forum

Allow 0.25 multipler to BPM for inherited timing sections [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Didn't see this in any of my searches. Hopefully I didn't miss it.

Recently I came upon a map that used an uninherited 0.25x timing section. I tried to change this into an inherited section, but the inherited timing section would not allow me to reach that multiplier. Since the point of creating custom multipliers for the BPM was to remove uniherited sections (because of the 1ms difference in offset they can create), I want the custom multiplier for the BPM to go down to 0.25 to allow mappers to have their extremely slow sliders.
Zekira
The limit that the in-game Song Setup menu can handle from 0.5 to 2.0, you probably know that already.

Though there is a song that has already used a 4.0x inherited multiplier, meaning it's possible, but I don't want to disclose how to do it here. I have actually already made a 765x inherited section already.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Zekira wrote:

The limit that the in-game Song Setup menu can handle from 0.5 to 2.0, you probably know that already.

Though there is a song that has already used a 4.0x inherited multiplier, meaning it's possible, but I don't want to disclose how to do it here. I have actually already made a 765x inherited section already.
I guess you can do it your method (not disclosing it), but I don't think it is rankable to do something that you can't do in game. As a result, I really want to be able to change my slider velocity to 0.25x in game.
Derekku
The current behavior doesn't prevent people from using uninherited sections to do this, and 0.25x sliders usually work very well, so I really don't see why we can't use the slower speeds. "Abuse" isn't an answer. =/
Feno_old

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I guess you can do it your method (not disclosing it), but I don't think it is rankable to do something that you can't do in game. As a result, I really want to be able to change my slider velocity to 0.25x in game.
As long as it doesn't suck when playing it, I can't imagine it being unrankable.

As for the request, support.
mm201
I disagree with this so much. You can already achieve a 4:1 speed change by enclosing the majority of your map in 2x sections, halving the base speed, and using 0.5 sections. More drastic speed changes than this are just excessive.
Shiro
I completely disagree with that. Speed changes are already confusing, if you cut the speed by 4 the sliders will barely move, and then, suddenly, boom! 2x speed in your face.

In addition, speed changes are utterly annoying in taiko, 0,5x BPM is already really rage inducing, but 0,25 ?
No support here, I hope it is denied.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Odaril wrote:

I completely disagree with that. Speed changes are already confusing, if you cut the speed by 4 the sliders will barely move, and then, suddenly, boom! 2x speed in your face.

In addition, speed changes are utterly annoying in taiko, 0,5x BPM is already really rage inducing, but 0,25 ?
No support here, I hope it is denied.
My biggest reason for this suggestion is to make it more convenient for mappers to change the slider velocity, and as Derekku and I have said, this is currently possible with uninherited timing sections. Even if this is denied, it won't stop slow timing sections from popping up in maps. Unless you go about and stop every map who does this from ever being ranked in the future, slow timing sections will continue to exist.

Did not intend to be mean or cruel, but that is my take on reality.
RandomJibberish
It'll be more convenient if somehow used well but it's asking for abuse. The amount it will be used terribly makes it pointless to add when there's a workaround.
peppy

blissfulyoshi wrote:

My biggest reason for this suggestion is to make it more convenient for mappers to change the slider velocity, and as Derekku and I have said, this is currently possible with uninherited timing sections. Even if this is denied, it won't stop slow timing sections from popping up in maps. Unless you go about and stop every map who does this from ever being ranked in the future, slow timing sections will continue to exist.

Did not intend to be mean or cruel, but that is my take on reality.
It already IS against ranking standards. If you would kindly point me in the direction of any pending maps that use this, I will happily nuke them.
pieguyn
What the flying hell

Do you mean to say that 0.25x sliders are now unrankable? I thought they were rankable. There's even a special name for them. o_O
peppy
They are not rankable. Any non-inhereted sections used for slider speed changes are not rankable.
Jarby
Zekira
Needs 765x multiplier
Sallad4ever

peppy wrote:

They are not rankable. Any non-inhereted sections used for slider speed changes are not rankable.
^that said, I guess haxing the BPM adjustment on osu file is not allowed too

Jarby wrote:

RIP
Another mapping technique goes unrankable
and I'm using this on my pending map :cry:
Xgor

Sallad4ever wrote:

Another mapping technique goes unrankable
<.<

>.>

You can do as I did on U.N. Owen
Mismagius

peppy wrote:

If you would kindly point me in the direction of any pending maps that use this, I will happily nuke them.
RIP ;______;
NoHitter

peppy wrote:

It already IS against ranking standards. If you would kindly point me in the direction of any pending maps that use this, I will happily nuke them.
What about making it seem 0.25x when it's really 0.5x?

Basically map with a slider velocity of 2.0x, so if you want 0.25x as the speed, you can just select 0.5x.
mm201

MetalMario201 wrote:

I disagree with this so much. You can already achieve a 4:1 speed change by enclosing the majority of your map in 2x sections, halving the base speed, and using 0.5 sections. More drastic speed changes than this are just excessive.
James2250
Even if people disagree with this at the moment I plan to pop every bubble using this and check it on all maps in future until peppy says otherwise

(as he currently says it is unrankable and in the end it is down to him)
show more