forum

Hitcircle colour changes in timing sections [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mm201
Much like how you can change the volume and samplesets used on a per-timing-section basis, and this has superseded the global option to control them in Options, it would be good to have the same feature available for hitcircle colours. This feature would be useful for any sort of music which goes through substantial textural variations, including medleys and marathon maps.

It would also be a solution for the often sought after feature of changing the combo colour sequence mid-map.

Kiai Time in the Style tab is getting lonely. ;)
LuigiHann
I agreeeee
Gens

MetalMario201 wrote:

Kiai Time in the Style tab is getting lonely. ;)
qft

:D
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
in b4 chinese abuse
FurukawaPan

Rolled wrote:

in b4 chinese abuse
haha I can't wait to see what the chinese do with combo color manipulation :lol:

Support +1 :)
Topic Starter
mm201

james039 wrote:

Rolled wrote:

in b4 chinese abuse
haha I can't wait to see what the chinese do with combo color manipulation :lol:

Support +1 :)
*envisions smooth, gradual rainbow of hitcircle colours* :D

Bumped for priority.
anonymous_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

xD

Support here.
Derekku

MetalMario201 wrote:

oh god oh god +support~~~~~~
Metroid
Darri, Alace, AL-Azif, DJPop, Kiou2 maps get even more awesome?!

+1
qlum
+1
CheeseWarlock
Agreed. Abuse could potentially cause odd problems with tag co-op mode, but I don't really see that happening often.
FurukawaPan

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Agreed. Abuse could potentially cause odd problems with tag co-op mode, but I don't really see that happening often.
Nothing that hasn't already happened :)

And masochists can go ahead and pop such maps into co-op anyway, since they enjoy that sort of thing. :D
Larto
If this is gonna be implemented I demand every authentic map's combo colours to be adjusted accordingly >:(
kuwarudo
I support :)
Derekku
Bump for Mario~
Sleep Powder
I wanted the post after kuwarudo...

So many colors~ :)

Support~
Mashley
YES YES YES YES YES.
That's enough YES for now.
Kitsunemimi
yayayayayayayayaayaayyayaayaaah
Torran
Support
Jeffro
+1

Thread revived.
GabrielRKF
And tag gameplay?

Support, even being a strange idea o.O
Topic Starter
mm201

roxkyuubiforever wrote:

even being a strange idea o.O
It's used all over the place in Ouendan and EBA; I don't see what's so strange about it.

Now that I think about it, there's some merit to doing it the other way--being able to pick your combo colour (out of the available rotation) on a New Combo marker. This would allow the skin's choice of colours to be respected.

Either way, giving combo colours a somewhat more strict meaning in terms of music theory would make a nice professional touch.
Dusty
Support +1

Would you be able to make a new timing section that changed combo colors in the middle of a slider, though? How would that work? Would it be a rainbow slider (like how hitsound changes work on sliders and spinners, but with slider segments), or would it just be one color, or would the color of the slider change suddenly (which could have made StrangeProgram even weirder)
Topic Starter
mm201

Dusty wrote:

Support +1

Would you be able to make a new timing section that changed combo colors in the middle of a slider, though? How would that work? Would it be a rainbow slider (like how hitsound changes work on sliders and spinners, but with slider segments), or would it just be one color, or would the color of the slider change suddenly (which could have made StrangeProgram even weirder)
The change would be applied beginning with the first New Combo after the slider.
Dusty
I see. So you also couldn't put new timing sections to change the color of the combo mid-combo that way.
aRiskOfRain

MetalMario201 wrote:

roxkyuubiforever wrote:

even being a strange idea o.O
It's used all over the place in Ouendan and EBA; I don't see what's so strange about it.
Woah, wait; what levels would those be?
Torran

DiamondCrash wrote:

To put it simply, all of them. Haven't you ever noticed that Ouendan/EBA's combo colors don't follow the YGBR sequence perfectly?

See this combo:

Yellow, Blue!?, Green!? instead of Yellow, Green, Blue, Red
aRiskOfRain

soradg123 wrote:

DiamondCrash wrote:

To put it simply, all of them. Haven't you ever noticed that Ouendan/EBA's combo colors don't follow the YGBR sequence perfectly?
I never noticed that.

Wow.
Topic Starter
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zekira
What? Didn't I already support this?

+1

...though peppy did say this is already planned so isn't this a bit useless?
Derekku
Heh, I had only just joined osu! ~3 weeks before this request, and I still think that it's an amazing idea. *still imagining the gradient rainbow of colors*

<3
FurukawaPan

Zekira wrote:

What? Didn't I already support this?

+1

...though peppy did say this is already planned so isn't this a bit useless?
No, not at all. More posts raise new features to higher priority. Supporting this thread gets us multi-color combos sooner! ^-^
Takuma
ENWAORMMFASFWQR +1
Matma Rex

Dusty wrote:

I actually do want to make repeat arrows/slider ending different color (or just new combos).
Topic Starter
mm201
Denying this in favour of the much simpler approach at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15914 which I've already partially implemented.
LuigiHann

MetalMario201 wrote:

Denying this in favour of the much simpler approach at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15914 which I've already partially implemented.
Does yours allow for more than 5 colors total?
Topic Starter
mm201
More than 5 (probably 8) in general is something I'm looking at, but I'd need to clear it with the head honcho first.