forum

WAKAKO - Give Me All Your Love -Bumped (08/20/08)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
P-Drogan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on August 20, 2008 at 10:42:23 PM

Artist: WAKAKO
Title: Give Me All Your Love
BPM: 145
Filesize: 9529kb
Play Time: 03:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.37 stars, 197 notes)
  2. Normal (3.81 stars, 270 notes)
  3. Hard (4.44 stars, 356 notes)
  4. Ultimate (4.91 stars, 501 notes)
Download: WAKAKO - Give Me All Your Love
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
From TWEWY OST
Artwork by Mike Inel

Update1:
-Altered some beats and timing on hard and insane
-Normal and Easy added

Update 2:
-Shorten some spnners in hard and insane
-some sound had changed on insane
-Added and removed some beats on insane

Update 3:
-too many fixes to count (see Awp's first post)

Update 4:
-Shiki-locked the Map (using Awp's OEWY skin)
-spacing improvements on insane

Update 5:
-Changed insane's name to Ultimate
-Increased drain rate in ultimate by 2
-storyboarded the ending
-fixed one of easy's beats

Update 6:
-Added more OEWY stuff in the song
-Fixed sound problem on diffuculties other than ultimate

Update 7:
-added custom colours to easy and normal

Update 8:
-Refreshed normal and easy, hopefully, they're ok now.
-Removed the "Clusterfuck" in hard and ultimate
-made easy mode's circle larger
-fixed colour problem on hard

Update 9:
-Fixed some parts on easy and normal

Update 10:
-Made hard easier, but circle size decreased by 1
-Removed some spinners in hard and ultimate
-Lowered sampe volume and made the map less abusive with whistles and finishes
-Changed offset to 400 (personally, I thought 380 was ok)
-Decreased hard's drain and overall difficulty by 1

Update 11:
Improved much of hard, normal and easy's beats

Update 12:
Removed the Slider-that-came-out-of-no-where in Ultimate

Update 13:
-Nerfed Hard a bit more
-Buffed Ultimate a bit more.

Update 14:
-Numerous changes to normal, hard and ultimate.

Feedbacks are always welcome.
awp
Easy:
Break the + from D+B into two sliders.
01:36:79 (1) - note's a bit far from the slider tail before it. Move the slider perhaps to make the jump a little more intuitive.
01:56:44 (12) - Make this one start a half-beat later imo. Flow feels a little disrupted on the half.
02:41:96 (2) - Argh this note needs to move somewhere maybe because the patterns are really making me expect it to come a half-note earlier.
03:26:44 (1) - eh, this feels KIND of out of place. I don't see any significance of it, tbqh
03:30:58 (1,2) - Cool, but really unnecessary. You've got the D+B sliders, and the general rule of thumb is to have only one themed slider per difficulty, otherwise it becomes excessive and, in cases like this, boring. There's nearly 30 seconds of long sliders before things get mixed up again, and it's a little boring if you ask me.

Normal:
03:14:03 (0) - 400ms spinner recovery time is the kind of thing I reserve for Hard/Insane beatmaps. You might want to, too =<
03:19:00 (5) - oh gawd this throws me off; it does not feel too normal. Might want to reverse it, idk.
03:26:44 (9) - Again, the slider bits.

Hard:
03:28:51 (1) - Actually, keep these here. They do well.
03:47:13 (2) - But not here D=

Insane:
01:50:86 (1) - Overlapping sliders is baaaad D= You can't really see it coming, to be fair. Shift it to the left a bit.
Wings again, just use one of em? And if you can make it fall on a black combo <3

Hard and Insane had a very enjoyable feel to them. And, like I briefly mentioned on irc, Insane has an awpish feel to it - which, I guess, you could take as a compliment <3
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

awp wrote:

Easy:
Break the + from D+B into two sliders.
01:36:79 (1) - note's a bit far from the slider tail before it. Move the slider perhaps to make the jump a little more intuitive.
01:56:44 (12) - Make this one start a half-beat later imo. Flow feels a little disrupted on the half.
02:41:96 (2) - Argh this note needs to move somewhere maybe because the patterns are really making me expect it to come a half-note earlier.
03:26:44 (1) - eh, this feels KIND of out of place. I don't see any significance of it, tbqh
03:30:58 (1,2) - Cool, but really unnecessary. You've got the D+B sliders, and the general rule of thumb is to have only one themed slider per difficulty, otherwise it becomes excessive and, in cases like this, boring. There's nearly 30 seconds of long sliders before things get mixed up again, and it's a little boring if you ask me.

Normal:
03:14:03 (0) - 400ms spinner recovery time is the kind of thing I reserve for Hard/Insane beatmaps. You might want to, too =<
03:19:00 (5) - oh gawd this throws me off; it does not feel too normal. Might want to reverse it, idk.
03:26:44 (9) - Again, the slider bits.

Hard:
03:28:51 (1) - Actually, keep these here. They do well.
03:47:13 (2) - But not here D=

Insane:
01:50:86 (1) - Overlapping sliders is baaaad D= You can't really see it coming, to be fair. Shift it to the left a bit.
Wings again, just use one of em? And if you can make it fall on a black combo <3

Hard and Insane had a very enjoyable feel to them. And, like I briefly mentioned on irc, Insane has an awpish feel to it - which, I guess, you could take as a compliment <3
done as you've asked. and thanks (i tried to get similar tastes with your utimates).
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Only thing this needs now is the same skin awp used for his TWEWY maps. Otherwise, this is now fully rankable. Nicely done!
awp
I'm pretty sure I gave him permission to use tidbits from the TWEWY skin.

At any rate, this isn't ranked because I have a terrible memory and have been busy. Hopefully I'll get it tonight, but no promises.
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

awp wrote:

I'm pretty sure I gave him permission to use tidbits from the TWEWY skin.

At any rate, this isn't ranked because I have a terrible memory and have been busy. Hopefully I'll get it tonight, but no promises.
I did use your skin, but, i chose not to add the circles (so that people can still use their favorite skin regardless of other affected files) and the spinners (it didn't turned out right with the spinner sound)
edit: I also needed the shiki-only 300,100,50s

EDIT2: I changed my mind, but the spinner sound and the sliders still didn't work too well for my map
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Could you add the custom colors to Easy and Normal as well? =D
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

Could you add the custom colors to Easy and Normal as well? =D
done. :D
awp
Close, but to be a hard-ass I don't think it's quite close enough? Time for me to nit-pick the things I overlooked last time.

Easy:
03:54:79 (0) - you can probably take this out. Easy map, yeah?
03:40:51 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - The pattern here can be followed, but to tell you the truth I can't figure out what it's going to, or what it's trying to do. This sounds a bit like a random pattern (excuse the oxymoronic description).

Normal:
Break the + from D+B into two sliders. I probably should have mentioned this should be done for ALL difficulties, sorry.
Beatspacing is something of airman proportions. Might need to review it once again, and adjust a few bits where necessary.

My biggest gripe for Easy and Normal is the patterns used. They don't seem to be very consistent (something I was horribly guilty of when I first started mapping) and they don't really credit the song all that well.

Fortunately, you seem to have taken care of that in Hard and Ultimate. 03:03:48 (4,5,1,2,3) is a bit of a clusterfuck but other than that they're both great. As for the clusterfuck itself, I wouldn't say you HAD to do anything to it, but if you could make it a little clearer (maybe use hitcircles only?) then superb. And 03:53:55 (1,2,3,1,2,3) is lol; I used a very similar pattern in Long Dream's Crush The Noise and it'll probably throw Saturos off hardcore (because the order is slightly different).

I'd like to get another opinion on Easy and Normal, though. Easy especially feels like a bit much for an ez mode. Normal's normal enough (easy to clear) but like I said I don't agree with the patterns (or dare I say lack thereof). Ho, hum. Too much of a softie (lol) to star this, considering Hard and Ultimate are good and Normal is close enough.
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

awp wrote:

Close, but to be a hard-ass I don't think it's quite close enough? Time for me to nit-pick the things I overlooked last time.

Easy:
03:54:79 (0) - you can probably take this out. Easy map, yeah?
03:40:51 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - The pattern here can be followed, but to tell you the truth I can't figure out what it's going to, or what it's trying to do. This sounds a bit like a random pattern (excuse the oxymoronic description).

Normal:
Break the + from D+B into two sliders. I probably should have mentioned this should be done for ALL difficulties, sorry.
Beatspacing is something of airman proportions. Might need to review it once again, and adjust a few bits where necessary.

My biggest gripe for Easy and Normal is the patterns used. They don't seem to be very consistent (something I was horribly guilty of when I first started mapping) and they don't really credit the song all that well.

Fortunately, you seem to have taken care of that in Hard and Ultimate. 03:03:48 (4,5,1,2,3) is a bit of a clusterfuck but other than that they're both great. As for the clusterfuck itself, I wouldn't say you HAD to do anything to it, but if you could make it a little clearer (maybe use hitcircles only?) then superb. And 03:53:55 (1,2,3,1,2,3) is lol; I used a very similar pattern in Long Dream's Crush The Noise and it'll probably throw Saturos off hardcore (because the order is slightly different).

I'd like to get another opinion on Easy and Normal, though. Easy especially feels like a bit much for an ez mode. Normal's normal enough (easy to clear) but like I said I don't agree with the patterns (or dare I say lack thereof). Ho, hum. Too much of a softie (lol) to star this, considering Hard and Ultimate are good and Normal is close enough.
*huff* fixed hard and ultimate.
Am I doing it right on normal and easy?
awp
I didn't see any updates for Normal?

Anyhow, Easy is much better. The timing on a good 75% of the map feels better now. Of course, you introduced a minor problem: 03:21:48 (1,2) - these two notes, for example, are partially off the screen. There's a couple more after that, but they're easy to spot and fix, so don't fret.

But, I'd like you to try something. Go to approximately 1:18:17 in the editor, turn off your monitor, and then hit spacebar. This'll just make it play through the song (make sure irc is minimized).

Seriously, give it a try. My post isn't going anywhere.

Listen to the notes. It sounds good, yes? Yes, it does.

Until about 35 seconds after you start. I want to pick on the section starting at 01:53:55 specifically. It just doesn't really sound like it's going to anything. There are 3/4 beat sliders, and they sound pretty ugly compared to everything else. Try revising the pattern here to compliment the song a bit more.
Topic Starter
P-Drogan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Offset 400ms is a lot better, so change them all please.

I find hard WAY too hard and confusing - too many note overlaps!! Here's a brief sample of things that are bad:

Hard:
01:19:84 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - too hard - keep to insane
01:26:98 (1,2,1,4,5) - overlapping aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
01:38:67 (2,3,4) - minor spacing inconsistency
01:41:57 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) - AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
03:20:26 (0) - spinner too short for me
03:52:53 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - chaos

Can't hear the song over the sample noises - decrease volume and lay off the whistle/finish.
Too many spinners in my opinion. I swear, if i actually tried to play this song my hand would fall off.

I can't approve of this as it is so demoting to a star. Whoever bubbled this please talk with me :/.
Topic Starter
P-Drogan

peppy wrote:

Offset 400ms is a lot better, so change them all please.

I find hard WAY too hard and confusing - too many note overlaps!! Here's a brief sample of things that are bad:

Hard:
01:19:84 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - too hard - keep to insane
01:26:98 (1,2,1,4,5) - overlapping aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
01:38:67 (2,3,4) - minor spacing inconsistency
01:41:57 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) - AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
03:20:26 (0) - spinner too short for me
03:52:53 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - chaos

Can't hear the song over the sample noises - decrease volume and lay off the whistle/finish.
Too many spinners in my opinion. I swear, if i actually tried to play this song my hand would fall off.

I can't approve of this as it is so demoting to a star. Whoever bubbled this please talk with me :/.
done, i've made hard less hard, any more to point out?
EDIT: made hard less hard even more
machol30
MAN!! I really wanted to map this! :( Oh well... I still got a few more twewy songs to map. :P STAY BACK, AWP!!! >_>

Anyways, this goes on my incredibly long list of beatmaps to mod (like 15 on the list at the moment).
Magmabear
WHY IS THIS NOT A RANKED BEATMAP????
Dude has been working his butt off and nobody is making this really cool beatmap approved???
APPROVE IT
NOW!
Zerostarry
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Magmabear
Well, dang.
That sucks. Sorry for yelling and stuff. I thought that you guys just forgot.
Stupid me XP

BTW, where'd you get that comment with the one with the Blind woman and the dead dog?
awp
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.