forum

Rate the Mapping Technique - Nominations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Since there's a new sub-forum now (Thanks Echo!), I decided that instead of posting nominations in the threads, they can be posted here. :)

In order to nominate a technique, you must have and post:
  1. (Optional) A name for the technique (it can be an official name or one you make up)
  2. An accurate description of the technique (or alternatively, a screenshot of the technique)
  3. A link to atleast 2 ranked maps that have the technique. (The specific point in the map would help too)
PLEASE! Bold the name of the nomination so it is easier for us to notice!

Please only nominate one technique at a time (can't have 2 techniques nominated by the same person in a row.)

Current Nominations:
49. Differential Stacks
50. Krisom-Krosses
51. Spiral Slider
52. Compressed Streams
53. Double Spinners

Nominations with Not Enough Ranked Examples:
54. Step-Too-Fars
55. Spider Sliders

Already Rated
1. Back and Forth Beats
2. Mirrored Sliders
3. "Half-Backing"
4. Etna Sliders
5. Reverse Zig-Zag Sliders
6. Triangle Beats
7. Short Repeating Sliders
8. Spacing Out (Patternmap)
9. The Kickstream
10. Blanket Combos
11. Zig-Zag Sliders (the normal kind)
12. Segment Sliders
13. ztrot Spacing
14. Accelerated Spacing
15. Anti-Jumps (SeibeiStyle)
15.5. Anti-Jumps
16. Flower Combo
17. Rainbow Sliders
18. Deathstreams
19. Orbital Sliders
20. Slider Art
21. Triplet Streams
22. Back-and-Forth v2
23. Slider Trains
24. Parallel Sliders
25. Windmill Sliders
26. Wave Sliders
27. Zig-Zag Streams
28. Square Formations
28.5. Square Formations v2
29. Switch-Back Sliders
30. Honeycomb Beats
31. Back-&-Forth Beats v3
32. Oibon Jumps
33. Post-Spinner Note
34. Cutting Sliders
35. Hooooooold Sliders
36. Tricky Triple Combo
37. Double Stacks
38. Tick-Hitsounds
39. Crumpled Sliders
40. Divebomb Combos
41. Pre-Spinner Notes
42. QQ Diamonds
43. Tornado Combos
44. Central Anti-Jumps
45. Star Formations
46. Drain Sections
47. End-Cutter Sliders
48. Endpoint Slider Jumps
Xgor
Either you missed my suggestion or you thought it sucked but i post it again if it was becuse you missed it

Segment sliders

This technique is many sliders on a row (this technique is often used with Etna sliders) and when a slider ends the next slider is placed there.

0:46:612 on Marisa wa Taihen na Mono wo Nusunde Ikimashita [Normal] is a good example of that :)
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
kingcobra52

Xgor wrote:

Either you missed my suggestion or you thought it sucked but i post it again if it was becuse you missed it
You're right. I remember seeing it, but I forgot to add it. Sorry about that.
Gabi
im not sure if this is a clear picture but

Accelerated Spacing

The distans space between notes become further and further for every note on the time line. you can compare the red lines.

Amane - The Rain Came Pouring Down
Seibei4211
Anti-jumps.

FFFanatic style:

And then the kind I sometimes use:

0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

MegaManEXE

0_o wrote:

I don't think there any point in nominating Blanket Combos since there really isn't any reason for anyone not to like them. Basically it'll be a bunch of 4's and 5's and comments on how professional and nice looking it is.

Also, another nomination

Flower Combo
Basically a combo shaped like this
_1_2
6_7_3
_5_4
or something similar (will get screenshot and example later today)
Alace's Hyper in Marie Antoinette
James' Bad Apple

etc.
Behon
Two both used in Don't Stop Me Now, both involving sliders. The first is sort of "nesting" a circle in the curves of a slider:

And sliders sort of curving into each other:
0_o

Behonkiss wrote:

Two both used in Don't Stop Me Now, both involving sliders.
pics
Current Nominations:
Blanket Combos
mm201
Oh, sorry. Nominations have their own thread now.

MetalMario201 wrote:

I'd like to nominate Rainbow Sliders.

This is the name I give to the large, arc-shaped sliders which generally take up one half of the screen. Best used in places with long, climactic, held notes, sort of like spinners.

These are seen in 3oh!3 - Starstrukk and Dialga Palkia Battle, among other places. Very popular in EBA.
Pasonia
NoHitter
I'd like to nominate this:

DJPop-Streams
- incredible long streams made of a combination of all kinds of sliders/hit circles.

Hatsune Miku- Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu
MegaManEXE
NoHitter

MegaManEXE wrote:

NoHItter wrote:

I'd like to nominate this:

Mega DJPop Streams
- incredible long streams made of a combination of all kinds of sliders/hit circles.
Fixed that for you
Fixed
Card N'FoRcE
It noticed when playing IKU - Ko no Me Kaze, but many other ranked maps have this kind of "mapping technique".
It consists of two (usually) mirrored sliders with a beat in between. Sliders may also have other shapes than curved.

(i took this screen at 0:24:112 of the map linked above)

(i took this at 0:49:910 of Gojou Kai - Border of Life )

Sorry, i don't know what kind of name to give it >.<

awp
Given that the hitcircle acts as the origin or central focus of the pattern, and the sliders float around it in orbit like some kind of orbital slider electrons, I'd call it...

also Mega DJPop Deathstreams - still, deathstreams would be an interesting topic, you'd get some good discussion/controversy/flaming/polar opposite arguments going on with that one. Like faceman said, Blanket Sliders would be a mass of 4s, 5s, and general praise since they're delightful and artistic in a good way.
mm201

Pasonia wrote:

^

I thought the above is a common sight in the original games?

MetalMario201 wrote:

Very popular in EBA.
Ouendan1's variations tend to be more boomerang-shaped, whereas Ouendan2 likes to use closer to complete circles.

@awp: I use Orbital Electron Sliders all the time. Sort of a Blanket meets Mirror type thing.
Shinxyn
"Slider Art"
They're mostly pretty, but sometimes seems like its very hard to follow during play, so I wonder if players like how they're more focused on looks rather than how it plays.

Examples-
Hatsune Miku - Shooting Star Hard to follow

Megurine Luka- Just Be FriendsThe Common Heart shape, does it appeal?

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You (not yet ranked) Even Letters/Words
0_o
show more