forum

True Lovers Mafia - (Endgame: TOWN WINS!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lilac
People are sick of Closed Setups. I am, so whoever opposes. I don't care.

I'm sure you all know this by now but let's play the first ever osu! True Lovers Mafia. For those of you who don't know it's been proven that this mafia setup is a 50% chance of either faction winning. This is proven by this simple formula.

"Courtesy of Mafiascum.net"
*Let S be scum pairings and
*Let Pa be total pairings

P(Town win) = 1 - S/Pa = (Pa-S)/Pa

If given the reverse.

P(Mafia win) = S/Pa

Base Case: Given a 1 - 1 LyLo (two pairs of Lovers, one of which has scum in it), the chance that Town will win is the chance of lynching a member of the scum pair, or 1/2.

This is 1 - 1/2 = 1/2.

Given that the rule holds for S scum and PA players, it is necessary to show that it holds for S scum and PA+1.
P(Town win,S,PA+1) = (S/(Pa+1))(P(Town win,S-1,Pa)) + ((Pa+1-S)/(Pa+1))(P(Town win,S,Pa))
=(S/(Pa+1))(Pa-(S-1))/(Pa) + ((Pa+1-S)/(Pa+1))((Pa-S)/Pa)
=(SPa - S2 + S + Pa2 - SPa + Pa - S - SPa + S2)/(Pa(Pa+1))
=(Pa2 + Pa - SPa)/(Pa(Pa+1))
=(Pa+1-S)/(Pa+1)

...which is precisely the original formula, with (Pa+1) swapped in for Pa. Thus completes the proof.

Letting P(Town win) = 1/2), this means:

1/2 = (Pa-S)/Pa
Pa/2 = Pa - S
S = Pa/2

Hence, this setup has a 50% chance of either side winning.

There are few things we need to clarify first.

Rules:
  1. All former rules that applied in LS games are said hard rules. A violation of them, however, will end with the game to be terminated as it will not prove the above rule correctly. I will also make sure that it is enforced that you will not be able to play ANY games of osu! Mafia for a pretty long time. I mean it.
  2. This is an Open Setup game. It will consist of 2 Mafia Lovers and 6 Town Lovers. Lovers are divided into four pairs. Both scum are individually paired with a town player.
  3. This is a Nightless setup. There is no night phase so there is no fear that town will be killed at night. However, I'll will give a certain time break once day ends. This may range from an hour to a day.
  4. Mafia will get a QuickTopic with both of them and Lovers will get a QuickTopic. Also Town Lovers will not know their Lovers alignment.
Role PMs:

Mafia Lover

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Lover, along with your mafia partner, [Player Name]. You are also a Lover with [Player Name].

Abilities:

Factional communication: At any time during the game you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].
Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [Quicktopic link].

Win condition:

You win when you control 50% of the town.
Town Lover

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Lover.

Abilities:

Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
You do not know your partner's alignment.
Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [Quicktopic link].

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Players:

1. LunaticMara
  2. FisHie - Revenged killed D2.
  3. JInxyjem - Lynched D1.
  4. Rantai
  5. Backfire
  6. KRZY - Lynched D3.
  7. animask - Lynched D2.
  8. DeathxShinigami - Suicide D1.
Links:

Day 1 Start!
Night 1 / Day 2 Start!
Night 2 Start!
Day 3 Start!

Notes:

Oh right, to also prevent bias, I will not be the person who will allocate the roles. It will be my brother who doesn't know anyone here or what Mafia is. It will be chosen by the order of which you signup, the number will then be taken and I will say "Choose two numbers who will be Mafia." The Mafia and Town Lovers will be linked together by whatever number he decides to link together.
Mara
in
FisHie_old
in
Jinxy
So if your lover is an opposing faction, only one of you can win and the other is destined to lose?
And mafia only wins if every other town pairing dies?

But that's not relevant because /in
Topic Starter
Lilac
Mafia wins by controlling 50% of the votes.

As Town, sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself for the greater good.
Jinxy
Could you guys like make your avatars more easily identified?

Maybe make one upside-down or some thing
Mara
Don't copy us. KTHX
Rantai
Mmk.

Sure why not.
FisHie_old
We've got half of the players now.
Backfire
I wanna play.
KRZY
in
Sleep Powder
/in
DeathxShinigami
Am I allowed to play again? Or am I still banned?
Wojjan
sure

also dxs please play when you're joining
Topic Starter
Lilac
From now.

A bit earlier than planned but oh well!
DeathxShinigami
Yeah, confirm.
Backfire
Confirm.
Rantai
Confirm
Topic Starter
Lilac
Ehh, 3 out of 8 confirmed, we can start.

Psyche!
Jinxy
4th
show more