forum

Spectator Chat [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Hara
Just an idea I was thinking of tonight about a chat generated for spectators of a person.

Generating a room like #spectate.#### where #### would be a random ID while someone was spectated perhaps, seeing as if it was #spectate.user or something it would be easier to go and /j the room through other means.

At times I have felt a great urge to chat to the persons spectating someone without doing it in #osu or in a pm, since it could be more than 1 other person.

I don't think the idea needs much more explanation.
AceOfArrows
I like this idea, and furthermore, nobody in the "Improved Spectating!" thread thought of this (including myself). I will add it to the list of stuff in my post, found at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9975&p=92298#p92298

Edit: Added. (I made sure you were credited with coming up with the idea.)
ThePassingShadow
Eh, I don't think this would be used very much. Seems a bit useless.
Cyclone
How would it be useless? There are many times when a lot of people will spectate Rolled or other players, and then they start chatting in #osu, which is irrelevant chat for everybody who isn't watching. This is definitely something i would use.
ThePassingShadow

Cyclone wrote:

How would it be useless? There are many times when a lot of people will spectate Rolled or other players, and then they start chatting in #osu, which is irrelevant chat for everybody who isn't watching. This is definitely something i would use.
Isn't there now a way to create a channel whenever someone wants one ? Simply do that whenever spectators want to chat.
RemmyX25

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

Isn't there now a way to create a channel whenever someone wants one ? Simply do that whenever spectators want to chat.
Kinda, but afaik it is only limited to one person.
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Tenacious J
I support. Enter a new chat session as soon as you hit the spectate button. With banchobot commands that tell you what the player recently played and what grade/rank. (Data like that is already recorded via profile page) It should be like #multiplayer chat and it's match history banchobot commands.

But what about the player him/herself? The player can't spectate him/herself so he/she will be left out of the chat. It can encourage people to talk behind the player's back about..... anything.
palion
nice necropost
SinDemonDragon13
I support this. :)
Haseo_old

palion wrote:

nice necropost
ethox
Necroposting etc. put aside, I really think this feature should still be tweaked and I have a couple of ideas how.

If you are the spectatee, the chat window opens up for you too (which is nice), but instantly closes after the last spectator stops spectating. This is highly frustrating if you are trying to read up a conversation already had. If it didn't, you would have a backlog of the chat, at least as long as osu! is running. (I'd like full logging, but that is a completely another matter)

SPOILER
Bancho makes up a new channel for the spectatee and everybody gets invited/joined in, but afterwards bancho kicks even the last person out. Is it like that or does the client itself part the channel? I'm just curious.