forum

win8 cp touchscreen click not registered properly [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chonicle
My touchscreen spec:
lenovo x220t, 2 touch input and pen input(wacom)

It was all fine when windows8 is still in developer preview. The latency is less than 6ms(with win8 dp's own driver, not wacom) and you cannot feel it when playing, it was great success.

When I upgrade to w8 consumer preview(still default win8 cp's driver), osu is not registering my click on the screen properly:
1.touch
Osu doesn't detect my single point touch. But if I touch twice quickly at one spot(just like doubleclick), it will register one touch.
Also if I do a slide on the screen(just like a slider), it will register the sliding process, but still not the start point.

2.pen
Playing with pen above(not touching) the screen and hit with keyboard is just fine.
But if I click the screen with the pen, it will not detect it.(still double click will register as one click, sliding has the same problem with touch)

If i changed the settings in the tablet settings in control panel and get "Press and hold equivalent to Right-click" disabled, I can make the pen click registered properly by "right click" on the screen anywhere(this is performed using the pen button on the pen) for a short period of time.
If I don't touch the screen or use the pen for about 15 seconds, then it is back to the state that pen click is not working properly. I tried change the "Press and hold" setting for touch input, but it does nothing.

I doubt it is a win8 driver problem. I tried the wacom driver, no success(same behavior) . But if this is solved, I won't have to restart the computer and go into win8 dp just to play osu on touchscreen.

Touchscreen users, if you are working on win8 cp, please tell me what you are experiencing.
Royboyvdm
Disable wisptis.exe from procces list and tell what happens
Topic Starter
chonicle
This is what it looks like:
http://puu.sh/pqov

There is no wisptis.exe (does it come with wacom drivers? I didn't install that. On win8 cp the offical wacom driver won't install)

I really want this thing to work..
osu on win8 dp:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... BFbsste-S0
rootarded
I experience the same problem with my Acer Iconia W501P. The touch clicks wont be recognized, even with the "TabletPC support" option enabled. This is driving me nuts! I tried using the original Win8CP driver, the original EETI driver but nothing worked out.
I would really appreciate some techs to look into that.
peppy
I'd be interested in whether it is actually using the Ink support (Tablet PC togle in osu! options). If it is, it should work correctly, otherwise there may be issues. I do have a touchscreen I can test this with, but only windows 7. I get similar issues so I will try to fix them at my end and see if it helps on win8 as well.
rootarded
At first: thank you very much!
I did some research and it seems that Windows 8 uses a slightly different Ink! API. This seems to be because of the new Metro(tm) GUI.
Maybe this causes the problem.

>> http://channel9.msdn.com/events/BUILD/B ... /PLAT-192C

Although, I am not really sure about this ... >_>
peppy
Will look into this tomorrow when I have my test system handy.
rootarded
I would be gladly at your service for testing stuff.
Topic Starter
chonicle
OK windows 8 RP is out.
I tried it on my x220t, with default windows drivers, also installed lenovo multitouch driver.
This time if I turn "Press and hold" for touch off in the control panel, it works in osu!
Also If I turn OS support in osu on, pen works fine too.
I think microsoft found it's problem and solved it(perhaps they just adjust it back).

Oh by the way, If I don't turn "Press and hold" for touch off in the control panel, osu reacts funny...
rootarded
Same here. Yesterday I installed Win8 RP.
With the "Press and hold for right mouse klick" option disabled osu! works now perfectly.
With the option enabled, osu! recognizes slider-taps too late. But, hey, it works now!

But one thing: is it possible to add some kind of menu button into one of the screen corners?
Because hitting ESC without a keyboard can be a little tricky ...
Up until now I always have to fail to stop playing a song :(
peppy
Yep, for anyone else experiencing issues, please make sure this option is not checked:

I have tested this with two different touch devices (one pen and one tablet) and it resolved the issue that seems to have been experienced in the opening post. This should fix the issues for now, so I will resolve this one.
kelvin2180
solved
RiiAqua
I turned off hold for right click in pen options and am still getting this issue DX

I'm on Windows surface pro, using the stylus it comes with
Bloodxplus
tbh tis was unexpected but i got it now, all u have to do in OSU! settings jus change your mouse to like some where around 1 or 2 and it should work perfectly fine (so simple) :) :) :) :) :)
RiiAqua
Aha, the 'tablet pc support' under Options>Input worked for me
AlluBanaani
I'm using an Acer Iconia W5 tablet and disabling the hold for doubleclick doesn't help, also (as I expected) adjusting the mouse sensitivity (If that's what he meant) to double just makes the cursor go crazy nd impossibe to use. The clicks used to be handled just fine before, but after some patch the problem started. :( a solution would be greatly apreciated! I wanna play osu! again :(
Sorxc_old

peppy wrote:

Yep, for anyone else experiencing issues, please make sure this option is not checked:

I have tested this with two different touch devices (one pen and one tablet) and it resolved the issue that seems to have been experienced in the opening post. This should fix the issues for now, so I will resolve this one.
osu support multi touch feature? like this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BkiUFqzucc
touch of side to multitouch ?