forum

New Skin - grungosu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Hi, it's me again with another new skin. This time the skin is less of a joke and more of a...well, you'll see.

A couple notes:

- Yeah, I know the overall look is slightly inconsistent. Looking into this.
- If the new "ball" animation looks jittery, it was a dirty hack to begin with. Again, will look into doing it better in the future.
- The font is called Xoxo and it's a free download. Can't remember the site, though.
- Couldn't decide on the color palette on my own, so I ripped the one straight off the menus. Works nice, though.

The current latest official version is in the official extras.
Teknikaali
Nice one. I'll give it a shot.
Edit:
After trying both of your skins, this one has more 'professional' look than the first one(surprisingly :P ).
I really like the font you used, they're clear to read and colorful enough.
The ball replacement you did is really well done, I actually didn't like that beachball very much.. it reminded me of... umm.. The Incredible Machine-games.. :roll:
The spiral is a nice addon there.. just hoping nobody gets hypnotized (ahahha very good joke mawhaha... uh.. ok. :| )
I'll be using this skin for now, thanks!
Oddbrother
Let's just say your skin is a bag o' hax and leave it at that.

Using...
Karedis
I'm liking it. The color scheme of the buttons are very stylish and nice to look at when there are more than four beats on the screen at a time. They are different enough to be easily identifiable while still being of the same color scheme. The borders on the notes are very nice and much more noticeable than the EBA skin counterpart. Very smooth and works well with most backgrounds and videos.

My only complaint is with the spiral spinner. While being unique and very fun for those long winded spinners, my preference has always lied upon a central dot (like in the EBA skin) from which I can judge my circle around. Other than this slight issue the skin is far superior than the EBA one.
Kylecito
Damn straight. You're good at this.
Only little thing is. the shadow on circle overlays make it look like there were 2 notes stacked! Apart from this I can't really see any problems. Awesome work.

This skin goes as official ;P
Kylecito

Karedis wrote:

Other than this slight issue the skin is far superior than the EBA one.
:'(
peppy
Added to the official list :).
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Experimenting with the new goodies.

grungosu! v 1.1
Download: skin-grungosu-v11.zip
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Tessssssting, tessssssting new flame effects. Not quite ready yet. Tell usssssssss what you think, though. Feedback is alwaysssssssss appreciated.

</gollum>

Download: grungosu-beta.zip
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Yeah, version 1.2 contains the following

- A bit of a tweak for the menu background
- New menu button stuff
- An enhanced flame effect!

And, uh, some other stuff I've probably forgotten about.

Download: skin-grungosu-v12.zip
peppy
updated official version!
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Forgot the ranking screens could be skinned too, so I'll just update both skins with one fell and lazy swoop. It's not like anyone can complain about it, since it's free stuff for everyone.

Download: skin-grungosu-v13.zip

Download: skin-idork-v13.zip

Survivor_old
According to my opinion, this skin is the best one yet, though I have one complaint... The dark purple color approach circles are sometimes hard to see when the background is black. It's nothing major, really, but it would be good to change it to something a bit lighter.