forum

Catch the Beat Score Reset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
It troubles me to announce this but there is one exploitable aspect of Catch the Beat which needs to be amended. Therefore I will be issuing a full reset of scores for all CtB plays as well as a new release of osu! in a few hours. Sorry about this, but as mentioned by others I did give warning alluding that this may occur, so hopefully it won't be too much of a surprise/letdown.

Also changing:
Catch the Beat multipliers
HardRock 1.06 -> 1.12
DoubleTime 1.12 -> 1.06

From the new version the notice mentioning CtB score resets will not be present, and we should be good to go for the future!

Edit: I'll probably do this tomorrow - I need to do a bit of work with the current build before its ready.
TheDutchman
what is that exploitable aspect ?
Real1
That's ok. I hardly played CtB anyways, because I wanted it to be ok first.
I did play parapara using it though, so there goes those 36 minutes. Haha. :P
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MooNiZZ

ThePassingShadow wrote:

And poor MooniZZ.

But, as I said, it's for the best.
well seriously i couldn't care less, i was expecting a score reset, and instead of just removing some peoples score, i thought it was better to reset 'em all.

Didn't play much anyways because, as i said above ^, i was expecting this :P. and the scores aren't hard to do again, except my hidden marisa and blinking FoG2 xD <3
peace
Twilight_old

TheDutchman wrote:

what is that exploitable aspect ?
I was going to ask the same thing...
DeathxShinigami
Haaa...well it is alright with me... The whole scoring system for CTB was pretty broken anyways.. =S
Topic Starter
peppy

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Haaa...well it is alright with me... The whole scoring system for CTB was pretty broken anyways.. =S
In what way? if you have any complaints, best mention them now before we decide on a permanent scoring system?
nomedeusuarionaodisp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ekaru
Well, at least skinned catchers has been tested now. :P (Okay that was bad). Oh well, at least you warned us that a score reset had a good chance of happening, so there's no real surprise. I'm just glad that we should be good to go now.

P.S. Will the catcher be sped up slightly for this release? Just wondering, since a few fruits were impossible to catch because you were JUST slow enough...with the dash. =P Doesn't matter though. I'll be playing fruits more after this update regardless, since I <3 fruits.
Seibei4211
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think I was the only one who wasn't expecting a score reset. I mean, I thought one might happen a week or so ago, but not this late in the game. I had quite a lot of good scores...
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Well, there goes all of the scores on the approved songs for CtB that were played by me. =/ Oh well, it wasn't much, really. I can still try to do it again after the reset.
ThePassingShadow

nomedeusuarionaodisp wrote:

There goes my top score in Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobunda ze, then. I couldn't believe it when I saw my name there, in first place. But oh well, I was expecting a reset, and it was fun, so why not try getting that score back? Even though I know I won't be able to because I will miss a fruit somewhere and
By the way, as I've already asked before, is playing a hard map in CtB (and passing it) supposed to raise your level meter by something around 25%, at least around my level? It has happened here a lot of times.
CtB added to total score, so playing CtB songs that are ranked will increase your level eventually as your total score increases. However, your level will probably decrease significantly after scores are reset.
MooNiZZ

Seibei4211 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think I was the only one who wasn't expecting a score reset. I mean, I thought one might happen a week or so ago, but not this late in the game. I had quite a lot of good scores...

I bet you improved while playing so getting alot of those scores back won't be hard for you, and it's fun isn't it?
So if it's fun, there is no need to whine :) <3

Why not get alot better after the reset/update and pwn everyone?
Don't quit fruits just because of the reset xD

And about the impossible to catch fruits, leave them as it is imo. Most of them aren't impossible to catch, you just need to time it right :)
Zatoichi
lolwut
James

Zatoichi wrote:

lolwut
Saturos
Topic Starter
peppy
Reset will be delayed a bit guys. Sorry!
MooNiZZ
bleh, i want fruits :P, i guess i'll skate until the problems are solved then ^^'
DeathxShinigami
Bad suggestion.
show more