forum

[added] Taiko and CTB IRC channel (rolling up 1 year threads

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Few months ago the Taiko players got an own IRC channel for the official Taiko tournament called ,,#twc".
Now it is gone after the tournament ends and I feel really lost.

This suggestions was allready posted before:
Thread one
Thread two
Thread three
Thread 4, the ultimate one.
The threads where just gaved up or got denided because of reasons like ,,#osu channel is enough".

I think the question is not ,,Why to take it?". The real one should be ,,Why not to take it?".
Isn't it a big pro for this, that people of all game modes would not spam anymore in one channel?
I think it is better if everyone could write down something in his game-mode channel, also because the players found each other easier.

Here are more arguments and allready discussed things:
1.) There are not enough people to get this request work.
- To be honest, there are enough people who are going to support it or would like to have it. Nearly all 70 TWC player would like to have such a channel. And now put the Taiko and CTB comunity together, this is not a smal amoung of player.

2.) Quotation: I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
- Quotation: I don't see why 4000 people should chat in one channel. Personaly, I don't want read everything of every game-mod and how 100 people are spaming.

3.) The channels would be death and not used.
- Quotation: As I know #twc was allways full. Full with topics about Taiko no Tatsujin, maps, projects, TWC, taiko in osu!, privat stuff, off topic stuff..
And I rarely see people from taiko beeing in #osu or chatting there with some one. Sorry I don't know much about the CtB players but I guess it would be the same?

Also, why should be a channel dead, which is getting from the official game everytime news?
And there are more prooves that it wouldn be dead: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=921150#p921150 + the Log's and screens of the #TWC.

4.) Quotation: use #videogames or some other unused channel
- Same as the 2.) point. And letting two communitys into one channel means much argue. Also Taiko and CTB are a part of osu! and not just an external game.
Quotation: Oh right, as one person from the Taiko/CTB community, I feel with this answer thrown away like trash, honestly...

5.) ...

Would like to see that.

Support from people who have no stars anymore:
Backfire, BrokenArrow1, OzzyOzrock, Noobita, LunaticMara, dkun, anongos, MMzz, Pereira006, Bass-chan, Miu Matsuoka, Kitsunemimi(uh, I guess?), Zekira, Acrith, Verdisphena, Pheon 2x, Ikillforpies, Sander-Don, VelperK x2, ProudOtaku, OzzyOzrock, crystalsuicune, Remilia--, animask, Blue Dragon, mekadon, aquabluu, shiirn, Hika, eviLinco, Luna, Hernan, VelperK, eldnl, KuraiPettan, Equivalent, Krzysiek, Pizzicatto, ekopret8ks
(39 people * 1star which count as two = +80☆) - two people would give two stars.

110 stars yet.
Backfire
We really should have one. Im not sure why we hadn't before. I can't give you stars cause I used them all on mine before ;w;
But, really, we have things for other things that aren't as important, like #videogames, so why don't we have a #taiko or #CTB?
TristanShi
adding a channel is just super ez with few commands.
so why not create a space for a specific topic? lol
Agreed. 8-)
BrokenArrow
Would be very helpful.
*Agrees*
I have no stars yet, sorry :(
Rokodo

TristanShi wrote:

adding a channel is just super ez with few commands.
so why not create a space for a specific topic? lol
That's like saying, "it's easy to step in a dog turd so why not do it?"

This suggestion is silly.
matthewhln
In the time of Taiko World Cup, It show that #twc is a good channel for taiko players to discuss

and also the discussion will be more orgainzed if there is a taiko and CTB channel

so I agree on that
NeoRainier
#twc was always opened on my pc...and now it's gone OTL.

By the way it seems like there are lots of taikoplayers who'd like to see a channel just for them, as it will be useful for sharing personal maps, receiving mods and also discovering some nice taikomaps; it will also help taiko community to grow a bit, since people who are new to the mode can ask for help directly to skilled players.

What have i said about #taiko is kinda the same about #ctb , just change the words xD
Weez
This is really needed!! :D
Would help with tourneys and such
OzzyOzrock
DO IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Horribly off-topic: Weezy has 999 posts omg omg omg
Noobita
Very much supported... these channels would not be about unimportant topics but about a huge part of this game that many people have an interest in
TristanShi

Rokodo wrote:

trust me, a #taiko/#ctb channel will not run as shit as other canceled channels.
Mara
Supporting.

Also, what.

dkun
not a taiko/ctb player myself, but this would seem like a great addition, and would be just as fair to those dedicated to these said game modes. but it would be nice if it acted like #osu in the same way that it's "english only".

TristanShi wrote:

Rokodo wrote:

trust me, a #taiko/#ctb channel will not run as shit as other canceled channels.
trolls get to everywhere, whether you like it or not.
Krzysiek
This is a good idea. I'd like to have #ctb channel opened at startup and being able to share thoughts on CtB playing without getting in the way of #osu discussions.

On the other note gotta say that #touhou -> #videogames aren't that corrupted with bored ppl cos they tend to spam at #osu ^^', so game mode related chat rooms would come in handy.
anongos
If I had anymore stars I would give it to this thread. There's really nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said.
MMzz
I miss #twc
Q^Q
+support
Pereira006
+1 support
Bass
+1
Miu Matsuoka
We really need more votes...

+1 Support
Jarby
I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
show more