forum

Haddaway - What is Love

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wiicademan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
BPM's a tiny bit off. Go for 123.80. Slider tick rate sounds kinda bad at 4, so I'd say go with 2.

00:37:63 (1) - being a beat and a quarter makes this note sound a little funny. As a solid 1-2-3 whole-beat it doesn't break the flow. Again, at 01:24:15 (1). At the pattern starting from 2:51:39, it sounds like every note except for the 3 in each combo is an eighth-beat ahead of what it should be. It's a very minor difference, but noticeable if you go over that section like a thousand times.

Also ty for doing this beatmap.
Topic Starter
wiicademan
You're welcome. =P

It really amazes me that nobody's done this song yet. The song is like, infamous.

Are you sure the BPM is off? Putting it at 123.80 sounds very, very off to me. Maybe my options are messed up or something. I'm putting it at 123.86 for now, anyway.

But I did fix the sliders you mentioned. And the slider tick being two surprisingly sounds a lot better.
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Added an easy level.

BPM analyzer confirms that the BPM is 123.86. I don't know how accurate it is, but I think I can trust it because it's the same number that I got.
RemmyX25
EDIT: Finally played this. I loved it! Timing is just about right, and the overall design is wonderful.
spirus
i dont had any problem with the timing, the beats are great. i think the 2 sequences of 3 beats in the beggin useless(Normal).Great map, congratulatios.
Rolled
I'm going to have to confirm that the current BPM is fine too. If anything, I think 123.85 sounds better @ .25x towards the end of the song, but that will hardly make a difference and it just depends on how you judge the metronome.

This was just a quick timing check. I'll mod the whole song maybe a little later. Swamped with hw atm.
YourAverageJoe_old
I checked the beat out just for a bit, and it does sound better at 123.85 than 123.80.

Great song, pretty cool beatmap, though I think that it desperately needs a video, to complete the image.
Topic Starter
wiicademan
K. I added the music video for the song, although it disturbed me.

Also, I just realized that it's spelled "Haddaway" and not "Hadaway", but changing the title messes up the osu submission thingy, so... yeah/
awp
It's no problem for us to harass peppy to delete a duplicate; it happens all the time. Better delete a dupe than to rank something that's incorrect, m'yes?
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Apparently, the beatmap submission thingy is broken. When I tried 4 times to upload the map with the name "haddaway" it looked like it worked, until it posted and a firefox window popped up saying "The requested topic does not exist."

Edit: I asked peppy about it, and he fixed it. Thanks peppy!
LuigiHann
01:21:95 (4) - I think this would look better as the start of the blue combo. Not a big deal.
02:30:25 (2) - (and similar) For some reason these aren't always intuitive, to tap notes at the end of "ooh." Maybe just extend the slider to end there.

Other than those, it seems pretty solid. Easy is okay, although I might suggest having it end early, around the 2 minute mark even, because it isn't as interesting as Normal. I'll star for now.
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Kay. Changed all that stuff. Easy ends at like 2:30 now.
LuigiHann
Mostly good. I'll bubble it soon, but I think you should make the circles a bit bigger for easy mode, and delete all the breaks and then re-place them, so they match up with the circles.

Other than that, good job :)
Topic Starter
wiicademan
Did that stuff, but when I try to re-upload, I get the following error:

I guess I'd better get to yelling at peppy about it.

EDIT: Peppy fixed it, albeit in an insulting manner. =P
LuigiHann
Bubbled.
LimeGreenTeknii
I liked this beatmap.
mtmcl
<3
MightyJordan
Hi there. Thanks very much for doing this beatmap, but just encountered a bit of a problem. I just updated to the latest version, and now the video won't load up on this beatmap. I checked a the rest of the beatmaps on my computer that have videos, and they're still working fine, it seems to have affected just this one. Weird. :?:

EDIT: Managed to sort it out. It seems the ".avi" in the video file has to be in capital letters in the beatmap. I simply changed it to ".AVI", and it's working again. :)

EDIT 2: Ahh, but it's disabled ranked scores for me. :( Could you update it, please? Thanks!