forum

Yasunori Mitsuda - Wind Scene

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 12:52:08 PM

Artist: Yasunori Mitsuda
Title: Wind Scene
Source: Chrono Trigger
Tags: middle ages 600 ad
BPM: 83.9
Filesize: 1675kb
Play Time: 01:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.66 stars, 158 notes)
  2. Insane (4.86 stars, 211 notes)
  3. Normal (2.89 stars, 105 notes)
Download: Yasunori Mitsuda - Wind Scene
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Yep. The middle ages overworld theme from Chrono Trigger.

Due to a lack of beats, I went ahead and got hard out of the way. More difficulties coming.

Enjoy!

Edit: Normal added.
Edit: Insane added.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Say...anyone interesting in making a difficulty of this? I could use some inspiration. :D

Nevermind. I'll just map and see what happens.
CaptainFlameGuy
I could try to make a difficulty for it, I like the song and all that, but I don't think it would be good. (Try my beatmap and you'll see what I mean)

(Never modded before so I don't know about the offset and that kind of things, sorry)

Seems about right to me, but

00:10:610 That seventh note is a bit too far off the sixth one. (Unless you intended to do that..)
00:21:337 Same thing as above here, fifth and sixth notes are too much apart from each other. (actually the two sliders after that are also a too far apart, getting the feeling you did this on purpose)
01:22:124 - 01:27:487 Do the sliders here really have to be that fast?
01:32:851 and 01:33:566 These two notes don't really feel necessary.

If you give me a good reason why you did those, or tweak those a bit, you'll get your star. <:

can you tell me how I did for the first time modding?
Eddycted

kingcobra52 wrote:

Say...anyone interesting in making a difficulty of this? I could use some inspiration. :D

How about... this? 8-)

Nice song, but it does get repetitive at the end.

Download: Yasunori Mitsuda - Wind Scene (kingcobra52) [Eddycted].osu
Topic Starter
kingcobra52

CaptainFlameGuy wrote:

I could try to make a difficulty for it, I like the song and all that, but I don't think it would be good. (Try my beatmap and you'll see what I mean) Tbh, I'd prefer that you'd have at least 1 ranked map so I can see that you know what you're doing. ;)

(Never modded before so I don't know about the offset and that kind of things, sorry)

Seems about right to me, but

00:10:610 That seventh note is a bit too far off the sixth one. (Unless you intended to do that..)
00:21:337 Same thing as above here, fifth and sixth notes are too much apart from each other. (actually the two sliders after that are also a too far apart, getting the feeling you did this on purpose) Yep. They're called jumps :P
01:22:124 - 01:27:487 Do the sliders here really have to be that fast? No but I needed some way to keep it from being too easy.
01:32:851 and 01:33:566 These two notes don't really feel necessary. I'll wait on a 2nd opinion for this.

If you give me a good reason why you did those, or tweak those a bit, you'll get your star. <:

can you tell me how I did for the first time modding?
You did good. Just play more maps and get a feel for what is and isn't acceptable. (besides reading the FAQ)

Eddycted wrote:

How about... this? 8-)

Nice song, but it does get repetitive at the end.
ok...but I noticed some errors such as notes beginning/ending on blue ticks and a lack of hitsounds. It also seemed like you just placed beats randomly as long as it was distance snapped.

I really appreciate your effort though. I'll just make the other difficulties and hope they turn out good. >>
aquabluu
May I suggest Kiai Time from 00:24:913 to 00:47:440? It'd be great.

Normal
All fine for me

Hard
I know about the jumps and all, but I still personally think there are too many on this difficulty. Even Insane doesn't have half as many.

Insane
You know, I really don't find many flaws here.

Nice, good quality map. Love the 0.5x speed effect for the two sliders. Starred.
Emiya Shiro_old
Amazing beatmap hope it will be released in some time, i realy want to be it as a ranked one D:
Topic Starter
kingcobra52

aquabluu wrote:

May I suggest Kiai Time from 00:24:913 to 00:47:440? It'd be great. Probably too long of a length for kiai.

Normal
All fine for me

Hard
I know about the jumps and all, but I still personally think there are too many on this difficulty. Even Insane doesn't have half as many. hard was actually my hardest difficulty at first until insane came around. Which difficulty did you enjoy more?

Insane
You know, I really don't find many flaws here.

Nice, good quality map. Love the 0.5x speed effect for the two sliders. Starred.
Thanks!
Mastodonio
Hello,modding is coming!

General:
I'd add in Tags : Crono,Marle,Robo,Lucca,Frog,Magus and Ayla
Timing seems okay,but I have suspicion that this song has more than 1 Timing Section..so I think it's better to ask someone to recheck it
I don't think that this song needs a countdown..I'd put it away
I looked on this map's colours,and I think that this would be nice if you add green and brown colours too.

Normal:
I don't think that's a good idea to put Slider Tick Rate 2..because it doesn't look right with it. STR 1 is good.
HP Drain 6 for 'Normal' diff is too high..I'd put 4 here
Slider Velocity 2,00 is too high for Normal too..1,5 is much better. Don't forget that after changing SV some sliders will become longer!
AR 5 is better here
OD 5 is better here too
01:30:705 - I'd make 1 large spinner here instead of 2 spinners.
00:39:216 - this slider looks really ugly :/
Well,this map is pretty old,so I think you should take a look at it again after you will fix some of my suggestions - and maybe you will change some slider's shapes)

Hard:
For Hard diff SV 1,8 here looks much better
I'd put HP Drain at least 6
Normal circle size doesn't look good here :/ Maybe you will put a size between Large and Normal?
00:03:459 - I don't like it's shape :/ and it overlaps with HP Drain bar btw :-(
00:17:046 - remove new combo here?
00:38:858 - this slider's shape looks ugly :/
00:39:573 - ^
01:22:124 - 01:27:130 - I don't see any changes in rhythm,so I think this 2x section is unnecessary here

Insane:
00:24:913 - the rest of this map is 2x section..actually it doesn't look good,because this song is calm and you make there so fast sliders..
I want to say that 'Insane' difficulty actuallly doesn't look good on song that have only 84 BPM..I hope that you agree with me and remove it ,but if you won't then I will mod it then.

In conclusion I should say that you have to do a lot of work to improve this map,because it's pretty old and it has to be refreshed!
Anyway,Chrono Trigger <3 Star!
I will try to finish my 'Easy' difficulty in these 2 days.
Mastodonio
Here is my Easy difficulty,as I promised - http://zalil.ru/31351950
I hope you like it...
By the way,when I mapped it I noticed that after 00:23:483 timing changes a bit,so I ask you again to tell someone experienced to recheck it!
And don't forget to add 'giorgos' in tags in all difficulties!

Edit: Since you didn't check this topic for a long time,my difficulty download link is broken now..so you can ask me to reupload my diff,when you will be ready to add it - just send pm.
Mara
Good job.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.