forum

Couple requests [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ph0X
1. Ability to get the old notifcation system back throught options.

2. Ability to leave the multiplayer match without actually leaving the server (aka going back to the ready room.

3. Sort by % we got, and filter unplayed songs

4. ability to see rank and stuff while browsing songs in multiplayer

5. maybe be able to browse songs while waiting in a room even if we don't have lead.
looking at song list can help suggesting songs.

6. be able to see our rank/score on a song when in multiplayer

7. Be able to see acc% and how well each person did in TAG. I know you can see ppls % of accuracy when you join a server where people are already playing, but it should show at the end in the stats.

8. Be able to spectate a already started game.

9. hotkeys in song browser for enabling modifiers quickly or reseting them.

10. be able to play a certain part of the song.
I usually do that by going in edit mod, but it gets annoying.
I use it when a song is really easy and the very end is some crazy part i need to practice, and I don't want to go through liek 5-6times just to get to practice the end.

These are all ideas and suggestions, use them as you want.

I might add more to this list later but these are some i remember right now.
Gemi

Ph0X wrote:

1. Ability to get the old notifcation system back throught options.
Unnecessary toggle. Make suggestions to improve the new one if there's something wrong, but there's no need to go back to the old one.

Ph0X wrote:

5. maybe be able to browse songs while waiting in a room even if we don't have lead.
looking at song list can help suggesting songs.
Could be nice.
Derekku
1. No.
2. Yes please. :?
3a. You mean sort by acc? Already requested many times and shot down. Just search by letter grade.
3b. I'd like that a lot.
4. Isn't letter grade good enough? >.>
5. Sounds good to me.
6. Same answer as 4.
7. Already suggested.
8. Sure.
9. Wouldn't work since the keyboard is used for typing. It's not that hard to press f1 and 2. :P
10. Test modes have already been suggested, and denied, sorry.

A lot of the multiplayer ideas have already been suggested in this topic Check it out and support that, instead :)
Topic Starter
Ph0X
I'll check that thread :)

Hmm, most of the times I'm playing multiplayer with my friend, and I ask him in Ventrilo what rank he got and stuff, and we try to get rank 1 together and stuff. Idk I really don't see why in the browser in multiplayer it doesn't show teh rank and score, that spot on the left is just empty for no reason.

I guess grade somehow does it, but yea, I usually play songs I got bad accuracy on to boost my accuracy.

For the hotkeys, I know that CTRL+A does something, but yea could use CTRL+<key> hotkeys.

But yea, overall I love osu because it's VERY userfriendly. It's obvious that the creator of the program have spent alot of time listening to the suggestions and ideas and made it so full yet easy to use. Just a couple little addition, but it's so close to perfection ^^
peppy
Old notification code is gone forever.
Sort by accuracy will never be present. Use rank.
You can already sort by unplayed.
You already can see rank when browing mp song select.

Please search before requesting. A lot of your requests have been previously denied be me.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

Ph0X wrote:

Well what I requested was the reverse, only show played songs.
Correct me if i'm wrong but this is already possible.

Ph0X wrote:

You can see the letter, but you can't see the rank + score.
The letter is the rank. Score will never be possible.

Ph0X wrote:

14. Be able to change volume / mute in the song browser.
Which keys would you use for this?

Ph0X wrote:

15. A button on the song browser that takes you to the scorelist page online.
There is one already.

Ph0X wrote:

20. maybe ctrl+scroll to adjust volume for the instrumentals (effects)
Totally unnecessary imo.
Topic Starter
Ph0X
foulcoon

Ph0X wrote:

One last idea.
A way of binding/unbinding keys for some events.
For example, mouse4 goes back, but I have it bound in ventrilo, which gets quite annoying when i go to talk and it makes me quit. Once again, just an idea, use it as you please.
In ventrilo:

1. Click Setup

2. Uncheck the box that says "Use Direct Input to detect Hotkey"

3. Check the box that says "Discard Hotkey"
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Hah, sorry, I think I've been missunderstood.
I know how to change my ventrilo bind or disable it.
It was just an example though of why there would be a need for a bind manager.
Derekku
I don't think all of your questions were answered, so I'll just skim through them myself.

11. I'd like this. It's been suggested before (not sure if it's in the MP big request topic or not).
12. There ARE. Try using some of the mods. (Spun-Out is the best one to use I guess)
13. Yeah, subfolders have problems. Try searching the bugs forum for more information.
14. Like peppy said, not sure how you'd do this. I guess some hotkey might work I dunno. I'd at least like a mute button =X
15. It's the little thought bubble icon at the top of the ranked scores.
16. Just download manually or whatever. (Or donate :P )
17. No.
18. That'd be nice.
19. Unnecessary. If you're looking for a friend, add them from your preferences online.
20. No.
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

14. Be able to change volume / mute in the song browser.
Which keys would you use for this?
Arbitrary hotkey plus mousewheel would be very nice
Echo
Doesn't mousewheel already change volume, no matter where you are (unless it's disabled)?
Derekku
Cheery
Topic Starter
Ph0X

Echo wrote:

Doesn't mousewheel already change volume, no matter where you are (unless it's disabled)?

Derekku Chan wrote:

It scrolls the song list :<

Cheery wrote:

Then scroll it on menu, and not song selection menu xD

Exactly, that's the problem.
It changes volume everywhere exept in the song browser :(
And I end up going back and forth every time which gets really annoying.

Idk, imo, some of these, like the quicksearch in the userlist, might look useless at first, but are stuff that you would think are there by instinct.

Like so far, Osu was so well made that, without reading any tutorial or any guide for it, I managed almost fully using it, all by instinct. For example, searching in the song browser, mouse4 to go back, mouse1 & mouse2 to play, f5 to refresh, etc.

These are stuff that you try instinctivly, and when they actually work, you go like "wow this program actually knows very well what I want and does it perfectly".
peppy
Topic Starter
Ph0X
Well I have couple more suggestions, and I'll just put it here to continue my list.
Also just wanted to say, I know that quite some of these previous suggestions were answered or not relevent, but there was some of them that were good suggestions, and exept the couple first posts, everyone was just arguing and bashing on the bad ones and not commenting on the others, so I'm hoping they are still being considered. Anyways here's the new list

21. On multiplayer lobby, clicking on the song when your not host and you already have it should still take you to the site page
22. On multiplayer lobby, when songs name is longer than max it can fit (in 4:3) name should scroll through when you hover over
23. In multiplayer match, you should be able to see who pressed skip with a simple color change or little image next to their name
24. in multiplayer match, just like you can see the score people get (50/100/300), it would be nice to have score they get on spinner.
25. Change skip ratio to 0.75? if 3 out of 4 press skip it skips?
26. hotkeys for switching the multiplayer options on and off (show locked, friends only, show full)
27. In lobby when game is already started, be able to see their level/acc when hovering on their name
28. mouse5 in lobby to ready/unready
29. this is more of a bug, is it normal that the irc chat box scrolls up higher than the first line?
30. this one is more for the site: power search:
Be able to search artistname / songname / creators name
Have genre/display/language filtering with checkboxes
Have other filters such as min/max plays/rating etc

Could also have something sorta like this ingame, could be useful

Again some ideas, I know some of them might sound bad to you or absurd, but I'm sure there still are some of those that would be nice to have.
Derekku
21. Sounds fine.
22. Or at least a box with the full name that can pop up when hovering over. This gets annoying with long names and you can't even see which diff is being played.
23. Would be nice.
24. Sounds nice.
25. Might work.
26. On the border for this one.
27. ^
28. Not many people have fancy mice, and is it that hard to click ready? :P
29. Pretty sure that's intended behavior (and so you can see when chat started maybe)
30. Can't answer this one myself.
show more