forum

Abney Park - Airship Pirate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Bumping since this seemed to slip right under everybody's radar. It was already on the third page! :o
Agent BA8 Rookbie
As I said in MP, the map starts a bit suddenly, try adding a Countdown.
Either way, great song, great map. Normal pwnage from Blue. Just because you haven't listened to it, doesn't mean you should download it! It's not all about J-Pop and Video Game music ya know. Expand your horizons people!
CheeseWarlock
My only complaint is that Deckhand should be longer. And I'd prefer if all the modes went right to the end of the song, but I know some people would say that's pushing it in terms of song length.

Awesome song, though. I'll have to check these guys out.

Download: nomico - Bad Apple!! (ignorethis) [Insane].osu
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

CheeseWarlock wrote:

My only complaint is that Deckhand should be longer. And I'd prefer if all the modes went right to the end of the song, but I know some people would say that's pushing it in terms of song length.
No, you're right. It's not fair to give them only half a song. Deckhand is now extended!

And if you want to check out Abney Park, my sig provides easy access to their MySpace. 8-)
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Oh, wow, I haven't been on in forever. Then again, college happened, so I've been kind of busy.

I can has revive?
CheeseWarlock
I liked this map. You can has revive. If you're even alive, still. :<
mm201
Played Captain, and it's looking good. My only issue would be that the hitsounds are sort of too loud, and make it hard to hear the lyrics, which everything is synched to, making me spamclick a lot. Soft noises would suit this level quite well. That or just lower the volume. :P

Also, everything was kind of square or in straight lines, which is a bit predictable for an insane level.

Catchy tune. :)

Sort-of-like-an-edit-but-isn't-actually-an-edit edit:
Deckhand:
  1. 00:46:87 (1) - Feels like it should be longer by a 1/4.
  2. 00:47:92 (2,1) - Spacing. Move further apart.
  3. 01:24:97 (1) and 01:27:37 (1) - I see that these are mapping to the first word of each line, but it still feels too odd for an easy level. I'd suggest shortening them by a 1/4 by moving their beginnings ahead.
  4. 02:09-02:37 - There's a huge void of no notes here which is probably supposed to be a break.
  5. 03:00:22 (3,1) - Spacing. Move further apart.
  6. 03:03:52 (2,3) - Spacing. Move closer together.
The other difficulties look clean, but I haven't gone over them too closely.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I liked this map. You can has revive. If you're even alive, still. :<
Yeah, I'm still alive. Just busy as hell. :(

@MetalMario201: Thanks for the feedback! I changed the sounds to Soft and fixed Deckhand difficulty. As for Captain, well, I guess it would be closer to Very Hard instead of Insane. So I think I'll leave it as is unless somebody finds some serious problems with it.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Bumped, because the upload and bump thing doesn't seem to want to work for me.
MaxwellDemon
Deckhand:
It feels like you were follow the drums at first, and swapped to lyrics in the middle of the song, then back again. And to be honest, the map sounds a lot better following just the drums.

01:57:22 (2) - Sounds better having it repeat at every half beat instead (repeating at 01:57:52 and 01:57:82)
01:59:02 (1) - *laughs at long spinner*... though it is the only way to map that. XD
01:58:42 (3) - End earlier?
02:08:62 (x) - Long break is long
03:11:62 (5) - Seperate this slider into a beat at 03:11:62, then a 1/4 beat repeating slider from 03:11:92 to 03:12:52

Other than that, very nice map. :P
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Bumped for great justice
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25
Huh, even though this isn't in the graveyard anymore, osu! sees it as being in the graveyard whenever I try to update it. So I'm going to have to bump like this for now.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

BluePaladin25 wrote:

Huh, even though this isn't in the graveyard anymore, osu! sees it as being in the graveyard whenever I try to update it. So I'm going to have to bump like this for now.
And again.
Topic Starter
BluePaladin25

BluePaladin25 wrote:

It's still like this, and it's showing it in the graveyard on my profile page too. Not fun.
mm201
Looks like its revive might have been botched. (Like, moving the thread without updating the database?) You should get peppy to help.