forum

Multiplayer: next-beatmap-voting [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nightfall91
my idea looked like this: the host of a room can set different beatmaps to some kind of playlist on which the "roommates" can vote which song to play...i think that would solve the problem that you get no players in your room and would also be nice otherwise...of course some people would just spamm songs in their playlist,i think its best to limit the songs you can add to a reasonable number
and if its not too much it would be helpull if a button is added on each rooms in the lobby which you click and then the playlist pops up
Kennjin
I think it´s not a bad idea =L
But hey, i mean we dont realy need such an options because if u go in a room its mostly only about the difficulty of the songs (beginner,easy,normal,hard) etc........
( Ok here comes the part wich u might not understand ( sry i dont know how to put it but i hope ull still get what i want to say ) i think it would be better if there would be an option to put only normal,easy hard songs etc in the playlist.Like u make " normal mode only " , press start and than osu will randomly choose a beatmap with the difficult " normal " for you =P !!!!
Mukku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sir Minelli
I don't know about this.

When you pick a map and a player doesn't like it he is free to leave and another player is able to join the room.

You are the host of the room for a reason therefore you get to pick the maps you want.

The voting system will only further the process of leaving or staying in the room.

If a player votes and his vote loses, chances are that he will still leave the room because he is not playing the map he wanted.

Also what if that player doesn't have the maps you suggested for voting and he only has one? or even worst none.

I believe that the current system is working properly.
Mukku
True. There is nothing wrong with the current system. I saw this as a neat little addition, definetly not as a necessary one.