forum

Rhythm MOD [rejected]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
Taiko is much better for learning rhythms than this would be. And Relax is for training on the mouse moving, so we have it all.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Gemi wrote:

Taiko is much better for learning rhythms than this would be. And Relax is for training on the mouse moving, so we have it all.
I disagree. :)

Not everyone plays the Taiko MOD, so having a seperate MOD to focus on rhythm for non Taiko users would be useful. Plus, being good on Taiko doesn't mean that you will automatically be good with timing in regular Osu! mode, since they both require different reading abilities. For example, I came to Osu! earlier this year with nearly three years worth of StepMania experience, but even though I have very good rhythm timing on SM, I still sucked on Osu! because I couldn't figure out the timing for it, since the hit circles often overlap, and the beat spacing can often trick you into clicking earlier or later, etc.
Gemi

adamskii_uk wrote:

I still sucked on Osu! because I couldn't figure out the timing for it, since the hit circles often overlap, and the beat spacing can often trick you into clicking earlier or later, etc.
But that's not a problem with timing per se, it's a problem with reading the beatmap, and this doesn't seem like the best way to fight that.
peppy
This seems pointless to me.
Vic

peppy wrote:

This seems pointless to me.
Seconded. Also use awsum test+relax combo.
YoshiKart
Useless as it may seem, we don't have an "inverse of Relax" mod for the Glossary now that Taiko is its own mode. I'm thinking along the lines of autoplay's cursor movement, and the clicks are on your own.
ThePassingShadow
Pointless. Why practise one aspect when you can do two ?

If you must, use Taiko.