forum

Extend the local ranking [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +15
Topic Starter
theowest
SPOILER
It's local. Why can't it be more than just 6?

I constantly look at old plays and compare them to new ones. You gotta hate it when you can't view more than your 6 plays. They can be played with different mods, I want to see my double time plays further back. But I can't, since I'm stuck with just 6.

All replays are there, but you can't touch them or anything.

With this I think clear local scores should be removed.

added, thanks peppy!

AndreasHD
I agree!
This should really be considered, as it is pretty frustrating sometimes.
Why not just make it 40 ? :P
Topic Starter
theowest

AndreasHD wrote:

I agree!
This should really be considered, as it is pretty frustrating sometimes.
Why not just make it 40 ? :P
yeah, sure. Since there's 40 online ranks. Make it fair and square.
MillhioreF
support! at least up to 12, only that many are saved so few changes are required ^^
Topic Starter
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

support! at least up to 12, only that many are saved so few changes are required ^^
but since it's local it could be unlimited. I LOVE IT when I find an old replay I haven't seen for years. Just to see how I played. However replays aren't saved unless you get a rank within 40 and keep it.
Mithos
The only problem I could see with this is countered by the fact that every replay is saved into YOUR folder anyways, unless you get a new record. It's still only one online replay per beatmap per player, no matter if someone has 1 extra replay or 30 GB worth of extra replays on their file. I don't mind 40 because it is already integrated with the top 40 rankings, but I don't see a problem with infinite replays.
Topic Starter
theowest

Mithost wrote:

The only problem I could see with this is countered by the fact that every replay is saved into YOUR folder anyways, unless you get a new record. It's still only one online replay per beatmap per player, no matter if someone has 1 extra replay or 30 GB worth of extra replays on their file. I don't mind 40 because it is already integrated with the top 40 rankings, but I don't see a problem with infinite replays.
Infinite because you can.

oh and with so many pages, it would be easier if it just was using a scrollbar: t/79320

but yeah. 40 is probably enough, even though an infinite amount is possible.
Mithos
40 is enough for mod/nomod scores plus a few old ones you've done. Infinite could get messy but meh. Perhaps a graph on scores you had, and week it posts your best score as a local replay? :o

Just throwing ideas at the screen. I'm sleep deprived and allergenic to the seasons so disregard anything that sounds stupid
Topic Starter
theowest
nah. 40 is enough
no graph mumbo jumbo, however that would be cool. but it's too complicated
but something like this then?
green = best, red = worst black = average
peppy
I don't see much of a point in allowing more than six, personally. There is no technical reason that it couldn't be increased, but I think it will be useful for about three people. (and just take up more disk space for the rest)
Topic Starter
theowest
Any professional player would surely want this and it's not like it would take up much disk space. A replay is roughly about 50 kb and you can always check the box if you want your replay saved, right?

What's bothering me most is that I have all these replays, but I can't watch the ones I want to watch. It's sorted by points and more interesting replays may have lower scores.

We can't be the only ones watching over our local replays. For me it acts like a way knowing how I've improved over time. I look at the date and compare my replays. I'm basically competing with myself on many specific maps, just to see how I can improve.
Sakura
You can exprot replays as .osr if you really want to save them as a memento.
YodaSnipe
I agree about having lower scores may have a much nicer replay. I also think having a longer list might be nice. However, if it's just for the replays isn't there an option in the ranking screen after map completion to save all replays as .osr? Maybe that's what Sakura said, not sure lol
Topic Starter
theowest
tbh I don't want to watch the replay. I use it as a way of checking my improvement. That improvement may in many cases be beyond just 6 replays.
Topic Starter
theowest
I'd seriously pay to let this happen.
Azure_Kite
As would I~
Topic Starter
theowest
I don't see how this feature would hurt.

:(
Mitsuhide
+support for at least 12 local ranking slots.

This would also remove the confusion I sometimes get if all my plays from #1-#6 were without mods, and then I score a bad play with mods (mostly Nightcore+NoFail), which causes the rank of the play with the mods to show in the song selection which is mostly a D (since the song selection always shows the best play with mods, before I knew this, I didn't know if my plays even counted):
Topic Starter
theowest
That's how most of us would use it.
[BlinK]
Support!
Mitsuhide
Yay ^^

Thanks, peppy :)
Topic Starter
theowest
Added! or more specifically.. fixed!

Thank you peppy!
Stefan
Is it wrong that the Local Ranking disappears after some days?
Because after a Time when I played a Map again, I have no local Scores here. :c
Topic Starter
theowest

Stefan wrote:

Is it wrong that the Local Ranking disappears after some days?
Because after a Time when I played a Map again, I have no local Scores here. :c
Yeah, that's an issue. I mentioned it somewhere in a thread I can't seem to find.
deadbeat
t/99487 same as that?
Topic Starter
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99487 same as that?
oh yeah. there it is! I thought it didn't even exist.