forum

New Gadget (song changer) [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
waleadbadri
I thought of a great idea, when im studying on the computer i like hearing the songs on OSU, so OSU is minimized at the taskbar, the problem that sometimes i like changing the song without going to the taskbar, so i would like a gadget or a feature to change the song without opening the whole game. :lol:
Sakura
the thing is that osu! isn't an mp3 player.
Topic Starter
waleadbadri
You can make it both mp3 player and a fun game, its a good idea to make a gadget (like windows 7 gadgets), double the fun. :)
Kitsunemimi
Despite how many people I know are going to totally want this, I'm going to have to side with Sakura Hana (and peppy) here; osu! isn't your personal mp3 player. The only true purpose to downloading these songs in this game is solely so that you can play them in the game, it's not like osu! is like a music service providing you with these songs so you can listen to them.

In the meantime, you can search for .mp3s in the songs folder and put together a Windows playlist so you can listen to them in your actual media player, but when osz2 comes around, this won't be an option anymore.
peppy
Not going to happen (personal policy).
Topic Starter
waleadbadri
oh ok now i understand what is the problem, i respect your opinion, ok then another idea, we could implement in this gadget a score recorder, where as you bring an amount of score you implement number of songs, so this will force the player to play the game to collect songs on the OSU mp3. :)
Jebok_old
If you go into the Songs folder in the Osu game folder, there will be the mp3 of each of the osu songs. Simply copy it to you music folder, then open in a program windows media player or such. Therefore there is pretty much no need for such feature.
Sakura
Oh, did i forget to click Deny?
Topic Starter
waleadbadri
thank you for the deny hahahaha :) i just wanted to give ideas :), @jebok yeb i know, it only takes 5 min from the itunes, i just wanted a new feature in OSU. oh well i tried
Shohei Ohtani
You know, you can download google music, and it'll get the music from the osu! folders, and it updates whenever you download a new song.

If I didn't always have osu! open, I'd use that :D. Be aware that it might not be as organized as just you know, actually purchasing CDs and stuff, but it works enough.