forum

New Skin - iDork

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Screenshot.

Don't ask.

The full story involves beach balls, though.

Download link: here.
Topic Starter
Fraeon
Actually, let's update the screenshot a bit. Here's the final:

Kylecito
whoa that looks pretty nice, congrats!
my only complaint are the beat markers, they cover too much, and their shape isn't the best either ;P. but as they're resembling ipods, you should at least make them more transparent

EDIT: scratch that, they look awesome. found another thing tho. the "danger" symbol on the lifebar doesn't reflect the sober look of the skin :P
desaturate it a bit at least :)
otherwise, awesome work, i can't believe how polished this looks
jsticker
I like!
chan
I was thinking that you could use the "do not disconnect" or "failed to connect" iPod displays for when you miss. Or the broken iPod display? Anyway, this is fine as is. Look forward to more of you work.
LuigiHann
I have one suggestion.

Topic Starter
Fraeon
Thanks for the suggestion. Since we can do backgrounds now too, I'll probably just rip the default Mac OS X background this. Just a bit desaturated, I guess.

Not home at the moment, but updates to this are coming today. ;)
Dark Deception_old
:shock:
I hope Apple dosn't know you made a skin on iPods...
Hitoshirenu Shourai
If Apple knew about Osu!, they'd probably want to claim it for themselves. It's that awesome. =D
Kylecito
if apple owned osu there would be just 1 button to press with no rhythm whatsoever
also everything is WHITE
Topic Starter
Fraeon

Took LuigiHann's suggestion and added some other stuff for 1.1

So, here it is!

Download: skin-idork-v11.zip

Topic Starter
Fraeon
Already 1.2? But 1.1 was just released!

But here we are. A more...complete skin for your viewing pleasure.

Download: skin-idork-v12.zip
Holy Hell_old
I told you this in the IRC channel, but honestly, I think it's pretty sleek. The beats are attractive and I like the way the spinner looks. It seems less iPod to me and more metallic, though, not that I'm complaining. The 'score iPods' are also kind of nice, despite being a bit out there-- thought it took a few games to get used to them.

I'll use this skin for a while.

Oh, also, on the subject of criticism, if you really want to make it more iPody, I recommend less metal and more ceramic, in terms of color and the way it all looks.
eyup
The new Apple direction is towards aluminium and silicon dioxide (aka glass), so there isn't much wrong with a metallic look in my opinion.

Great work, Fraeon!
peppy
updated official version!
JackieW
Thanks~~~~~~~~~~ :) :) :)
H_Hitachiin
IPod based?<3