forum

osu!Direct improved searching

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +108
Topic Starter
[Kanzaki Ranko]
First - increasing the hit limit for Direct searches.
Direct limits searches to 100 matches. If I want a map that I don't know the artist nor song, but I know it's a Touhou song, for example, I won't be able to find it if it's not one of the 100 most recent Touhou maps within the filter I set.

theowest wrote:

Why? As of right now, osu! direct doesn't display all maps so when the maximum amount of beatmaps per list is reached, any older beatmap will no longer be displayed on that list.
This is ok until you actually start downloading them. One by one they're removed from the list, and no new beatmaps are displayed unless a beatmap gets ranked/uploaded/etc. When all beatmaps on the list have been downloaded, any older beatmap you might have seen before are forever gone from the listing of new beatmaps on osu! direct.

It'd make much sense if more beatmaps would load if you pressed the new button one more time after no beatmaps on the list were left.

If you just download more beatmaps than what's getting ranked everyday, you'll notice this problem.

A "load more beatmaps" button at the bottom would fit nicely.
[/quote]

There are two things that can be done. Either multipage support or increasing the hit limit for Direct searches (IMO, 300 would be fine).

Also, better filters would be fine. The website can filter Language, Genre and more options on Ranked/Approved etc. I don't see a reason for this not to be implemented for Direct.
nomen
Isn't large-scale search done easier in beatmap listing on webpage anyway?
Luna
web-search doesn't filter downloaded/not downloaded maps
Topic Starter
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Also, websearch isn't as good as Direct for practicity reasons.
RageTH
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll shiiit.
I agree with this, too bad I can't star.
Maavsucks
Zen Noir_old

RageTH wrote:

Maavsucks
Poor.
inb4 Not Yellow
RageTH

Zen Noir wrote:

RageTH wrote:

Maavsucks
Poor.
inb4 Not Yellow
LOL
[Luanny]
pfff if you really want to find a touhou song you need to increase the search to +9000
ok jk
support
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
It'll be better if we can use more filter options to refine the search in game.

Anyway, supp.
Topic Starter
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Yeah, more filters would be fine too. Editing the first post~
theowest
Duplicate on the first thing there:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/86791
Sakura
Indeed, but this one has more stars so i'll deny the other one as duplicate.
theowest
God damn it. I thought I had a better first idea.

OP, can you add this maybe?

theowest wrote:

Why? As of right now, osu! direct doesn't display all maps so when the maximum amount of beatmaps per list is reached, any older beatmap will no longer be displayed on that list.
This is ok until you actually start downloading them. One by one they're removed from the list, and no new beatmaps are displayed unless a beatmap gets ranked/uploaded/etc. When all beatmaps on the list have been downloaded, any older beatmap you might have seen before are forever gone from the listing of new beatmaps on osu! direct.

It'd make much sense if more beatmaps would load if you pressed the new button one more time after no beatmaps on the list were left.

If you just download more beatmaps than what's getting ranked everyday, you'll notice this problem.

A "load more beatmaps" button at the bottom would fit nicely.
Topic Starter
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Done. =D
theowest
thanks <3
Zumi

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

pfff if you really want to find a touhou song you need to increase the search to +9000
it's over nine thousand!!
Sorry, just had to do that :P

Anyway, i support this, too bad i don't have any stars ATM.
[BlinK]
Support.
PhiLL A
agreed
Saten
On my osu!direct there are no maps showing anymore
Only the newly ranked maps

You have my support~
PROGUY
I support this.