactly what's going on is my personal impression.
Exactly this indeed. Seeing as how the previous OWCs went I'm gonna take a guess that no organizer sees OWCs as something "fun", but actions like that must've really taken the most fun out of it all (besides banning half a team because most of you are nitwits).
Topic Starter
Loctav
This is leading to nowhere.

Congratulations to all winners of this tournament.
Ephemeral
i'd just like to take a moment to say that regardless of any issues that may have cropped up during the process of running and managing such a large and prevalent tournament with so many people involved in it, i think the owc team did as best they possibly could given what they had to work with.

and I also think that the way some of the owc players have been treating the staff therein is absolutely disgusting and utterly shameful. when an event is run for your benefit, be grateful for it - the amount of self-entitlement throughout this whole tournament has been astonishing to watch. problems arise when running an event of this size on volunteer staff across 10+ timezones, and treating another person or group of people like shit because they are having trouble managing the biggest community tournament event we have is disgusting, and you should feel bad.

i trust that this is only a vocal minority of the owc players that I have mentioned and I'd like to thank the rest for their patience and presence in this year's owc, and I look forward to the next owc being even bigger and better with hopefully less entitlement running around.