forum

HotCha - Party Girl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Satuna_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FolkFolk
Nice beatmap you've got here. The timing is impeccable as far as I'm concerned.

However, I noticed that the spacing between circles become erratic when they don't follow a horizontal or vertical pattern. In those cases, you'd have to manually fix the spacing between the circles (i.e., disable the distance snap.) Even such minute differences in spacing can be frustrating for unintuitive players.
jackylaguna
I normally don't try to mod other people's maps, mainly because I don't think I have the required skills, but this time it's special because it's a Cantonese song, and you are also from Hong Kong like me XD

A few suggestions:

It seems that the volume of the music is too soft for me. I don't know if it's only me or what, but I think using the soft sample set sounds better. Otherwise, you might want to tune up the volume of the music a bit.

I spot some spacing issues. I guess you are generally using the medium-sized grid for grid snapping. I would suggest you either use a smaller grid size, or totally not using grid snapping. The latter will surely make placing the notes in an organized way much harder and time-consuming, but in my opinion it's a must for making an accurately spaced map. For a quick example,

(Normal)
00:03:754 - the end of slider (2) should be eqaully spaced with (3) like (3)(4)(5)
01:38:754 - (9)(10)(11)(12) should all be equally spaced with each other
etc.

These are all not-so-accurate because of grid snapping... (and FolkFolk has also mentioned this in the above post)

Another point to note is the use of the 1/8 beat at 01:17:941. The first time I heard it I think it's smart to use the 1/8 beat there, but then I doubt that it is necessary. The point I want to bring out is that, at 00:18:504, the sentence "女生穿起吊帶裙" should be of the same beat as "女洗手間太多人" at 01:16:504. If you hear carefully, the "k" sound of "裙" is heard before the first beat of the next bar, but you did not use a 1/8 beat there. My opinion will be, if you insist to use the 1/8 beat at 太多"人", you might as well want to use a 1/8 beat at 吊帶"裙" for consistency, or you might want to give up the use of the 1/8 beat at 太多"人". I don't know, just my opinion, but others might think that it's all OK for the 2 places having 2 different beats.

I hope I made myself clear. If you don't understand what I am talking about, feel free to ask in Cantonese/Chinese/English. 如果我有咩講得唔明即管問啦 XD~
LHT[NoOb]
#2My circle's distance has the question?if such, I had already fixed, if also has the question, please give the clear instruction, because my Britain is also very bad.

#3的
我有小小唔明.
你叫我用1/8來打..但唔係唔俾用1/8嫁咩?
不如你用中文教我- -
我英文都幾差下...
jackylaguna
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Satuna_old
You said the question already corrected.
你講既..我都改哂.睇下仲有冇問題= =
jackylaguna
就我黎講spacing大致上ok,不過仲有唔少地方有明顯o既spacing問題。舉個例子:

Normal:
0:42:50 - (2)同(1)太開
0:44:25 - (1)同(5)太近
etc.

其他地方都有類似問題,得閒o既不妨逐個note郁一郁佢睇下會唔會唔o岩位。Hard冇睇,因為高難度o既有d係會特登整到spacing唔太o岩,可以純粹出自個人喜好所以我唔改喇。

可能只係我太嚴格,官方d人唔知係咪需要d spacing咁嚴格呢?如果你想首歌ranked我諗你要搵隻BAT黎睇下喇...佢地會俾到你最有用o既意見~至於點搵,我就幫你唔到喇,我自己都想請佢地睇我d歌...

For those who don't understand Chinese/Cantonese:

Spacing is generally OK for me now, except for a few places where there are bigger spacing problems. For example,

Normal:
0:42:50 - (2) too far apart from (1)
0:44:25 - (1) too close together with (5)
etc.

There are other places where this kind of problem exists, so you might want to pick up every note to see whether it is not in place if you have the time. I have not taken a look into Hard, since sometimes people will intentionally place the notes out of distance for the harder difficulties, so I'm not going to say you are incorrect or what.

I might be too strict, and I don't know whether the official people are this strict in spacing. If you want this ranked you might want to get a BAT to mod this... They would give you the most useful comments. I don't know how to get them in though.
Topic Starter
Satuna_old
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.