forum

Forum Titles [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cecilthemos
Hmm, the EBA/Ouendan ranks do sound cool, but they aren't original, maybe we could go with something like "Rhythm _____"
I don't know...
Sinistro
It's a rather unoriginal suggestion, but maybe it could go something like:

-New Recruit
-Trainee
-Graduate (not too sure about this one)
-Team Backup/Team Reserve
-Team Follower (or however the two at either side of the Team Leader are collectively called)
-Breezin' Agent
-Cruisin' Agent
-Sweatin' Agent (ew.)
-Hard Rockin' Agent
-Agent Commander

Maybe later I'll think of something better.
LuigiHann
I say just go with the translated Ouendan ranks. I don't think I've ever even seen them translated.
chan
Works for me. Think you still need to keep secondary titles like Luigi's "resident skinner". (Don't take away my global mod title!)
LuigiHann
Holy crap! How long has that been there?
chan
Who knows? Just noticed myself, but it's totally deserved/fitting.
Cecilthemos
I like Sinistro's idea, but to be original, let's throw out Crusin', Sweatin', Breezin', and Hard Rock, and Agent.
lol, guess I just like the first part of it.
I still say Rhythm should be apart of it since it's in Osu's slogan.
eyup

chan wrote:

Works for me. Think you still need to keep secondary titles like Luigi's "resident skinner".
I'd call him Principal Skinner :)

for those of you who don't get it, it's a Simpsons reference...
Sinistro
I'll try to spice things up a little this time around, at the risk of sounding corny:

-Rhythm Rookie
-Tempo Trainee
-Whistle Blower
-Beat Clicker
-Slider Savant (Alliteration FTW/FTL?)
-Spinner Sage (Ditto.)
-Combo Commander (alternatively Combo Champion)
-Rhythm...Incarnate? Y'know, to have things come full circle.

Eight ranks are enough, right?

Also retain special titles for the webmaster, mods, principal skinner, Hall of Famers and other roles that may appear in time and are assumed by particular members (like people who are good at storyboarding, or take requests for storyboarding art).
James
I don't know about forum titles, since a lot of people would just spam their posts to get to the highest forum rank. Well thats what I've noticed with other forums I am visiting.
Topic Starter
peppy
Its just a title anyway. If people spam to change some words on their profile then they are pretty lame :P.

Either way, we can counteract that pretty easily.
James
Well were only a small community, for now, so I think forum titles are all good.
But its better to remove those post counts and only the admin can see how many post counts they made. And when people reached a certain post count their title automatically changes.
I don't know if this is doable or not. But I'm sure removing post counts can be done :)
Cecilthemos
Can we have the titles be like secondary?
I want one of those titles to go along with my Beatmap Mod Team title,
I think someone else said this earlier though.
Also, which rank goes with which amount of posts?
Topic Starter
peppy

Cecilthemos wrote:

Can we have the titles be like secondary?
Nope

Cecilthemos wrote:

Also, which rank goes with which amount of posts?
Secret ;)
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Huskatron
Anywhere you can post the official rank orders. (You don't have to include how many posts needed, but y'know still ;) ...)
Galkan
Aye, aye, we have a Necromancer here!

And for your request, use goddamn Search function.
viewtopic.php?p=646448#p646448