forum

[duplicate] Allow /np inside other messages.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
chromb
For example, you could type:
/np is really good for streams

And you would get:
GALNERYUS - RAISE MY SWORD is really good for streams. (Depending on what map you are playing)

This would make it simpler to message people about recent FC's, whilst taking up less lines. this could also make #osu and the public chatrooms neater as you wouldn't have to take up two lines to suggest a map to someone.

Example of how it could help:

This could then be shortened to one line, instead of 3.

if above image broken, here is the link
Nathanael
Fixed that incorrect Imgur link inside the IMG BBcode.

It's a good idea honestly. I have no idea why it wasn't done like that in the first place to reduce the users typing multiple lines too fast. Pretty sure the devs can easily change the behavior of /np but it might be not worth of their time.
xenal
There are ways to do it using the link command [maplink map name] and I often see it in modreqs to simplify requests.
Death

xenal wrote:

There are ways to do it using the link command [maplink map name] and I often see it in modreqs to simplify requests.
Yes, but you need to take the time to get the map link which requires you opening it in your browser and copying the link from there just to send in a quick, casual chat message. That's a lot of unnecessary work which is why no one does it.

I also think this is a good idea and is something I've wanted in the past, thought there was already a feature request for it though.
xenal

Death wrote:

I also think this is a good idea and is something I've wanted in the past, thought there was already a feature request for it though.

Indeed, time to mark here as duplicate as other have already more stars and actual implementation idea of it.
Nathanael
Marked.