forum

"Beatmap or audio could't be loaded successfully".

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
diggeh
Okay, I've tried saving the .osu files into the Songs folder and such, but nothing I do works.

They save as folders, and everything seems to be working, yet this message repeatedly appears.

Please help me.
awp

diggeh wrote:

Okay, I've tried saving the .osu files
.osu files? You should be saving .osz files.

And the .osz files should not be changed in any way (such as unzipping them. Don't unzip them.)

Download a .osz file, and stick that into your songs folder.

osu!/songs/thissong.osz == correct

Load osu! and it'll do the work from there on out.
chan
My guess is that you need to download the .osz file. This contains both the .osu and required .mp3 file. If you think you already have the necessary .mp3 file somewhere on your computer, you can copy it to the relevant song folder. You will probably need to rename the .mp3 file to match the audio file listed in the .osu file (open the .osu file in notepad to check this).

I'm at work at the moment, so I can't verify this, but I hope this solves your problem! Let us know if it does/doesn't-
eyup
Yup, chan has got it spot on - you need to download the whole archive (called an osz) otherwise osu! chucks a WTF back at you.
awp
oh and I suppose I was completely off

jerks >=L
eyup

awp wrote:

oh and I suppose I was completely off

jerks >=L
sorry doodette, posting replies during work results in anger-inducing/derogatory/nonsensical/stupid messages on my part. My bad.
awp
posting replies during work results in sheer paranoia over here
chan

awp wrote:

posting replies during work results in sheer paranoia over here
Heh, go low supervision student vacation government jobs! But yeah, an awful lot of alt-tab action happening when I post.
awp
I have very low supervision as well...but if anything detrimental happens during this work term, it can easily forecast me being "conditionally fucked out of my degree".
eyup
At work there are these chest-high (chest-low, really) cubical walls so it's really easy to look over and see what other people are doing. I used to have my desk at the far corner next to some high level manager who was always at meetings so that was sweet, but then I got moved into the middle and ever since then I've been typing with the mouse positioned over the red X in the top corner...

Moving offices again tomorrow, hope that works out better.
awp
At my first desk job I spent half the shifts on "afternoon shift" which was 4-11pm and that was amazing because I would be a perfect employee and stay dedicated to my work for the first two hours until everyone had gone home and then I'd have five hours to play DS and watch internet TV and whatnot, taking at most four phone calls a night. I loved those shifts.
chan
I think they blocked internet tv at my place of work, but I'm not sure I want to be caught watching anything here.

Uni is a whole different story though. The library offers free internet access to wikipedia and google, and they haven't blocked google video yet, so I frequently watch whatever clips I can on google video if I'm waiting for people.
eyup
Your uni is tightass. At mine, pretty much nothing is blocked except the most obviously dodgy sites. I've been Youtubing away at uni for a while now - saves bandwidth at home :D