forum

Megpoid GUMI - Aitai

posted
Total Posts
show more
TKiller
those sliders look great and are impossible to miss if you're looking at the monitor with your two eyes and are listening to the song.

Have fun dealing with people, Rin.
Natteke
Happy Birthday, Rin!

Remmy you noob.
Glass
Just my point of view.

RemmyX25 wrote:

Rin:
00:16:889 (1) - No. Not a big problem imo, there's a break after this slider so why would anyone not hold this till the end? It doesn't take a godlike player to know that if there's no note right after the slider, it does no harm to hold it till it's gone.
01:50:604 (1) - No. Neutral on this one, since there's a note after it, but there's a whole 1/1 beat in between so I don't know, I think you should change it just to be sure.
03:24:318 (1) - And no. ^
Good luck and happy birthday Rin.
KRZY
EDIT: Decided I would hold myself back. Any comments I made earlier in this reply, I apologize for.

Still, happy birthday NatsumeRin, you are my favorite mapper.
Lunah_old
Those sliders are 100 % playable

EDIT : "Unrankable, No, No" looks nazi, Staff should advise with what replace them, and try to help the mapper.
Sushi
Just saying.

Don't forget Playable =/= Rankable

Thanks.
RemmyX25
You guys missed this line.

RemmyX25 wrote:

Slider end points are END points, not hold points.
When players see the END of a slider, the slider is generally expected to END.
Faust
Happy Birthday, Rin.
TKiller

Sushi wrote:

Just saying.

Don't forget Playable =/= Rankable

Thanks.
Oh noone will surely be able to forget this ever. Though I wonder why it's so, considering it's a game and we're supposed to have fun here, yet we're denying some ways to have fun by ourselves. My point might be kinda blurry but, eh..

RemmyX25 wrote:

You guys missed this line.

RemmyX25 wrote:

Slider end points are END points, not hold points.
When players see the END of a slider, the slider is generally expected to END.
1) generally doesn't mean always, doesn't it

2) well, we posting here kinda are those players and we told you that we didn't expect those sliders to end the usual way

They also were used in a similiar pattern, each one of them was mapped to the vocaloid voice singing a long note so even if a player (who is supposed to be expirienced enough to play this level of maps btw) misses the first slider once, restarts and gets the pattern, it becomes common for him in a moment. That's how it actually works, yep.
Mogsy
These sliders are basically in the same vein as Burai sliders: ugly and confusing. Granted, you may find them playable, but they're not normally accessible. These sliders gave off more than the standard appearance of being longer than it really is, and I personally found it quite unintuitive, in the same vein as Burai sliders. Burai sliders, my friends, are unrankable.

I just think we should hold to this point of consistency. Sans this unrankable thing, though, the map is well-constructed. That's all I have to say.
Lunah_old
Ugly and Confusing ? ... where ? lol
Mogsy

Lunah wrote:

Ugly and Confusing ? ... ROFL
Excuse me if people have differing opinions. Your word is not law. Now stop contributing unless you actually have a point to bring up.
eveless
happy birthday
what a nice birthday present
what a nice unrank reason
what a nice bearmap unrank team
whar a nice game
Lunah_old

Mogsworth wrote:

Lunah wrote:

Ugly and Confusing ? ... ROFL
Excuse me if people have differing opinions. Your word is not law. Now stop contributing unless you actually have a point to bring up.
Is not sweet say "those sliders are ugly" just this @_@ , and are confusing for you.

Selee
Happy Birthday, Rin
Mogsy

Selee wrote:

Please don't abuse of power...As I know, more people enjoy playing sliders like these than hate them.

But whom you've asked?
This is an element that was deemed unrankable long ago, much over a year ago, at that.

If you people seriously believe this is an abuse of power, I'm sorry, but no. It's just adhering to regulations. Don't get your knickers in a twist because it's from one of your favourite mappers. Besides, if you did not see Remmy's post, these sliders were the only unrankable things. Here's even another comment I made, myself:

Mogsworth wrote:

Sans this unrankable thing, though, the map is well-constructed.
Understand that this is not out of disdain for a mapper or for the map itself, this is a standard we hold all maps to.

Furthermore:

RemmyX25 wrote:

seriously stop posting in here unless you're the original mapper or have something constructive to add.
This. Post more like this and posts will be deleted. It's unnecessary, guys, and arguing in the thread only complicates things further. Let the mapper deal with this.
eveless
yesterday i said it will unrank and today came true
maybe this is a unrank point if you gays have time to unrank how about to check 2 page bubbles?
Lunah_old

Mogsworth wrote:

Furthermore:

RemmyX25 wrote:

seriously stop posting in here unless you're the original mapper or have something constructive to add.
This. Post more like this and posts will be deleted. It's unnecessary, guys, and arguing in the thread only complicates things further. Let the mapper deal with this.
We are just talking, no one is insulting or something else, so i guess we have free word on this world
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
first what a nice gift i received.

then ok plz guys, think about this: is it the same with burai sliders?

that is: you'll read the slider wrong and you don't know which direction to follow with.

for my slider, i put in the first one to show there's obvious something and i don't think a player is going to miss that, what he need to do is just hold there for more 2/1 and he'll know what happening and ... yeah, though you don't, enjoy that part.

on the 2nd and 3rd, i think players will be able to know since they played through the map, so i put them more enjoyable on shape (harder to read too)

i already said "the slider is not the same situation with burai's", and i don't think it would make players confused, then reason is?
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin

RemmyX25 wrote:

Rin:
00:16:889 (1) - No. to get a better effect, and it won't make players confused, obviously. i find players to test that slider and only few get combo break since they randomly move their mouse.
01:50:604 (1) - No.
03:24:318 (1) - And no.

Slider end points are END points, not hold points. This is unnecessary and unrankable. where's such a rule plz.

Unranked and scores wiped.

EDIT: also deleted unnecessary post after this.
EDIT2: seriously stop posting in here unless you're the original mapper or have something constructive to add.
@Remmy: yeah, give me a nice reason to make me believe it has the same situation with the other sliders before. otherwise i don't think you're leading the things right.
Derekku
Please tell me how one of these is supposed to be sightread as a "hold" slider:

Yes, the first one looks odd, but it does not indicate "hold". Even a storyboarded warning wouldn't help since it's such a strangely-held slider. It's a nice idea, and fits the music, but that doesn't mean it's playable/rankable. When it all comes down to it, this is a rhythm game, and things need to be visible/playable.

Burai sliders have been unrankable for a long time, and hold sliders are unrankable, so I really have no idea how anyone thought sliders like these were fair grounds for ranking. peppy already fixed how slider nodes work which patched the old Cutting Circles map, so he could definitely do the same to stop abuse like this:

You guys are saying that BAT are abusing their power, but isn't it actually the other way around? :? Yes, this was wrongly bubbled/ranked, and would be a simple rerank, except that everyone has to start the same flamewar every time this happens. Hopefully you (Natsume) will be a bit more level-headed about the situation, since this is a nice map and I'd like to see it where it belongs (Ranking).
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
@Derekku: if i make it a total tobebuta slider, is it fine? it's obviously more readable.

then if not, anything constructive plz? it fits the music perfect and if not a better way could be found, why it becomes a thing that people bitching?
osu is a rhythm game and i think rhythm is the most important?

Edit: for sure, a 0.5x slider won't achieve the effect i want, otherwise why i need those sliders. hold for the vocal, not some random guy shouting "aaaaaa~~~~~~" like a slow slider, even the original "hold slider" is not a nice way.

k, as a back:

Download: Megpoid GUMI - Aitai (NatsumeRin) [Rin].osu
Louis Cyphre
Nice slider style. Happy birthday Rin :>

Please rerank this. ><!
Verdisphena

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Please rerank this. :c!
Mafiamaster
Looks good now. Reverse sliders aren't bad at all~
Bubbled.
RemmyX25
are you simply going to leave the difficulty name as "rankable" ?
Ephemeral
i dont know i just played the unaltered difficulty and i honestly think that with a storyboarded warning this would be perfectly acceptable since the sliders do follow the music and are rather intuitive

maybe we need to look at this a bit more
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
not more, enough, thanks.

the diff name is NTR when it's bubbled, Remmy you failed to catch up.
Colin Hou
nice avatar
eveless
nice cake
Derekku
A couple of tiny fixes concerning kiai and audio lead-in time. Also, I adjusted the title text to appear at the first break instead of the beginning (which looked awkward).

NatsumeRin: Happy Birthday! You get my first rank.
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
thanks guys. rofl
KanbeKotori
Happy birthday Rin :D
eveless
happy birthday again , back to busy working , stress._.
good luck to have a meizi this year rin
Curisu
unrank for happy birthday :D
xsrsbsns
Congrats & happy birthday Rin :D
kodomonoyume
rin前辈生日快乐~>.<
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
don't hesitate to vote 10 / favourite / tell others about this map

for Rin diff of course.

rofl again.