forum

Spectate during fail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
[Did a forum search but didnt come up with anything similar, so soudns like this is something that hasn't been suggested before]

I think that when in a multiplayer game, you fail, you should be able to (while still in that game) spectate any of the other players (maybe only players that haven't failed yet) So instead of the usual having to quit multiplyer, then spectate someone, you could do so before the song ends in your current multiplayer game.

This would be great as half of the time you can't be arsed to carry on playing when you've failed and spectating the leading player would be a lot better :l
zagrom_old
Well in multi you can still win even if you fail, I suppose
this is a reasonable idea but I have doubts its really worth it.
Gabi
no ty, i'd rather play the map even if i fail in multi
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

no ty, i'd rather play the map even if i fail in multi
^
Yingwu
I guess having a choice between these two can never hurt but for now I'm not convinced enough to say I'm supporting this.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
A choice would be nice, just seeing if anyone else would want this :l
anonymous_old

Guy-kun wrote:

A choice would be nice, just seeing if anyone else would want this :l
You have the choice. You stated in your OP.
mm201
The one way I could see this working would fit into the whole "join match in progress and spectate it until completion" idea.

If you fail, you'll continue playing with grey circles. If you hit escape, instead of leaving the match, it turns you into a spectator who is still a member of the match, then you resume playing at the next game.
Hanyuu
it is a good add on for the idea i had with sudden death mod
FireballFlame
Support! If you fail and feel you have no chance, spectating the others is more fun.

MetalMario201 wrote:

If you fail, you'll continue playing with grey circles. If you hit escape, instead of leaving the match, it turns you into a spectator who is still a member of the match, then you resume playing at the next game.
What about a small button appearing next to the score/rank panel of each player as soon as you fail. By clicking one of those you could start spectating someone (and then also change the player you're spectating) and by clicking "End Replay" you could go back to your gray circles?
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
No need to even add buttons, just clicking the persons name should pop out the 'tab' and make you spectate them, clicking it again to return to your failed game.

Nice to see my topic back up, but no-one will ever be very interested Px
Zetta
Necro dat shit.
Topic Starter
Guy-kun
Necroing myself :3
Kitsunemimi

Guy-kun wrote:

No need to even add buttons, just clicking the persons name should pop out the 'tab' and make you spectate them, clicking it again to return to your failed game.
I was going to say that <.< If I wasn't two days late.

Anyways I sort of like this idea since obviously if you failed and someone else didn't that means they're doing better than you and why wouldn't you want to spectate c:
Support
terax
DO WANT
A few times i was too lazy to quit and start spect. so I just stared at the appearing buttons while listening to music.
Jako87
My request is quite close on this so i put it to the same topic.

There should be mode in multiplayer that the song ends after all players are failed. That would be nice mode to play hard maps with friends and try to complete them (and get some ranking points). If some map is extra hard and everyone fails at start it returns to scores/lobby and you can pick a different song. No need to wait until the song ends.

The spectating other players would also work with this because there is allways one player who hasn't failed. Or you can play with grey beats and train the map for next attempt like now.
Scrublord_old
I made the same thread a while ago because I didnt know this one existed.Absolutly support
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure that because people can revive themselves that this would not be considered anymore. I think it could be a pretty useful feature. Perhaps it would influence people who would otherwise quit the game to spectate it instead.