forum

Touhou PyP Mafia [GAME OVER - Town wins!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Welcome to Touhou PyP Mafia! :) I'll be hosting this game along with Lilac.

Setup:

This is a PyP (pick your poison, or pick your path) mafia. When signing up, you must PM me with the names of three Touhou characters you want to be, ordered from most preferred to least preferred. After signups are over, you will receive one of those three roles. Please make sure to send your PM in as soon as possible~

Note: If you're not familiar with Touhou, you don't have to send in a PM, and I'll pick a character for you.

Rules:

Copy-pasted from LS's games:

RULES
General

1. Unless otherwise stated in your Role PM, this game takes place in this thread only - do not discuss it anywhere else. Doing so will get you modkilled or immediately replaced, depending on the severity of the offence. (This is important for mafia games.)

2. Do not quote any PM, part or whole, you receive from the Mod. This includes fake or erroneous quoting. Breaking this rule will get you modkilled. However, you may claim any role you please, and explain the powers in any way you please.

3. If you believe I've made an error as the mod, send me a PM. Please do not post about such things in the thread. If you have anything else you need me to read or address, post something like this - "Mod: You're the best."

4. A player who is modkilled will lose the game, regardless of whether their team mates eventually win.

5. Omitted.

Voting, Lynching and Deaths

6. Any voting action must be bolded - Vote: destructor, etc.

7. You may vote to end the day without a lynch by voting No Lynch.

8. Voting is back to the normal system.

9. A lynch occurs when a player has an absolute majority of votes on them.

10. At deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. In the event of a draw, the player who had the most votes before being tied will be lynched.

11. Once a lynch occurs the Day is considered to be over. Please, please, PLEASE do not post again until the next Day begins, especially if you are the player who was just lynched. (I accept talking beforehand as long as I haven't posted the lynch scene yet.)

12. On death, a player's role will be revealed.

13. A modkill will end the Day.

14. Once a player is dead, they cannot contribute any more to the game. They are not to post anything. (I'll accept a simple Bah! or Go Town!)

Activity

15. Please treat this game as a commitment.

16. Day 1 will be 5 IRL days - I will adjust the day length after that as I see fit.

17. If a player has not posted in 24 hours, I will prod them if requested to do so. That is, it's up to you to ask me to prod a certain player.

17b. Don't make me prod someone. As in, post once every 24 hours. If you have nothing to say, say "I'm here." I will be much more strict with prods than normal.

18. Prods must be responded to in thread.

19. A player who doesn't respond to their prod will be replaced or modkilled.

20. If you are going to be unable to post for over 24 hours, leave me a note in thread. As long as I am personally given notice, you will not be prodded.

Conduct

21. Be courteous and respectful to your fellow players.

22. Blatantly antisocial and offensive behaviour or personal attacks will be grounds for replacement at my own discretion.

23. Finally, Mafia is for fun, so enjoy yourself.

24. If you've noticed I've missed something, feel free to ask me about it.

25. I reserve the right to change these rules.

Living Players:

1. Lybydose
10. Rolled
11. 0_o Kiddo-kun DeathxShinigami
13. Wojjan
14. bmin11
17. Gabi Backfire

Replacements: none

Dead players:

2. Quaraezha - Kirisame Marisa - Town Lover+1-shot Strongman - Lynched D1
8. animask - Alice Margatroid - Mafia Lover - Role-required death D1
6. Two - Murasa Minamitsu - Bus Driver - Nightkilled N1
7. Mashley - Patchouli Knowledge - Hider - Nightkilled N1
5. Chris - Unnamed Giant Catfish - Mafia 2-shot Strongman - Lynched D2
4. JInxyjem - Mystia Lorelei - Mafia Roleblocker - Lynched D3
9. LadySuburu - Cirno - Mason+9% Vigilante - Nightkilled N3
15. Raging Bull - Fujiwara no Mokou - Lyncher - Nightkilled N3
16. Salvage - Hijiri Byakuren - Mafia goon - Lynched D4
12. akrolsmir - Houraisan Kaguya - Lyncher - Nightkilled N4
3. Rantai - Konpaku Youmu - Seraph Knight - Nightkilled N4
18. KRZY - Himekaidou Hatate -Mafia Voyeur - Lynched D5

Links:

Day 1: viewtopic.php?p=1042329#p1042329
Day 2: viewtopic.php?p=1052297#p1052297
Day 3: viewtopic.php?p=1059356#p1059356
Day 4: viewtopic.php?p=1062492#p1062492
Day 5: viewtopic.php?p=1064150#p1064150
Lybydose
hi
Sleep Powder
I might as well sign up for this. I wonder which character is the Jester.
Lilac
Co-Host's Corner.

Oh well, writing up scenarios and stuff now. I will be in charge of the storytelling, constant updating of votecounts (at least every page) and certain role description and balancing. I will also answer mod questions in regards to flavor and role questions.

EDIT: You can send anything either to me or pieguy.

Man, D1's gonna have a long post. Really long post... And wow, 18 people have signed up. It's gonna be a blast guys, especially when there's a ton of people playing. I'll be sure to make this good. ^_^

I won't be very active since I'm currently to and from a work experience job but I'll be looking at the thread.
Rantai
In :D
Jinxy

Can't resist...

...Well, since posts are only in-thread...

in.
0_o
Not in this time, but giving players their first preference on a first-come-first-served basis may not be a good idea. Say the third person to sign up picks the same person as the first or second: if that person gets their second choice then they would know that either the first or second player chose their #1 pick.

Even if the last person to sign up doesn't get their #1 choice, they know that whoever they picked for #1 is in the game.

Just thought I'd point it out; that's why I made all preferences equal in my game.
Chris_old
if it's closed setup I'm in
Lilac
Of course it's closed setup...

That could be the case 0_o, but in this flavour anything goes really with most characters. It wouldn't matter to much of who you know gets chosen because you don't know the role nor the alignment, you just know that they exist in the game.

However we will discuss this further and might consider to have no preference whatsoever.
Two_old
I will play
Mashley
In, but I know fuck all about touhou so give me whatever part
Quaraezha
Sign me up.
LadySuburu
/in
Rolled
fiiiiiiiine i'll do it. fucking hate touhou
Topic Starter
pieguyn

0_o wrote:

Not in this time, but giving players their first preference on a first-come-first-served basis may not be a good idea. Say the third person to sign up picks the same person as the first or second: if that person gets their second choice then they would know that either the first or second player chose their #1 pick.

Even if the last person to sign up doesn't get their #1 choice, they know that whoever they picked for #1 is in the game.

Just thought I'd point it out; that's why I made all preferences equal in my game.
well, that's a good point o.o

We might change this before the game starts. (Thanks for pointing it out :P)
Rolled
I strongly agree with faceman's point, for the record.
LadySuburu

Rolled wrote:

I strongly agree with faceman's point, for the record.
This.

So hopefully if someone sniped my character I get it anyway. <.<
Chris_old
This should be interesting. ^_^
Two_old
no one picked any of my characters

/wifom
0_o
ok you know what

/join

I am so irresponsible
show more