forum

pp?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Myke B
Hello everyone. I logged into osu! today to find my rank shot up 5k (28k - 33k) and I noticed that there is a thing called PP on my profile thing (which I figured out to be performance points). I googled and found the wiki and read kinda about what it is, but I have a few more questions. Why did this make my rank go up? I also noticed that it made my accuracy go up almost 3%. It doesn't seem to change when I do better on a song, why is that? is it because it only updates every 30 minutes? My PP is 2,367, is that decent? I don't know what's good because I have nothing from previous to compare it with. Thanks for the time. Also, I couldn't imagine where else this question would go, so sorry if it's in the wrong spot.
Sakura
pp is based off overall ability in comparison to other players, if you haven't farmed ranked score, and have focused mostly on improving ranks, then it's natural that your pp rank is higher. PP rank gets updated every 30 minutes, and even if you do better in a song as long as ur below rank 500 it doesnt count.

Also this should go into Gameplay & Rankings so i'll move this there.
Topic Starter
Myke B
so does score still increase rank now and it's just harder? or how does that work and why did it increase my accuracy by 3%?
nrii_old
new accuracy is weighted toward scores that give higher pp iirc, meaning you will gain less accuracy for a high acc score on an easy map with no mods that grants little/no pp than you would for a lower acc but harder song granting more pp edit: that or its only more recent songs

ranked score still functions just isnt used to determine your ingame rank anymore, pp goes up by setting good scores, not by just setting any score
G0r
Your PP goes up when you rank higher than 500 on a song. It goes up based on a mysterious system that probably involves magic somehow, so there's little that can be said with certainty about it. However, if you beat other skilled players with your ranking, then you should get more PP. The new accuracy is based on PP now too, so it only changes when you score above 500 on a song. If your actual ranked score suddenly shot up by 5000, then I have no explanation for this.
Topic Starter
Myke B
okay, thank you very much for the help.
Mithos
The logic behind it is that # of different maps played shouldn't mean you are higher in skill. It's a fair system. It's different, but fair.
Topic Starter
Myke B
so.. one more thing. How is a new player going to get ranked if he/she can't get a rank 500 or less on a song, do they just say rank 0 until they get good enough to rank 500 or less on a song?
Sey
If your score is less than a Top 500 score it will not be considered. (Read the wiki entry if necessary)
KoMo
Wait it mean if i play only 1 star song and do SS rank i can become the best in the world?
Liut

seb1992909 wrote:

Wait it mean if i play only 1 star song and do SS rank i can become the best in the world?
yeah
Tsukimi Luna

seb1992909 wrote:

what no
Harder maps have weightage
Frizz
Oh, it's this thread again.
lolcubes
To keep things in order and clean, please use the other performance points thread.