forum

More tabs in online ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Cristian
The picture means all.

They are taiko players and ctb players fight for the rank, and no one knows, need to be in the light
EDIT: fix image
People who support, but he doesn't have a star
1. xcherry
2. XK2238
3. -A t H e N a-
4. Acrith
5. T-C[222]
6. dkun
7. Sander-Don
8. Aoko Kuroba
9. Corin
Thank you
Thank you for the stars :D
MMzz
Doubt it, been denied so many times.
Xakyrie
eh, different ranking sections seems like a generally good idea. Kinda true how there are other styles aside from standard ranking, so why not.
XK2238
If it's going to be implemented then we'll need some changes.

And THAT is the user panel itself. It ONLY shows our Standard scores, in which Taiko and CTB scores are not. We gotta change it to display the dominant gamemodes for each player (Standard players got Standard scores panel, Taiko players got Taiko scores panel, CTB players got CTB scores panel).

For example, this is my Standard score:

As you can see, I'm level 16, and with <15m score in Standard. BUT I'm a Taiko player myself, so it should display like this:

(Don't complain, I'm terrible at Photoshop lol)

This also means that Taiko players' panels should be separated into "Taiko Rank" (or "Rank (Taiko)") tab. Same goes with CTB, with its own "CTB Rank" (or "Rank (CTB)") tab.

Note that the EXP gauge color's changed. I used (and therefore, suggest) red for Taiko, and blue for CTB. That's all (maybe).

Sorry if my comment sounded bad :o

Btw, I'm supporting this :>
-Athena-
I can't see a lot of reasons why this should be denied, lag? Server and bandwidth problems?
+1 support
MMzz

XK2238 wrote:

And THAT is the user panel itself. It ONLY shows our Standard scores, in which Taiko and CTB scores are not. We gotta change it to display the dominant gamemodes for each player (Standard players got Standard scores panel, Taiko players got Taiko scores panel, CTB players got CTB scores panel).

As you can see, I'm level 16, and with <15m score in Standard. BUT I'm a Taiko player myself, so it should display like this:

This also means that Taiko players' panels should be separated into "Taiko Rank" (or "Rank (Taiko)") tab. Same goes with CTB, with its own "CTB Rank" (or "Rank (CTB)") tab.

Note that the EXP gauge color's changed. I used (and therefore, suggest) red for Taiko, and blue for CTB. That's all (maybe).

You can't see other people's EXP guage though.
Even if it's still for personal, why would it be a different color?
Acrith
(+1) I support that of course. I'm always confused about that the alternative osu! modes (Taiko / CtB) are worse than Standard. It could be changed a bit...
T-C[222]
I support that, good idea.
Mercurial
Like a boss :3
XK2238

MMzz wrote:

XK2238 wrote:

You can't see other people's EXP guage though.
Even if it's still for personal, why would it be a different color?
I'm not mentioning it for personal view, it remains viewable by other people. Which part of my last post points out to that? o.o Personal in which term? By each player (only the player him/her-self can see), or by tab (other people can see)?

Different colors are there to distinguish between gamemodes deeper. Red is for Taiko and blue is for CTB. For Standard, it remains orange.

EDIT: (Or we could also change the "Rank" tab into "Rank (osu!)" tab.)
Topic Starter
Cristian
bump :D
LightoHK
Yeah
Locher
This could be the chance to great a triangle harmony between osu, taiko and ctb
You know, Taiko and CTB might be "just" special modes but it's still dominant enough for players to justify its existence not only by being a "Special Mode" but to gain a little bit more independence.
I dont really like the osu players who would harass others just because of "inferiour" gamemode-preferences.

tl;tr -> Whatever it takes, this thread aquires my full attention, i hope this request has the chance to be realized someday.
Mismagius
It has been stated several times that the user panel is going to be remade some time in the future. There's no need for these kind of requests.
dkun

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I can't see a lot of reasons why this should be denied, lag? Server and bandwidth problems?
+1 support
I would say Bancho load with updating this. I don't know.

As BD said, this is going to be made sometime in the future. But +1 for implementation! 8-)
Sander-Don
Yeah! Gogo! I would love to be able to display my taiko stats on bancho as well. :3
Support!
Xakyrie
support, even if something new is in the process of being implemented.

it sounds like a wonderful idea to integrate standard and the special style communities in a lesser sense, kinda like what Locher said. Also this way, you can get an idea of what community a friend/person is more apart of, and what mode they are best at.
Remilia--_old
I'm pretty sure you guys can stop posting since it was already said that it will be implemented some time soon. (hopefully)
Topic Starter
Cristian
I really hope, but i got other ideas with the rank mod.
Enna Alouette
Topic Starter
Cristian
Has been denied cuz duplicated, nothing more
Aoko
I guess this can get some responses bec. it has stars :3
Support though. +1 Can you apply this also when we are gonna change gameplay to CTB and Taiko [Profile] so we may also see our ranks without hassle. [We need to go to the website to check it .__.] It sucks to only see osu! ranking when you also play CTB and Taiko >:(
XK2238

Aoko Kuroba wrote:

It sucks to only see osu! ranking while you only play CTB or Taiko >:(
^ I agree with this. Edited some parts.
Aoko
It's okay, better.
Corin
+ Support!

Wanted this for a very long time.
Topic Starter
Cristian
nothing in 3 weeks :<
theowest

Kurisuchianu wrote:

nothing in 3 weeks :<
wait for it. I'm sure there's a future plan for something like this
peppy
Not planning on implementing this because I'd rather make a ranking system that actually involves skill before doing so.
Waryas

peppy wrote:

Not planning on implementing this because I'd rather make a ranking system that actually involves skill before doing so.
wow that's good news but what do people define as skill nowadays.. isn't rankwhoring some sort of skill too?
theowest

Waryas wrote:

peppy wrote:

wow that's good news but what do people define as skill nowadays.. isn't rankwhoring some sort of skill too?
t/54586 ?
Maverick
Peppy since the Performance Ranking has been implemented is it possible that we may see this in the future?
attackpocket
how will you rate someones skill through this game? because i know many people that just full combo songs on easy to rank up.
just wondering how you will gauge their actual skill level from this..
Aoko

Maverick wrote:

Peppy since the Performance Ranking has been implemented is it possible that we may see this in the future?
I want to see this implemented as well, not just on online [F8 or F9] But also after playing a song [the results? like added rank now, rank PP is included.
Rey-volution
I agree with this idea. :D
but I don't have a star.. :(