posted
Total Posts
show more
bagnz0r
Lol @ all these clean desktops. Learn how to keep your mess on, damn it. :V
boat

bagnz0r wrote:

I'm sorry for being bad at it, but living like a bum is quite hard for me to achieve.
bagnz0r

failboat wrote:

bagnz0r wrote:

I'm sorry for being bad at it, but living like a bum is quite hard for me to achieve.
You can become my trainee. Then you will learn all the ancient secrets to being a lazy bum.
IppE

bagnz0r wrote:

I like the contrast between my room and my desktop.

You don't want to see the rest of my room.
Rena-chan
boat

bagnz0r wrote:

You can become my trainee. Then you will learn all the ancient secrets to being a lazy bum.
Or I'll just refrain from being disgusting.

Yeah, I'll do that.
Rokodo

Welp, this is what I have until my replacement desktop PSU arrives.
mathexpert
@Rokodo, I really love your BG!! can you post it, thx ^^
Rokodo
Warning: The following instructions will yield NSFW images.

Just go to konachan.com and use these tags:
flandre_scarlet width:1920 height:1200

You will find it soon enough.
Kitsunemimi

Rokodo wrote:

Or, you could've just pm'd it to him.
Corin

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Rokodo wrote:

Or, you could've just pm'd it to him.
Yeah but that bring the risk factor down and nobody wants a boring thing like that :<
anongos
A new year, a new desktop arrangment:
Everything is a lot more centralized now, except for my tablet. I still have no idea where to put that damn thing.
EDIT:Maybe I should spoilerbox these pictures.
laport

JZavala wrote:

this would be my nerd cave. cleaned up a little to take a bunch of photos. pain in the but as i cant get far enough away to get a good shot without having too many dark spots. that and the image is huge like this even in jpeg. 5.9mb....

two rifles were sitting behind me. still gotta clean my 91/30 mosin and savage 10fp.

monitor is one of the haans-g 28"
your trash-bin is magical
Ludwikia VK
It's hard to get all of this crap into focus, but that's not a big deal.

The cans are Grado SR-80i and Sennheiser PC360.

Rokodo
Repaired AZUSA, replaced the kaput 1000w 80% efficient non-modular PSU with a 1200w 90% modular one.
Japanese made capacitors, we love you.

IppE

Rokodo wrote:

Repaired AZUSA, replaced the kaput 1000w 80% efficient non-modular PSU with a 1200w 90% modular one.
CM Silent Pro?
tUUTZAJA

lmao
Max

Rokodo wrote:

Never Bothered to put those Corsair Dominator gt ram cooler on and then i got a Noctua NH-D14 so never had a chance to try them out :D Do they bring any noticeable cooling at all?
What gfx's are you using in SLI?
dkun
sry am no enthusiast
boat

Max wrote:

Never Bothered to put those Corsair Dominator gt ram cooler on and then i got a Noctua NH-D14 so never had a chance to try them out :D Do they bring any noticeable cooling at all?
RAM coolers are completely useless. You most likely wont even need heatspreaders even.
Rokodo

IppE wrote:

CM Silent Pro?
CM Silent Pro Gold 1200w.

failboat wrote:

Max wrote:

RAM coolers are completely useless. You most likely wont even need heatspreaders even.
1. No idea since I've never had them off but I'm with failboat on this one. My logic = if they come with it for free, use it.
2. GPUs are 2*HD 6970 2GB in crossfire.
IppE
RAM cooling is pretty pointless unless you're overclocking them.
Rokodo
Mmmhm. These are only running at 1200MHz, their rating is 2000MHz. I wanted maximum stability so went for a much higher rating than I actually needed (upgrading from a crappy 6GB OEM kit). And the RAM DIMMs I currently have installed are partially red, which is my favourite colour.
Ephemeral
from what I know overclocking your RAM would put more stress on the northbridge rather than the actual RAM chips themselves
techz59
Max
My new Samsung S27A950D Has Arrived today :) i was using a 42'' full hd lcd tv and it was great for games and movies but for the type of work i do its just too big D: So i went with a smaller solution.

For the intrested people here is my full and detailed specs.
PC SPECS & GEAR
-Antec 1200 Full tower Case
-Intel Core i7 930 2.88Ghz @ 4,0Ghz 1,23 Vcore (38c idle//75c on Load)
-Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
-Asus Rampage iii Extreme LGA 1366 Motherboard
-2x MSI GTX 560 TI HAWK in SLI @ Stock speeds (950 Core 4200 memory) 33c & 31c idle 75c~ on load
-Corsair Dominator GT 3x2GB 1600Mhz 7-7-7-20 (stock)
-OCZ Agility SSD 60GB & Samsung 500GB 6400 rpm HDD for storage

-Razer DeathAdder Black Eddition Mice
-Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet
-Steelseries g6v2 Mechanical keyboard (Black switches)
-Logitech Z 5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker setup

JZavala_old
you dont even need more than just basic heat spreaders when bumping up the clocks. ram doesnt heat up with clock speed, much like any other component. it only heats up when you're bumping up the voltages. so if you're sitting pretty at 1.5v, you don't need much more than basic heatspreaders.
foulcoon
i've never understood people who buy 1200w PSU when they dont even need 850w. e-peen doesn't grow from PSU, trust me lawl

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

use this next time you want to spend over 200 dollars on a power supply you probably don't need
IppE

foulcoon wrote:

i've never understood people who buy 1200w PSU when they dont even need 850w. e-peen doesn't grow from PSU, trust me lawl
Because having too much load on the psu isn't really good for it?

Like you could probably run 2x 590 on a 850W PSU but it wouldn't like it in the long run.
foulcoon
see now thats just stupid

for the price of one of rokodo's PSU i could probably buy 2 and a half PSU that would be sufficient and keep spares

in the long run i've made a better decision, haven't i?
dNextGen

techz59 wrote:

neat
IppE

foulcoon wrote:

see now thats just stupid

for the price of one of rokodo's PSU i could probably buy 2 and a half PSU that would be sufficient and keep spares

in the long run i've made a better decision, haven't i?
Seeing as roko has two quite high end looking GPU's and liquid cooling implying a decent overclock on the cpu, 1200W, while surely has excess wattage, keeps nice and cool at 50-80% load when the system is drawing the most power.

And even if it is a overkill, why do you care? It's not your money that he's spending.
Kitsunemimi

IppE wrote:

And even if it is a overkill, why do you care? It's not your money that he's spending.
Because foulcoon thinks he's made the better investment, which is entirely possible since his scenario might be different from Roko's, who might be OC'd to the max.

It actually doesn't really matter, I think foulcoon is probably actually right in this case, but some of us just prefer to have systems that run smoothly with tons of room to spare. =ω=
Rokodo
Bloomfield i7 overclocked at 4GHz. Cards are AMD 6970 2GBs. This combo alone pushes around 500-700w on the PSU.
RAM: 12GB (3*4GB) Corsair Dominator GT. Upgrading with another 12GB kit for 24GB once the new kit arrives. :D
The reason for the use of 1200w is for headroom in terms of both power and expansion.
I also don't want to risk my components again on a shitty cheap PSU.

American concept = more is more.
European concept = one of superior quality is better than many of acceptable quality.

IppE wrote:

On a further note, I'm always upgrading my PC. By the time Intel Haswell comes around I'll be looking to an E-ATX board and even more goodies that require power draw. Might as well get the choice of PSU right (IMO) in terms of reliability.
Max
Hah and i thought i was one of the few that had a decent pc here :D
Remco32
All that just for osu!, watching animu and browsing the web..?
JZavala_old

foulcoon wrote:

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

use this next time you want to spend over 200 dollars on a power supply you probably don't need

quite wrong. i have two 5870's and a 5850, and an oc'ed cpu. and none of the gpu's are oc'ed. full load power consumption is around 700w. on a 850w psu(but its been tested to 1-1.16kw). so having two or three gpu's requires at least 850w. if you intend on doing more. you need much more power.

oh and if you go around claiming you have "water cooling" with that closed loop. people who know what they're doing will laugh. like me. its good if you're on a budget i suppose. a real water loop will run in excess of 250-300usd. a full loop(all gpu's cpu, mobo) will easily run 600-700.

those things are only moderately better than a high end air cooler. a true liquid loop is considerably better. and will cool mobo/gpu/cpu's.
ampzz

My cable management at the moment is atrocious.
Anyone like my Alienware's front panel 'upgrade'? \:D/
boat

ampzz wrote:

and did anyone like my Alienware's front panel 'upgrade'? \:D/
haha

no
Vish024

Remco32 wrote:

All that just for osu!, watching animu and browsing the web..?
show more