forum

tablet pressure sensitivity issues? [Resolved in b110] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
So I'm on a tablet PC -(Tecra M7) and I'm trying to play the game, but around 80% of my button presses won't register I believe due to a pressure sensitivity issue. All my other programs work quite well with the slightest tap of the stylus, but when I play this game, even when I'm pressing as hard as possible, only 20% of those would register. Any help?
peppy
That's quite strange. I have tested osu! on a graphics tablet with no problems.

Do you have a good framerate on the tablet? I'm not too familiar with tablets personally, but don't see why you should be experiencing such problems :cry:.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I am reading mouse input, so as long as the tablet emulates mouse correctly, it should work right?
Kylecito
i don't think programs recognize pressure on their own right?
if it works anywhere else, should work on osu too.... check framerates like peppy said, and test it some more on the editor.
also if you're running it on a window try changing your desktop color depth
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
well, I sorta figured a way to make it work, but it's still a far cry from ds ouendan play: the stylus requires a stroke to activate the mouse click, so for each point, I have to make a mini-stroke to get it. This of course would lead to all sorts of issues with timing/accuracy, but eh, what can I do.
peppy
I'm wondering if there is a setting in your tablet control panel to change this... it sounds very strange!
anzo_old
i suffer from the same issue too
i have to writing strokes to get it work

there are no settings for the sensitivity

peppy:
if u have time, please check out the Tablet PC SDK :P
it might help solving the problem

The Tablet PC platform encompasses Windows XP and its extensions that enable input and output of handwriting and speech data on a Tablet PC as well as interchange of this data with other computers. The Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Software Development Kit (SDK) enables you to build ink-enabled, pen-enabled, and speech-enabled applications and supporting hardware for the Tablet PC.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
[deleted user]

peppy wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a setting in your tablet control panel to change this... it sounds very strange!
Yeah, there should be. There's one in Wacom's, at least. I have no issues with mine. :P
anzo_old
there might be on yours
but not on ours....><
mine is hp tc4200 with wacom driver
but no such settings in the control panel
peppy
Tablets should now work perfectly.

Feedback required!
anzo_old
amazing!!
it work perfectly now like DS :P
thanks a lot peppy