forum

In-Game clock [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Maryushi3
Hi!
My request is: possibility to display a clock that shows your system time next to fps' number (any other place will be good too).

Why?
Sometimes I'd like to know what the time is when playing osu! but I don't want to stop gameplay just to grab phone or watch just to know the time.
Kitsunemimi
I'd actually sort of really wanted this, since it would be useful, but I don't really know where the clock should go. Beside the FPS counter sounds like a bad spot, plus I don't even use the FPS counter. For the mean time, you can hit F8 and look at the time the last person said something.
Hyguys
f8 , then see what time is it. duh
Esupanitix
I think he means EXACT time, as in <Hours>:<Minutes>:<Seconds> <PM/AM> or <Hours>:<Minutes>:<Seconds> out of 24 hours.

But yes, that would be something I would find useful EXCEPT

If you use a Windows computer, you can just hit the Start Key on your keyboard, and then look in the lower-right corner for the time. That is, if your taskbar is on the bottom of the screen.

Therefor, this idea isn't really useful but it isn't really useless.
Topic Starter
Maryushi3

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

If you use a Windows computer, you can just hit the Start Key on your keyboard, and then look in the lower-right corner for the time. That is, if your taskbar is on the bottom of the screen.
and F8 chat method

Both requires you to stop gameplay for a while so clock that will be displayed all time in-game will allow to do just quick look and know the time.

Also I didn't mean setting like "Show FPS counter and clock" but separate switch for "Show in-game clock"

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

I think he means EXACT time, as in <Hours>:<Minutes>:<Seconds> <PM/AM> or <Hours>:<Minutes>:<Seconds> out of 24 hours.
Maybe not exactly what I tought but exact time won't be bad. Or "Show seconds" sub-switch for clock.

Any place for time is fine: fps counter, folowing cursor, next to score or hit-counter...
OzzyOzrock
I'd like an osu! time clock since it seems to be way farther ahead of my time.
Bmxant
I just posted another thread about this, but I got linked to this one. This is what I want.
Kitsunemimi
First of all, that one's not in the actual ingame interface (purpose of this thread), and second, non-widescreen users won't be able to have that clock.
Backstabber
Support. No need for the clock to be shown ingame. It can just be in the f8 menu.
Winshley

Kitsunemimi wrote:

second, non-widescreen users won't be able to have that clock.
This, plus I play on Windowed mode, so I can just spot on the current time at Windows' notification area without having to stop for a while. :P
Sakura
Dont you see the time on user panels anyways?
Louis Cyphre
just posted another thread about this, but I got linked to this one. This is what I want.
Support

No, we are living in different countries.
Sakura

Louis Cyphre wrote:

No, we are living in different countries.
What about checking your own user panel then
YodaSnipe
Why do we need a work around? It's a pain to find your own damn panel amongst the rest.
support~
Sakura
Then tell me, why do you need an in-game clock? this would make like one of the only (if not the only) game that does this, you can easily add yourself to friend list, and find yourself in "Friends only". It's not like is a necessity either, i always check my watch to know the time, if i'm playing a full screen game, otherwise i watch my computer clock.
I kinda wonder, why do u need to implement a clock.
YodaSnipe
Why do I need an in-game clock? Cause I'm in full screen without a watch. I have added myself to friends, still takes longer to find the time cause I have a lot of friends. Maybe it's not a necessity, but it is being requested, and some people here think it would make a good simple addition.
ziin
press f8. Click on #osu. Type something.

That being said, putting a clock on f8 or f9 would be nice.

something like (1:44)> if it's in chat, or somewhere top right for the bancho menu.
Sakura

ziin wrote:

something like (1:44)> if it's in chat, or somewhere top right for the bancho menu.
Thanks for reminding me of that, you can see timestamps on all chat messages. you can even message banchobot /bb by PM if u dont wanna bother typing in public.
senaya
all the suggestions look like temporary solutions, lol
YodaSnipe

Sakura Hana wrote:

ziin wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of that, you can see timestamps on all chat messages. you can even message banchobot /bb by PM if u dont wanna bother typing in public.
Stop posting work arounds. People want to see something simple. What if you're new to the game and don't know any of this stuff and don't talk to many people in #osu. I remember I didn't talk to anyone there for almost two months.
show more