forum

[Archived] Countdown did not appear

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chronos147
Im using window7 and i noticed that every skins including the original i used did not have countdown screen every time I played solo. When I checked the skins files, the countdown png files were still there. Can some help me?
Raging Bull
Countdown is probably disabled for the beatmap. This map probably has it enabled. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23665
Sakura
Some beatmaps have disabled countdown, it's not possible to enable them on your side.
Topic Starter
chronos147
Its seems that you are right. The countdown did appeared but how do you know which beatmaps enable countdown?
Mara
By actually seeing it when playing a beatmap.
Raging Bull
Most don't really have countdown enabled nowadays.
xsrsbsns

Raging Bull wrote:

:( really helpful for hiddening a map when the first few objects are notes, has a long lead-in and no beat before it (but then it'd sound awkward)
Raging Bull
I tend to like countdown (Well custom that is) but it does get annoying since you can't see the first few notes ._.
Sakura

xsrsbsns wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

:( really helpful for hiddening a map when the first few objects are notes, has a long lead-in and no beat before it (but then it'd sound awkward)
I agree, modders should suggest these more often (me included).

Because when this happens, you rely 100% on approach circles to hit the first note, let alone 300 it during hidden mod, then again this is discussion for another thread.