forum

Audio Preview

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
I completely agree here, some of the thumbnail previews right now are just.. bad (Shut Up and Let Me Go for instance)
peppy
You do already.

If it sounds crap, the beatmapper did NOT set their preview point.
LuigiHann
I don't think the website preview ever gets re-created if the mapper changes the preview point after the first submission, does it?
peppy
No
Jinxy
Wait, where do you set it?
peppy
Timing > Set Audio Preview Position
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
So when you first submit the beatmap, the thumbnail preview point is stuck where it is, even if you change the preview point later?

Isn't this something that can/should be fixed?
LuigiHann

0_o wrote:

So when you first submit the beatmap, the thumbnail preview point is stuck where it is, even if you change the preview point later?

Isn't this something that can/should be fixed?
My suggestion would be, when a map gets ranked, the system checks if the preview point matches the current preview point. If it doesn't match, recreate the audio preview.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

LuigiHann wrote:

My suggestion would be, when a map gets ranked, the system checks if the preview point matches the current preview point. If it doesn't match, recreate the audio preview.
I agree with this.

Download: Yuu Kobayashi - Kimi ni Mune Kyun (Eirene) [Dagon's Easy].osu
Olinad
I guess a reminder would be enough... like "You haven't set a preview start point - do you want to submit the map anyway?"
K2J
It'd be nice for maps with multiple mp3s to choose which one is previewed online, as well...