forum

Resolution

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Zerdy
Now you can change resolution by going into osu! folder and look for "osu!.(account).cfg" file and edit your custom resolution.
I would like to see this ingame.
peppy
What resolution are you looking to set? An how often do you change this that you'd want to see it in the options menu itself? I'd assume only once?
Tshemmp
I play in fullscreen but when I go to Edit Mode it automatically switches to window mode and then you can only choose between 800x600 or 640x480. Since this is too small for me I did this in the .cfg:
Width = 1337
Height = 700

I guess this is what he is talking about.
peppy
Sure, but after you set this once aren't you done?
Topic Starter
Zerdy
It's true that you only set it once. But not all of osu players know that you have to change it from the folder.
And not quite "once" you have to change it so you like it (you may need more than 1 try) but there comes the problem. You have to restart.
I think it's quite too much to restart your osu! client 6 times for the sake of resolution, that's why I gave up and coped with the current resolutions.
Archangel Tirael
And before that, like, you can
play in fullscreen at
1280x1024. Even if it is not so,
very much like to try to play
on such a resolution without
loss of image quality.
[-Meiton-]
I set the resolution in the cfg to 1280x1024. But when i start the osu, hes get 1280x960 :-/ Any idea?
deadbeat

[-Meiton-] wrote:

I set the resolution in the cfg to 1280x1024. But when i start the osu, hes get 1280x960 :-/ Any idea?
this is better suited for tech support.
jemhuntr
you could actually change the resolution?? Cool. osu! really has a lot of unannounced features and options xD
Drafura

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

you could actually change the resolution?? Cool. osu! really has a lot of unannounced features and options xD
A .ini to set resolution is used by maybe 90% of the games.
Saten
I use 1600x900 normally. (which can't be changed in-game)
Sometimes I change resolution to something fitting when switching to laptop screen. (which I can do in-game)
So I have change the resolution manually if I'm going back to my external monitor.

[-Meiton-] wrote:

When you close osu!, it overwrites the .cfg

So change the settings while osu! is not running.

ok, I read the post below.
deadbeat

[-Meiton-] wrote:

btw guys, this was posted in technical support and the reason this wasn't working for him was because osu! doesn't support 5:4
Nomeji
I think osu! should show these resolutions in option menu:

4/3:
640 x 480
800 x 600
1024 x 768
1280 x 960

5/4:
1280 x 1024

16/9:
1280 x 720
1600 x 900
1920 x 1080

16/10:
1680 x 1050
1920 x 1200

I think this is the most use resolutions.
And something to write a custom resolution in game is also a good idea.
Makar
Bumping this for support.

I actually switch between widescreen and 4:3 a lot (to test how things (bgs) look on them), but its kinda annoying to restart all the time. 1024x600 isn't 16:9 though, and there is no other option without going full screen.
theowest
I would actually like this too, it's pretty annoying having to go back and change my custom resolution again after trying to replicate resolution specific bugs.
Dexus
There should be a 4:3 option that matches the height of your monitor's resolution (and takes the taskbar into consideration) I like the way it looks but I don't think the common person would take the time to math the exact size that needs to be used.