forum

More than 8 players in multiplayer & filtering ranks for pla [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zetta
Howdy.

How hard on the server or on peppy would it be to make 16 players the cap for multi instead of 8? I think it would be so much fun having 16 people play together. Would it be too much for the servers to handle or would it be able to handle it?

numbah 2 - Let's say I get rank 1 on a song. If you go to the osu website and click on my profile there would be an option saying "Songs this player has rank 1 on" and it'll show you a list of all the songs you have rank 1 on.
lkjl23
Numbbi
I think 8 is just fine.
qlum
what's the problem with 16 players there won't be any lag or something.
Zeugziumy
8 is good... Also I don't see much full rooms (because I think I disabled)
But 8 is good... you want 12 like mario kart? Lol, when nintendo put 12, is a blue shell madness... want this on osu?
Soaprman
I want blue shells in osu! multiplayer. Support for that.
anonymous_old
It'd be hard to fit more than eight multiplayer slots in the current user interface.

In addition, the scoreboard would be aweful cluttered. It kinda is with eight entries already.

inb4 make some invisible.

As for your second suggestion: please search this forum. This has been asked for and denied many times.
qlum

strager wrote:

It'd be hard to fit more than eight multiplayer slots in the current user interface.

In addition, the scoreboard would be aweful cluttered. It kinda is with eight entries already.
than make them smaller I also don't think the scoreboard would be to much of a problem. if you find it a problem than don't play with 16 players simple
Arusha Shuna
tag mode 16 players
wait the other 15 players finish their combo, your combo, wait 15 combo, your combo, ...
zzzzzz
Shohei Ohtani
This isn't Call of Duty, you don't need that many people in multiplayer.

Besides, very rarely do you get rooms that are filled.
Zeugziumy

CDFA wrote:

This isn't Call of Duty, you don't need that many people in multiplayer.

Besides, very rarely do you get rooms that are filled.
That's true
awp

Zettaslow wrote:

How hard on the server or on peppy would it be to make 16 players the cap for multi instead of 8?
Increase the maximum number of players per multiplayer game and yet people have a hard time finding a second person
Roga-don
Taiko oni party most of the time are full so support~
Topic Starter
Zetta
I actually don't find it hard to find 8 player games.

Step 1: Put random K-on song

Step 2: Play random K-on song

Step 3: 1000 PEOPLE HAVE JOINED YOUR GAME!
Zeugziumy

Zettaslow wrote:

I actually don't find it hard to find 8 player games.

Step 1: Put random K-on song

Step 2: Play random K-on song

Step 3: 1000 PEOPLE HAVE JOINED YOUR GAME!
What K-on?

My step is better, just 1...

STEP 1: Put any touhou music what is ranked...

Done
anonymous_old

gabrielwoj wrote:

What K-on?

My step is better, just 1...

STEP 1: Put any touhou music what is ranked...

Done
Gabi

awp wrote:

Zettaslow wrote:

How hard on the server or on peppy would it be to make 16 players the cap for multi instead of 8?
Increase the maximum number of players per multiplayer game and yet people have a hard time finding a second person
You can look at it at that way, but you could also look at it that people who now wants someone to play with can get into a room that isn't full anymore cause it could only hold 8 players, making it easier for people to join. Unless people really really wants to be hosts, then it's like you said :P
Zekira

Roganis wrote:

Taiko oni party most of the time are full so support~
Oh god where >_>

You people should seriously notify me when there's an Oni party going around
Hanyuu
support this idea
Hurude Rika
I want 12 people play together.

but it takes a problem.

ex) when someone downloading, DL is not end but another(who not have song) is join this room, then it will take a long time for start the game T.T

then how about function like 'you can't join, you don't have this map.'

and it can download out of room
Haneii
+support for more players in multi

- except just a couple more seats (or until there's no more room on the side during gameplay- so ten?)
Topic Starter
Zetta

Hurude Rika wrote:

I want 12 people play together.

but it takes a problem.

ex) when someone downloading, DL is not end but another(who not have song) is join this room, then it will take a long time for start the game T.T

then how about function like 'you can't join, you don't have this map.'

and it can download out of room

I like this idea.

Plenty of times someone like g9040923490324 has joined taken literally 5 minutes to download the map and then left 10 seconds in after they fail.

This would eliminate the need to wait for a download, as well as free up extra spaces for people who already have the map.