forum

Mindless Self Indulgence - Kill The Rock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 6:03:50 AM

Artist: Mindless Self Indulgence
Title: Kill The Rock
BPM: 145.85
Filesize: 2345kb
Play Time: 01:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.96 stars, 287 notes)
  2. Normal (4.54 stars, 197 notes)
Download: Mindless Self Indulgence - Kill The Rock
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I just like this song is all. Oh, hopefully this makes up for my Bullshit map!

This isn't even a part of that MSI project.

Edit: +5 offset and a new combo at 00:25:55 on Hard.
Edit 2: Fixed retarded nazi modding.
Real1
Shooting a star in its direction.

Full of win.
Rolled
seibei fixed my shit

bubs
m980
>:(
Card N'FoRcE
I wonder why you didn't notice these two spacings in hard:
00:25:14 (3,1) - ok, there's a new combo but i think it's wrong, it fooled me twice
01:15:95 (1,2,3,4) - 2 is wrong. I noticed at first play because i failed it.
01:19:24 (1,2,3,4) - same as above

EDIT: oh, ranked in ONE day, with 7 stars and no user star (i know who i am referring to). That's what the star system is here for, i see...
Rolled
Seibei modded me therefor I modded him.

If I need a map modded, I do mod for mod with any user :P

Also seibei's new maps aren't always "correct" with spacing but they're still creative and readable imo. I only mention things that trip up my sight reads, which I did and he fixed one of them.
Andrea
01:19:24 (1,2,3,4) This spacing is bad too. :S Anyway uh... <- Hard

And i'm with card, BATs ever say: Get much stars (10 minimum) and i check it... bah, this is ridicoulous.

Like James say: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6859&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=21

come on, stop modding each other's maps and mod old stuff like these.
HarryOrunitia

Rolled wrote:

Seibei modded me therefor I modded him.

If I need a map modded, I do mod for mod with any user :P

Also seibei's new maps aren't always "correct" with spacing but they're still creative and readable imo. I only mention things that trip up my sight reads, which I did and he fixed one of them.
First, you're part of the Beatmap Approval Team, "mod for mod" is way HEAVIER when done by you. Plus, you didn't mod it, you BUBBLED it. Am I the only one to see the problem here?
Card N'FoRcE

Rolled wrote:

NO Rolled. Those spacings are WRONG
Have a look here:

The spacing i pointed out are exactly like the ones this pictures signs with a X.
So it's wrong because it's confusing.
Andrea
Im with Card_N'FoRcE for all the points.
Yumiko
And i'm with both of them...this situation must be changed...
Rolled
I don't care what every BAT does, how they mod, or anything. I've been modding the same way for 2 years and it just now becomes a problem?

I am not a nazi mod. I mention things that are confusing to me, or I feel will be confusing to other players. If a jump as small as that is confusing you should stick to the normal difficulty.

This is one of my favorite maps, and I stand by it being ranked 100%.

You guys complain when people nazi mod your spacing, you complain when we give the mapper more room for creativity. What is the solution here?

Also, with the priority system, I don't care how other people mod. If a BAT, a user that has been here longer than I have, or somebody fresh out the box mods my map, I will mod theirs too. It is not a secret underground BAT exchange we have, it's common courtesy.
Jarby
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
minyeob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Card N'FoRcE

Rolled wrote:

I don't care what every BAT does, how they mod, or anything. I've been modding the same way for 2 years and it just now becomes a problem?

I am not a nazi mod. I mention things that are confusing to me, or I feel will be confusing to other players. If a jump as small as that is confusing you should stick to the normal difficulty.

You guys complain when people nazi mod your spacing, you complain when we give the mapper more room for creativity. What is the solution here?
That's not Nazi, it's the basic rule of spacing.
About the part you bolted, that part IS "confusing to other players" (i am one of those other players) so why didn't you point it out? And that is not a small jump, damn, we're not talking about one or two squares (which is nazi modding)!
Now, i know we're humans and we make mistakes, so you could have missed something, but you can't say that i am wrong.
And i'm not saying to unrank the map.
Anyway, i'm not criticizing you so much, but M980, because he didn't point it out, waiting for a confirm.
Also, he always says he doesn't check maps without purple stars.
Sorry guys, you know i'm like this in these situations: i just can't shut up.
SPOILER
m980 reply
If anyone decides to check up on this again, my sig said "I only accept mod requests if they have purple stars"
I didn't accept the modrequest, I just wanted to mod Seibei's map because his maps are creative and original. So there.

Rolled wrote:

Also, with the priority system, I don't care how other people mod. If a BAT, a user that has been here longer than I have, or somebody fresh out the box mods my map, I will mod theirs too. It is not a secret underground BAT exchange we have, it's common courtesy.
Yeah i know, i'm a simple user and i do this "exchange mod" thing too.

minyeob wrote:

I SS'd this map ON FIRST TRY.
I think this beatmap is nice :p
I'm not saying the map is not nice. I pointed out two big spacing issues that clearly go against the basic rule of spacing.
BATs overlooked that and ranked this map so fast that noone else could notice it.
Also, maybe YOU did SS that at first try, but other users found those parts confusing without even knowing why they got X (like me).
HarryOrunitia

Rolled wrote:

HarryOrunitia

Rolled wrote:

I never complained about "nazi modding". Some mappers maybe complaining, but some don't. Don't generalize.

Yeah, when you're a normal player, exchanging mods could lead, in the worst case, to an undeserved star or bad modding. When you're a BAT it's a bit different, especially if you bubble a map which only had ONE star and big spacing issues.

(Sorry for my previous post, browser problems... please delete it)
Rolled
If a map is ready to bubbled, whether it has 0 priority or 60 I don't care. And any user posting in one of my thread is beneficial to me, BAT or not. That is the reason I do mod for mod. Just because it's possible for me to bubble his map, and he cannot bubble mine does not matter to me.

Some people's maps get ranked quicker than others not because of their position in the community, but there experience in mapping, or lack of errors. If you guys think this map is really that bad you can take it up with Peppy, or try to find another BAT who thinks that this map is not ready to be ranked.

Cn'F wrote:

About the part you bolted, that part IS "confusing to other players" (i am one of those other players) so why didn't you point it out?
I did say "If I feel it is confusing," and I did not. Of course it will trip some people up, not everybody has enough skill to sight-read SS every beatmap like minyeob (I don't mean that to be offensive) However if we have to create every beatmap to be absolutely full-comboable for every user of every skill level, then we wouldn't have much of a beatmap collection.

In my opinion, if you have the skills needed to S this beatmap than it will be S'd. If you don't, it is not the beatmap's spacing's fault.
HarryOrunitia

Rolled wrote:

If a map is ready to bubbled, whether it has 0 priority or 60 I don't care. And any user posting in one of my thread is beneficial to me, BAT or not. That is the reason I do mod for mod. Just because it's possible for me to bubble his map, and he cannot bubble mine does not matter to me.
Oh well, then you're just going against almost every BAT and everything they said in our famous thread in the italian section. At least now I know whose map I should mod if I want my 0 priority maps ranked.
0_o
OK I'm confused.. are you people saying that BATs should wait till the map got more priority before bubbling it? I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense. If he looked at the map and thought it was suitable for ranking, then why not bubble it? The priority system is for getting people to notice your map, not a metre on how eligible it is to be ranked. If a map doesn't have any problems, it should be ranked, period. Otherwise you are just slowing down the whole ranking process.

If I didn't understand you correctly, then by all means correct me..
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Card N'FoRcE
Mogsy
Curses, I wanted to map thi--wait, this is quite fun. Very nice.