forum

What's your biggest weakness in osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
anthonyyy0
Spinners on catch the beat. Ugh, I never know which ones to go for. :o
syoti_teh_1337LOL
Big jumps. And rhythm beats. They're to weak to make out. Spinners are just fine. And pressing beats repeatedly screws me up.

P.S. I'm new...
Espionage724
Not sure what BPM I can handle, but anything involving a series of "quick" mouse-clicks throws me off immediately (wish I had a touch device to see if that would help or not)
Hikaros
the change of tempo between notes. like going from very consistent and fast notes to suddenly slow and then fast again, usually between just 2 notes before it continues the normal speed - I HATE IT!

and obviously deathstreams lol.
mathexpert
doubles, especially when its a slider and then the double.
Ekaru
Holy shit, I can do streams with ease now! I don't know what happened; I just did a few runs of that Justice to Believe map, and suddenly I "got" streams. Before I never got the right pace; I was usually too fast. Now? 300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300

So, streams are no longer my weakness (not sure if I posted that, but it was). Now it would be really fast BPMs (including DT).
Jalatiphra

Ekaru wrote:

Holy shit, I can do streams with ease now! I don't know what happened; I just did a few runs of that Justice to Believe map, and suddenly I "got" streams. Before I never got the right pace; I was usually too fast. Now? 300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300-300

So, streams are no longer my weakness (not sure if I posted that, but it was). Now it would be really fast BPMs (including DT).

thats a quite nice moment when learning osu, isnt it ?:)
Zlew
Jumps.
chineseman72
Mouse running out of batteries
Naravia
Stupidly short repeating sliders within note sequences, and sliders where the mapper suddenly decided increasing the slider speed to maximum would be a good idea are what usually get me :(

I used to have a little trouble with actually timing hits successfully but not so much anymore, and I've generally always not been bad at cursor accuracy or spinners.
nanoRL
JUMPS D: cuz i suck mouse-only (i like streams :>)
Suimya
1/8 streams that suck i cant even do them x.x
CapnDavid
I suck at almost everything on osu!.
TBTE

-Sekai- wrote:

1/8 streams that suck i cant even do them x.x
You can make 1/8 streams nao?

/me goes and overmaps a shittysong
Become Tomato
Streams, Jumps, and a stream of small sliders.
XEPCOH
STANDARD:
1. Streams over 155 BPM
2. Jumps over the screen.
3. Speed
4. Flashlight
TAIKO:
1. Everything
CTB:
1. Jumps
2. TAG4 (not with HalfTime)
3. Speeeeeeeeeeeed!!! (Even with small jumps)
P.S. I play with the tablet)))))))))
-Shi_old
1. Anything below AR8

-- Other weaknesses --
Easy mod
Jumps with certain shapes
Small hitcircles with long sliders
Espionage724
Anything with fast, single beats in repetition. Not sure how else to explain it, but I get off-beat quickly, and tend to start missing the beats....
[Au]-[Revoir]
I'm new whereat I have a lot of weakness..

But most of impact on me..

1. Small circles with long sliders.
2. Consecutive circles & sliders
3. Short-term spinners
4. Small fruits
5. Complicated taiko drums
Miya
my biggest weakness : long stream, repeating jump , + fast and long jump
Winshley
Spinners (eff myself because people can spin a lot faster... :o)

I can't play using tablets, it has to be on-screen tablets. :(

Playing fast (hence insane maps are out of question to me) :(

Due to being perfectionism (striving on SS), I hit [Retry] a lot, especially since I often play with [SuddenDeath] mod. :P

(My strengths goes here)
Soly
Sup A Noob
It's now gone back to jumping. God damn environmental changes.
Ekoro
osu!standard :

large spacing , shaped jumps , circle and slider on a stream at the same time , etc... many things..
EDIT : Oh and progressive spacing.

Taiko :

Goddammit , many patterns who are complicated x_x

Catch The Beat :

I don't play CtB , but i think i'm sure that's jump' , because i have played it a long time ago. *A*
nanoRL
Standard:
large spacing , jumps getting bigger (like in BD's Airman map) , BPM 195+

Taiko:
many kats/many kats in streams , strange patterns

CtB:
those left-right-left-right-left-..... patterns D:
Jenny
standard: AR10, Deathstreams, CrossScreen-jumping (if >4 times), BPM >200

taiko: 1/4-change of don and kat I try to do with one hand (kddk-player) and then fail (for example dkddd, I'd play the first 3 ones using just my right hand and break my combo >.<)
rizqy96
hit circles that are very close to slider. It always make me confused
hoihoisoi
stacked beats with different timings and cramped fast beats and sliders....
Cheer-no
Spinners for sure. I could get so many #1s if I could only spin more than an average of 300 SPM...
McNagah
Playing with my laptop touchpad better. Don't really know specifics as well as you guys.
Zemlor
Standard: Hands start to itch when I play... oh and spinners. I can't do more then 300 -_-
Taiko: This entire mode is my weakness.
CtB: Still need to learn to use sprint with control..
Rena-chan
Anything above 220 BPM.
Espionage724

McNagah wrote:

Playing with my laptop touchpad better. Don't really know specifics as well as you guys.
I heard putting your touchpad in Absolute mode helps a lot (or take it a bit further and either make or acquire a stylus, then it would be similar to a tablet maybe)
McNagah

Espionage724 wrote:

McNagah wrote:

I heard putting your touchpad in Absolute mode helps a lot (or take it a bit further and either make or acquire a stylus, then it would be similar to a tablet maybe)
Sorry, I'm new. What's absolute mode?
Espionage724

McNagah wrote:

Sorry, I'm new. What's absolute mode?
I'll try to explain it the best way I know :p

With traditional touchpads, when you move your finger in a direction on the touchpad, the cursor goes that far.

If the cursor is at the top left of the screen, and you drag your finger from the bottom left of the touchpad to the bottom right, the cursor will either move the entire distance or only part way (but it should be still at the top of the screen either way).

With absolute mode, your touchpad acts like a touchscreen or tablet, as in, wherever your finger is, the cursor will be there.

If the cursor is at the bottom left of the screen and you put your finger at the top right corner of the touchpad, your cursor will snap to the top right of the screen. Then if you put your finger back to the bottom left of the touchpad, the cursor will snap back down there. You can also drag your finger on the touchpad for cursor placement too (if you drag your finger from top left to bottom right, the cursor on your screen should go from the top left to the bottom right, passing the center of the screen when your finger passes the center of the touchpad).

If your interested in trying it out, I used viewtopic.php?f=2&t=515 (not sure if it works on non-Synaptic touchpads or not, if it does't and you have a non-Synaptic touchpad, you might be able to use your driver's control panel to change the option)
sCam
spinners. i spin like 160 - 220. 260 the highest. I use a mouse. i got no arm or wrist movement, because the small area I'm in, and I have to holdmy mouse at the end of the table(to get better movement). If i sit up right next to the monitor though, i can spin like 250 - 320. some shit like that. damn i suck at spinning.
kriers

dunku wrote:

spinners. i spin like 160 - 220. 260 the highest. I use a mouse. i got no arm or wrist movement, because the small area I'm in, and I have to holdmy mouse at the end of the table(to get better movement). If i sit up right next to the monitor though, i can spin like 250 - 320. some shit like that. damn i suck at spinning.
Why would you go through so much extra trouble only because you'd like to keep your high sensitivity?
I currently play with 450 dpi, and I have absolutely no trouble playing hard maps. Besides, it's actually easier to spin with a lower dpi
since the spinner is small. This allows for more movement in spinners, which allows for more speed (given practice).

Also, spinning with your arm is a MUST if you have ambition to spin fast. Just find a comfortable "channel point" on your wrist and shake it.
lolcubes

kriers wrote:

Besides, it's actually easier to spin with a lower dpi
since the spinner is small. This allows for more movement in spinners, which allows for more speed (given practice).
Seconding this. I don't use 450dpi, but I use 800 which is also somewhat slow. I spin 420-440 usually and sometimes up to 470 if I am warmed up enough.
Mismagius
I posted here already, didn't I

but

1/1 stacks and slow (less than 170BPM) streams
Low
Jumps. *u*

orz
show more