forum

Masakazu Sugimori - Dead Afterimage

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 7:05:33 PM

Artist: Masakazu Sugimori
Title: Dead Afterimage
Source: Ghost Trick
BPM: 149.97
Filesize: 5513kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.35 stars, 109 notes)
  2. Hard (4.87 stars, 299 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 589 notes)
  4. Normal+ (4.26 stars, 169 notes)
Download: Masakazu Sugimori - Dead Afterimage
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey, I noticed a severe lack of Ghost Trick maps (aka zero) so I'm trying my hand at this one.

Well, its coming along. Any modding help is appreciated.

Cheers!
Easy: Remade (Edges Rounded)
Normal+: Finished (Edges Rounded)
Hard: Finished (Remastered)
Insane: Finished (Edgeds Rounded)

-New Timing and Offest added for all
-Distance Snap being used
-Background Resized
-A color is changed to green to represent Missile
-Hard Remastered
Charles445
That's strange, I thought I posted here before

Anyway, the BPM seems to be 149.970, and the offset 1595. I'm not totally correct but it's better than what it has now.

Most of the map is rectangular, you should add curves in the map to make it more interesting to the player.

Some of the spacing is off, you should use distance snap to make sure the beats are spaced correctly.

You've figured out everything else, so good luck!

P.S. Star priority doesn't matter that much, what matters is getting feedback from other mappers and players.
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
Thanks. I'm trying, and I think I'll get there, trying to get others' attention is hard for me because I feel like I'm begging for attention i don't deserve. >_> Also, I'm kept it square, merely as style, and because I suck at making curves look good XD I can indeed say, I will try. And onward!

Also, I'll check out the distance snap feature, but I've never been good at using it, but hey, practice makes perfect right?

Edits made on Insane, Sliders, perfected. Kinda. Now I just need to find those trouble jumps. I've fixed some jumps to the best of my ability... which isn't too great, but I found a few spots.

Hard has been reconstructed as well. I'm dreading reconstruction of Normal+ and Easy though XD
OzzyOzrock
[General]
Tick rate 2 would be best, as this isn't 1/3.
BG must be 1024x768

[Easy]
00:02:386 (4) - Apply distance spacing of the last combo, not the spacing the 0.50 tells you to have
And why do you have a .50 anyways, just lower the slider velocity in the timing panel.

You use incorrect spacing for a lot of this map. Just go around with distance snap at (preferably) 1.0, and move notes, they'll adjust.

00:11:186 (4) - Try not to repeat too much, beginners usually expect one repeat.
00:18:786 (1,2,3) - Same with stacking, they'll get confused and think it's a single note or something.
- 00:52:386 (3,4,1,2) - Especially when done like this

01:02:986 (3) - Comes too fast after, try not to have notes 1/2 after a repeat, it gives too little time to react and stuff.
01:22:586 (1,1,1,1) - Combo spam like this used to be ok but now it's not.

Oh and the sliders during the soft parts don't really fit the rhythm.
This is a small mod because the main problem was spacing. Yeah this is small. Just do what I said with distance snap.
[Normal+]
Holy crap, everything as said above.
Again, you can change slider velocity.

Except some stacks are ok, and you can repeat more. Just don't have two sliders that look the same with different repeats.
Don't do weird stacking patterns where you go forward, and then go back in the same spots as the last notes. It's bad in these cases.

There are so many spacing errors I cried. PLEASE fix them, and the same as the combo spam, soft sliders, etc.
[Hard]
I cannot begin to tell you how much I cried.

Yes, please apply the same as everything stated.
You know, it wouldn't hurt to look at recent maps so you can see how wrong you are...

You do a lot of the same so just fix that. Slider velocity, ALL spacing, all that bad stuff.
[Insane]
I am about to kill myself.
Well not really in fact I didn't really cry.

But yes, every diff in this mapset is bad.
No easy way to tell you how to fix it, just that you should get more mapping experience through playing, comparing maps, reading tutorials, finding good mappers to help you a bit, or even just find a mapper and copy his style.

But for now, looks like you have a ways to go. Good luck soldier.
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
Aye aye sir, practice makes perfect! After I extend hard, I'll look over everything. I don't understand distance snap well, but I'm trying to acquaint myself with it. Until then... I'll try my hardest.

Oh, and don't kill yourself, that would be bad. Perhaps even horrible. Especially over a silly map.

I will now go to observe more maps and cry at my failure. Or not.

Edit:

I did not cry, but my eyes have been opened in a way. I noticed spacing now, and that makes things easier to understand. I see that spacing isn't a static thing so I've got a lot to learn still in the ways of spacing correctly, but I think I know enough to fix my errors. But its gonna take a while.

Also, if you ever read this, thanks again, I don't understand Easy mode very well anymore, if anything I don't feel comfortable making it. Then again i don't feel comfortable making anything, but...

Also, I don't copy. I plagiarize.
Charles445
gawd ozzee what is yer prawblem be moar nice jheesus
also ozzee BG doesn't actually have to be the right resolution, it's just better that way

*surprise lookover*

Looking much better! Map is pretty playable now.
Few more things you'll need to watch out for

Things are still pretty rectangular, add more curves to the map like what you did here:
02:01:607 (4,5,6,7) - Nice and curvy

We're trying to avoid stuff like
02:28:015 (3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Totally rectangular

After you make everything less rectangular, there is still the issue with hitsounds
Try to keep it a bit consistent, right now there are claps and finishes all over the place. Maybe try to do a clap every other measure and a finishes at the beginning and end of kiai.

Don't give me kudos for this post please
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
Thanks for el surprise mod. I guess I COULD add more curves :P The hitsounds though... I'll look over them again, but I kinda like how they are now. Prolly jsut my silly biased opinion. OPEN YOUR MIND REED.

I'll work on this some in my free time, which isn't coming as much, but I still have it. In any case, thanks.

I guess I'll rework this tomorrow. Or this weekend. Too bad I can't give you kudos D:

Cheers,

Reed R Gale
Topic Starter
Reed R Gale
Well here we go, I'm gonna try to get this ranked again. Let's do this!

...he says to no one in particular.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.